News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Photography Challenge?

Started by mini, August 28, 2012, 12:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

When Chel was here last, we took off to Pensacola...it was a beautiful drive over, and she saw a rainbow, so I took a picture.

Fortunately, there were clouds in the picture as well. ;)

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Quote from: Scott on October 03, 2012, 06:04:13 AM
Quote from: minnesota68 on October 02, 2012, 11:05:08 AM
Ohh!  Im slacking!

Ok, here is what we will do...starting today, and running through Oct 31.  Again, this is a challange, not a contest.  So get out those cameras, and take some photos!

This list is not mine, ive saw it several places and most credit it back to pintrest. 

Lets get started!

Also, please resize photos to 640x480 (photobucket) before you post them.  I understand if there is a delay between resizing them and them being pushed out to the web, but if we have 5000 photos on here that are 4000x4000 we might not be popular with the moderators.

Bump this every few days to make it easier to locate.

*bump*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Seriously today is clouds - my sky here is COMPLETELY clear of clouds. lol like quite literally.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Suggest the first post be edited with that list.  Then we'll know where to find it and we won't have to bump it all month.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 04, 2012, 01:33:13 PM
Seriously today is clouds - my sky here is COMPLETELY clear of clouds. lol like quite literally.

Do you have an older picture of clouds? I took mine a couple of weeks ago. I think if you TOOK the pic yourself and didn't just Google something that it should count. It doesn't have to be one you took THAT day does it?

MelodyB

BTW...what is day 20? I can't decipher the writing. And what does day 23 mean?

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 02, 2012, 06:10:26 PM
What is # 20?

Never mind.

In photography, bokeh (Originally  /ˈboʊkɛ/,[1]  /ˈboʊkeɪ/ BOH-kay — also sometimes heard as  /ˈboʊkə/ BOH-kə,[2] Japanese: [boke]) is the blur,[3][4] or the aesthetic quality of the blur,[5][6][7] in out-of-focus areas of an image. Bokeh has been defined as "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

Day 23 maybe just the sun?? I dunno?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

"Under a cerulean sky..."   :sing:

Today is cloudless here.  If it were August it would be cloudless and sweltering.  In early October a cloudless day is just gorgeous. 

...Unless you're participating in a photo challenge thread and today's pic is clouds.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

For day 23:  http://www.photographyblogger.net/25-excellent-sun-flare-photography-examples/  Cant vouch for the website, but you get the general idea...

Been very clear here today.  Starting to cloud up a little, but nothing much yet.  Here is a picture i took last week, it will have to do for now.

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: minnesota68 on October 04, 2012, 06:31:50 PM
For day 23:  http://www.photographyblogger.net/25-excellent-sun-flare-photography-examples/  Cant vouch for the website, but you get the general idea...

Dope. I have oodles of photos like this. My friend JV and I are obsessed with taking photos of the sun.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Found one of my good cloud photos!

-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on October 04, 2012, 07:37:14 PM
Cloud AND sun flare! Nice!

That's what I was thinking haha

I have plenty more photos with better sun flare though!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Man we got plenty of clouds now.
Gorgeous clouds. So here is another from me!

-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I took this back in July.  We didn't have clouds today.

kmymbir

Seeing as I thought today was Wednesday, I took the wrong picture today, still not sure how I skipped a day... So here is yesterday's picture of what I wore. I also wear this everyday..

This is todays picture of clouds...

and seeing as I am working all day and know I will not make it home, here is Fridays picture of something green...
It's the plant in my window, Not a bad pic for a camera phone.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

mini

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 04, 2012, 01:39:55 PM
Suggest the first post be edited with that list.  Then we'll know where to find it and we won't have to bump it all month.

I put it on the first post.  I will bump it periodically though.

MsJennJenn

Deemed it only appropriate my green picture is of my favorite green food!
Green beans! They're like green French fries!

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Did you drop them in the dirt? 

MsJennJenn

haah no - that's Tony's spice!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Bah. I give up. Thanks to my internet -  very nearly a lack of internet- and my forgetfulness, I never get anything posted. I'll just enjoy the pretty pics......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Just post when you can, Bobby.  It doesn't matter if you miss some.  We'll enjoy yours when you get to it.

The Purple Fuzzy