News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

So Mini Met Roscoe Rd 2 (Contest Entry Thread)

Started by mini, June 18, 2012, 12:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Here be the start of another epic adventure.  I have a few photos I'll add over the next few days, but I have to get them in order.

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

My first photo:

I have seen this several times.  Right on I-40 is this huge cross, on top of this hill.  Beautiful sight when you are driving down the road.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

After getting to Morrilton, I went up to the mountain to meet Roscoe.  This is a mile away from the start of the swap meet, cars are piled up EVERYWHERE!

mini

On the car pictures, I will have to defer to Roscoe to give us the info/price/amount of drool I had hanging out of my mouth....

I loved the looks of this car.

mini

I am not a newer stepside guy as much as I thought I would be (sams stepside is great)...but this was a nice truck.

mini

This was a beautiful 54(?) Chevy.  I think it had a 350 in it, but looked bone stock.

mini

mini

mini

I love the lines of these old Chevys, and the wooden slats in the beds!

mini

mini

Lynx

I was going to take you to task for first post promising pictures and the second post with the first picture being almost an hour and a half apart.  Then I went to check the sharing thread, came back and you had posted four more posts.  Went to check an online webcomic and you had posted five more. 

Objection withdrawn.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 18, 2012, 01:56:52 PM
I am not a newer stepside guy as much as I thought I would be (sams stepside is great)...but this was a nice truck.

Loved it....and it was a bargain, given the work that had gone in it. 1971 model, $8500 obo
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 18, 2012, 02:03:33 PM
More of the Chevy:

Dead on, 1954.... small block Chevy did NOT come in this bodystyle, but if it had, this is what it wouldv'e looked like....kinda pricey, I beleive they were asking $18,500. BUT- I'd rather pay that for this over $28k+ for a new chevy. This'n is much better looking ,IMHO.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 18, 2012, 02:08:22 PM
Another of the Orange Ford:

My all time favorite Ford Truck body style. This 1940 Ford was also a driver- for all its good looks, there were some stone chips that proved it was driven. At $25k, it was WAY outta my budget, but well worth the price...

mini

I need to post one out of order:

After driving a hour and a half, and gulping one to many Dr. Peppers, this was a most welcome sign... (rest stop).  LOL

mini

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 18, 2012, 02:22:11 PM

After driving a hour and a half, and gulping one to many Dr. Peppers, this was a most welcome sign... (rest stop).  LOL

Also, does anybody else find it slightly disturbing that Roscoe lives in the "natural" state?  Dont show up at his house unannounced!  :P

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 18, 2012, 02:23:13 PM

Also, does anybody else find it slightly disturbing that Roscoe lives in the "natural" state?  Dont show up at his house unannounced!  :P
:laughhard: Hey- if ya got it- flaunt it!

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on June 18, 2012, 02:24:43 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on June 18, 2012, 02:23:13 PM

:laughhard: Hey- if ya got it- flaunt it!

:ugly:

mini

Here is Uncle Ron's Shay (my first look at it)

mini

Roscoe

Brief backstory on the Shay. In 1979 or so, a man named Harry Shay managed to get Ford to license him the right to make a replica Model A to celebrate the model A's 50th birthday. They were fiberglass, sold through Ford dealers, with pinto drivetrains....this is one of em

Melody

mini

Uncle Ron talking to the soon to be previous owner:

Roscoe

This was just before I got to ride in the rumble seat, a pic of which I am sure Mini will soon provide you with.  :laughhard:
I thought I was gonna be a permenant passenger- that thing ain't easy to get in and out of.