News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

The return of Scrooge signals that it's time for the GPCCEX2012 - Sign Up Within

Started by Chseeads, November 14, 2012, 09:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Newsman

Thanks, I received cards froim Ladies Heather and JennJenn when i finally got home and checked the mail.

Lady JennJenn, truly unique card..I _really_ liked it! :clap2:
Lady Heather, I think I've received themon occasion before, but thanks for tre address to "Sir John". I've never asked the lady whio is postmaster in my small town what she thinksmof suc addressed items!  :thumbsup2:

John  :waving:

MsJennJenn

Haha thanks Sir John!! I just moved out...and cards are so expensive!! So creative was the way to go for me lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Depends on what you're going for....You can get em for a dollar at the dollar store....  Not necessarily the greatest cards on the planet....just depends on your taste. lol

Melody

*wonders if Seth got his for free*

It'd be hilarious if you did but not Christmas ones and instead sent us various Greeting cards with "Merry Christmas" written inside. 

Chseeads

No, it's a shame that I don't.  I've thrown out thousands of dollars worth of cards and other merchandise.  You can't take any of it though, they'll can you.

Lynx

That I don't understand.  Wal-Mart throws out bananas as soon as they get ripe, the factory where I work throws perfectly good, very sturdy crates in the dumpster, you throw lots of cards away, and in all cases it MUST be thrown in the trash.  Someone actually using it is eeeeeevil! 

It's like a mirror universe where saying "Waste not, want not" will get you thrown in jail or something.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 12, 2012, 04:36:21 PM
That I don't understand.  Wal-Mart throws out bananas as soon as they get ripe, the factory where I work throws perfectly good, very sturdy crates in the dumpster, you throw lots of cards away, and in all cases it MUST be thrown in the trash.  Someone actually using it is eeeeeevil! 

It's like a mirror universe where saying "Waste not, want not" will get you thrown in jail or something.
McDonald's used to be like that when I was a pimply faced teenager working there. But we had a manager that was cool and on his nights to work- well, we ate well. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 12, 2012, 04:36:21 PM

I can understand in some aspects of it, but it still seems goofy....

It can be cheaper overall for a company to just trash stuff outright and right it off rather than make the effort to re-do, re-use, or whatever.

Like in the case with cards and party goods for example, it seems to me like it could make more sense to just mark stuff down dirt cheap when it's being replaced with a new line of something and just try to sell it off, you'd get more out of it than just trashing it....  But the time, display space, and all those logistics are what make it cheaper to just pitch it....  It does seem really wasteful though. 

All the leftover seasonal stuff gets trashed, and other product lines if a change is going to be made, get trashed....  For example, Wal-Mart had a line of Barbie party goods.  They added them to the display line and they weren't up very long before they took them out again, and everything  left was to be destroyed. 

Just weird.

MsJennJenn

I got Sethers card today. It was full of sweet nothing's. :hypocrite:

Don't tell melbs!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Chseeads

You know what's sad, I can't even remember what exactly I said in either of yours. LOL 

Heather

I [and APB] received our card from Seth yesterday! I'm glad to report all 3 cars are currently running and all 3 currently have gasoline in them  :cool:

And thanks for including Brandon  :)
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Sis

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 14, 2012, 09:54:34 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on November 14, 2012, 09:13:38 PMGPCCEX2012 Participants

chseeads
MellowYellow

Can it be said that if you don't want to participate in it completely that you just handle it via PM instead of making it obvious you only want to send cards to certain people?  That was rude and slightly irritating last year. 

Can't wait till holographic cards are invented!

Gee! When I said that on JABS, everyone got mad and had hissy fits!

MsJennJenn

Whats jabs? And around these parts Meller speaks her mind. Haha we smite her and move along.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB