News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

What is the weirdest thing you have been paid to do?

Started by Scott, February 09, 2012, 07:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

I think mine was the day I was hired to clean a car wash for a Conoco Station. The manager had a mean streak and several times while I was in the wash cleaning it, he started the rinse cycle  :mad:  (he was nice enough not to use the soap cycle)    :freaky2:

Another time I was  hired to stand in front of a candy machine and box candy bars for shipping. I had to count 50 bars of candy spewing out of the mouth of a dragon (candy wrapper). Those bars came out fast and I had to switch boxes in a hurry. It almost felt like the classic Lucy routine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NPzLBSBzPI
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Chseeads

Bring a rooster to the Memorial Union building at Indiana University for some people that were part of some strange scavenger hunt.  They were like middle aged business people.  They already had 5 roosters in a cage with them, and they just had to present them, along with the one I brought to the front desk of the hotel there, and they gave me $50 and their cage full of roosters they already had. 

Heather

Make and sell snocones at an outdoor music concert.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

Worked for awhile at a place called Labor Ready. You worked for whoever showed up and needed people. Well one day these guys came in and picked up about 8 of us and loaded us in a pick-up. They then drove several miles outside of Phoenix and then literally several more miles off road into the desert. We then spent the next 8 hours digging "sprinkler trenches" by hand. The guys never would tell us what we were digging them for. (They literally told us "it's none of your business".) Sometimes I wonder exactly what we were doing out there.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Scott

When I worked security after high school; I once had to guard a sidewalk after they poured cement. It was in the ghetto and my job was to make sure no one wrote on it or walked on it.  4 hours standing there, feeling foolish.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle