News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Fibromyalgia - Do you or anyone you know have it?

Started by Babs, March 16, 2011, 02:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

EricShane

barb, find a Holistic doctor that does Chinese Pressure point checking to see what suppliments are best for you..
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Ashlee

Just saw this thread.  My mother has this and has suffered for many years.  There are days she really could not get out of bed, but it hurt her to be in bed as well.  She told me that if she didn't have me still at home to make her get up and go and take her to things, then she probably would never have gotten out of bed.

I just bought her some lotion.  It's called "Two Old Goats".  It is extremely pricey in my opinion, but if it works, then it will be well worth the money.  Has anyone ever used this?

Babs

never heard of it but found their website. i may order a small bottle and see. cant hurt i guess lol

http://www.twooldgoats.com/page/page/4792030.htm
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

SippinTea

I don't have anything worthwhile to add as far as help - wish I did! But I do have a number of friends who struggle with this, and it makes me hurt to watch them. :(

*Hugs* Barb

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

angel

My mother has had fibro for years. I told her the other day to try a neti pot just in case allergies are causing the fibro. I hope it works for her. I don't like seeing her suffer, she does have a good doctor again and is actually helping her instead of other doctors telling her it's all in her head.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Ashlee

I know this is an old post, but I am watching my mother struggle with this more and more everyday.  So, I am wondering if there is anyone else here who has more information about this.  Does anyone know of any tips to help ease the pain?

SippinTea

Several people I know have been helped by going on anti-inflammatory diets. But I'm no expert.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

angel

Quote from: Ashlee on November 18, 2012, 08:57:35 PM
I know this is an old post, but I am watching my mother struggle with this more and more everyday.  So, I am wondering if there is anyone else here who has more information about this.  Does anyone know of any tips to help ease the pain?

I'm sorry you have to see her suffer. I will pray your mother and you.

Be a support to her and try to read on information about it to understand it better. It has helped my mom out immensly that I have been there and supported her through it.

I can say if a doctor ever prescribes cymbalta or lyrica, tell your mom to run far away from that poisonous thing they call medicine. My mother nearly died on that stuff 4 years ago. There is a sleeping pill that she used to take as well, and it made her sleep walk. My sister caught her talking to her table one morning. Oh, it's called Ambien. Yikes. NOw my mom takes benadryl to help her sleep which is a lot safer than that Ambien.

My mom is on neurotin for pain. It works for her, but it makes her VERY talkative. Not sure what else she is on now. She uses heating pads. She can't take showers that have the shower head beat water on her back. It makes it worse. She gets migraines as well. So I don't know if your mother does?

I hope your mom can find a good doctor. It took my mom a while to find another good doctor after the one she had retired. Some doctors won't work with the patient and some will even say it is all in their head. And these are doctors that specialize in fibromyalgia. So sad. But there are good doctors as well. So I hope your mom has a good doctor. Hope this helps.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Sis

Quote from: Ashlee on November 18, 2012, 08:57:35 PM
Friend Dr Dave [Dave Frahm- I think that's how you spell it] He has helped me a lot. Most of it is from an ill-functioning thyroid.