Loquacity pwns brevity in SHARING 470

Started by Lynx, October 06, 2012, 04:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Okay, YOU try rhyming "70."  :P

Get the dictionary and look them up f'heaven's sake.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Actually I just couldn't think of another rhyme for 70.  And being talkative IS better than keeping it short, for a sharing thread.   :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

In police parlance - 10-22. (Take no further action). I've got it.

Is it sad, and telling my age, when I admit I knew what "Loquacity" was, but had to google "pwns"... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 06, 2012, 06:08:45 PM
Actually I just couldn't think of another rhyme for 70.  And being talkative IS better than keeping it short, for a sharing thread.   :hypocrite:
"Pwns" is the "better" part. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: RainbowJingles on October 07, 2012, 01:09:37 AM
Do any of my musical friends happen to have the chords/lyrics for the song "Touching Jesus (is all that really matters)"?

I don't have chords offhand, but the words are:

A woman tried many physicians
But grew worse so to Jesus she came
And when the crowd tried to restrain her
She whispered these words through her pain

Touching Jesus is all that matters
And your life will never be the same
There is only one way to touch Him
Just believe when you call on His name

I was bound when I knelt at that old altar
But they said Jesus could meet every need
And when this sinner finally touched Jesus
He set me free, praise the Lord, free indeed

MelodyB

Lynx

Aye, and taught me how to make fried pies.  They were pretty good, but I have now had enough of oil and grease for some time to come. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

She should have brought you farm fresh eggs from the Snoozin Goose Ranch.

Lynx

Yeah, she said Seth thought about that right after she left.  Ah well.

If she were going there from here instead, she could take him some bread.  My freezer is once again full, she only wants two loaves and I have a lot of bread that is homeless.  And I can't currently pay shipping to send it to anyone either. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I totally overslept this morning. Till 7:30. But I am sure I'll still be early for practice that starts at 8:30.

The perks of living at church. :bigcheese:

Chseeads

MelodyB

Kimber and I were the only source of music at church today's :o

Lynx

Chel has gone, and so is the bread.  Maybe she'll find a home for some of it at her next stop.

Now to go fill up a pick on Chel thread.  Or maybe two.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on October 07, 2012, 05:27:28 PM

Ate beans beforehand?

Roscoe

At work. Nearly time to go home. Have a voice that would like to leave and a stomach ache that I wish would.  :cry:
Plus a headache. Lord. I feel 90 today.

MelodyB

Quote from: Chseeads on October 07, 2012, 06:56:26 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on October 07, 2012, 05:27:28 PM

Ate beans beforehand?

Not quite.

She was on keyboard and I was on drums. That was all. Our regular drummer was absent and our organist/music minister was also absent. So we did everything.

I think it went ok. Haha.

SippinTea

Hello everyone :hi:

The boys are cleaning up the kitchen, and I think I shall now go take a nap and be a woman of leisure.  :cool:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Sometimes I think I like animals better than people.  You don't have to worry that a nice friendly dog will be biting your ankle once your back is turned.  If a dog is friendly, he's friendly.  If a person acts friendly to your face he might stab you in the back, literally or with gossip, once it is turned.  Just saying.

I remember a tale about a guy who called ahead to make sure a motel would allow his dog to stay in the room with him.  The hotel owner answered, "Sure, we love dogs here!  I've never had a dog try to sneak other dogs in, steal a towel, play loud music at 2am, get drunk and go around knocking on other guests' doors, clog and overflow the toilet, break the shower head off or anything that comes close to the trouble I've had with some humans.  By all means, your dog is welcome to stay here.  If your dog can vouch for you, you can stay too."
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

I've said before, it's easier to clean up after animals than people.  :smirk2:

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 07, 2012, 09:39:30 PM
I remember a tale about a guy who called ahead to make sure a motel would allow his dog to stay in the room with him.  The hotel owner answered, "Sure, we love dogs here!  I've never had a dog try to sneak other dogs in, steal a towel, play loud music at 2am, get drunk and go around knocking on other guests' doors, clog and overflow the toilet, break the shower head off or anything that comes close to the trouble I've had with some humans.  By all means, your dog is welcome to stay here.  If your dog can vouch for you, you can stay too."

Funny! Or not so funny, depending.... Particularly since I have a number of hotel-owner-friends that would agree here. :updown:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

I'm tired. Just got up from a nap and I'm still tired.