News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Ask a Yooper

Started by sunlight, February 22, 2010, 03:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 04, 2010, 09:36:13 PM
Wow, where did you get that photo of Chel? :o

LOL... the newspaper... haha. I forgot to put the snowflake on her face though...  :lol:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

newkris

I like non-fiction history, and topics having to do with different Wars...

hey youse guys!  i realize i am totally jumping in out of order. . .  and i'm sure that surprises everyone.  but i just saw this.

have you read or heard Boom!  by tom brokaw? excellent depiction of the 1960s.  or The Hornet's Nest by Jimmy Carter?  it's a history of the revolutionary war and his family's involvement.

good stuff.

and do you like l'amour?  talk about action, adventure, history, romance . . . all tied in to one.  :) 

as for those of you who wonder what made me wander in . . . i heard someone say books . . . that's all it takes.  :pwink: 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

KRIS!!!! *attackhug* I haven't "seen" you in so long!!

:beret:

newkris

hello my beautiful friend!  how are you? 

shall i list more books for yoop to read? 

or is this a good place to talk about a publisher that i have connected with who is doing stories on the MIDWEST where, of course, i am and have always been and plan to write about.  :pwink:  so.  yeah.

um . .. back on topic  . . .um . .  .have you read dr. zhivago?
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

Haha! Feel free to pinkwink here. Your reputation has preceded you.

Yoop, meet Kris... Author and Founder of Pinkwinking. *grin*

:beret:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: newkris on March 05, 2010, 04:18:40 AM

YAY for another bookworm, that'd be awesome, always looking for another good read!
or is this a good place to talk about a publisher that i have connected with who is doing stories on the MIDWEST where, of course, i am and have always been and plan to write about.  :pwink:  so.  yeah.

It sounds familiar... not sure if I read the book or saw the movie...  ???
But I read all of Roots in 7th or 8th grade, in about a 2 week time frame. And Andersonville, and Gorilla's in the Mist.

Feed The Bachelors 2010

newkris

dr. zhivago is a much better book than movie, although the movie is very good after you have read the book.  classic russian literature.

me, too.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: newkris on March 05, 2010, 12:01:06 PM
dr. zhivago is a much better book than movie, although the movie is very good after you have read the book.  classic russian literature.

I honestly have trouble finding any movie EVER being better than the book... unless I hated the book! LOL

There are just some books that shouldn't be written, and definitely some that just shouldn't be read, and even more that should never be turned into Hollywood Theatrical Film Releases...  :biglaugh:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: newkris on March 05, 2010, 04:18:40 AM

What kind of writing?

Feed The Bachelors 2010

newkris

Quote from: YooperYankDude on March 05, 2010, 12:19:11 PM
Quote from: newkris on March 05, 2010, 12:01:06 PM

I honestly have trouble finding any movie EVER being better than the book... unless I hated the book! LOL

There are just some books that shouldn't be written, and definitely some that just shouldn't be read, and even more that should never be turned into Hollywood Theatrical Film Releases...  :biglaugh:

this is true.
me, too.

newkris

Quote from: YooperYankDude on March 06, 2010, 12:36:49 AM

What kind of writing?

well, the writing in this particular reference is actually a children's book called Bapka's Boy and the Talking Mirror.  at least, that's the working title. 

to see my general writing, you can find it here:  http://krisanewman.blogspot.com

i'm kind of a rambly writer.  mostly reflective sorts of things. 

you could also find it on ninetyandnine.com.  you would have to search my name in the archives, though.  lately i have been editing, but not writing, for them. 
me, too.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

I enjoy reading some fanfics... like on www.fanfiction.net , there are some good ones... and some really lousy ones on there.

I am just not satisfied with the fact that CS Lewis only write 7 CON books... there were so many other possible stories.

So I went looking for any lost manuscripts, and found that site... it's kinda fun, but just be careful and take heed to the ratings... they do mean something!
:lol:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

upcchris

I dunno when I stumbled onto fanfiction.net...I really don't, but some (completed...and still in progress) works I found on there are really good...the annoying thing is though, when I want to go back and re-read, I can't find them beacuse I forgot the title and author.

On the subject of books adapted into movies *eyebrow twitches* I, personally would prefer it if they would stick more to canon....many are fanfiction, plain and simple.

There are some adaptations that did...more or less stick to canon...and some that didn't...but it worked....but a few that just left you thinking the only real similarity it has with the book, is the title. Ella Enchanted being a case in point...I loved the book and I did like the movie, but I just thought they could've done so much more with it...that and it had been overly disney-fied to make it acceptable for children's viewing...from memory...the uncle and the snake were never in the book, I think they just needed a bigger and more threatening villain than the step-sister.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

sunlight

if you were to write a horror story, how would your first victim die?

when is it a good occasion to be deaf?

what have you seen that no-one else has?

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: sunlight on May 06, 2010, 04:01:32 AM
if you were to write a horror story, how would your first victim die?
of horror...

when is it a good occasion to be deaf?
Ummm... when you live next to a rooster farm, and work the night shift...   :grin:

what have you seen that no-one else has?
the insides of my eyelids...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

taco_harvell

What is your favorite state to visit? Why?

Where would you live if you could live anywhere?

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

sunlight

what do most people find absolutely amazing... that you find totally boring?

what is the most unique way you have ever settled a disagreement with someone?

what one thing totally overwhelms you?

what is the funniest story that has to do with chap-stick that you have ever heard?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: taco_harvell on May 06, 2010, 04:25:23 AM
What is your favorite state to visit? Why?
The state of confusion... lol, j/k... Probably PA, and simply because it is where I grew up, and I got to see so little of it as a kid... so much history to explore, and beautiful scenery. Although VA would be a close second... and the entire area of New England as a third...

Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
Probably in a place that I have yet to discover, ask me again in a few months... lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

TheGirl

Ok you did this to me..I see you've already been through 200 questions and answered them in depth ..so maybe i'll make it easy on ya :)

Whats you favorite color?

How tall are you?

Whats the last thing you ate?

Do you prefer cold or hot weather?

Do you enjoy the beach or a mountain more?

If you were witness to someone tripping and falling..would you see if they were ok or laugh first?

Of all the places you have been to what location has been your favorite?

What has been your favorite age so far?

Do you like gum?

What do you think about yourself?

How are you today?

This one...my personal favorite..do you also have a redhead fetish?

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: sunlight on May 06, 2010, 04:27:19 AM
what do most people find absolutely amazing... that you find totally boring?
SQUIRREL's...  lol... just kidding, ummm...

what is the most unique way you have ever settled a disagreement with someone?
 Unique? Agree to disagree... lol.

Hmmm... it isn't unique, but I normally walk away... well sometimes... lol, but I grew up in a home where if there wasn't at least one or two arguments a day, either my mom or father, and then stepfather had to of been on vacation. So I have a tendency to shy away from raised voices or situations where things are headed that way... it can be a bad thing at times... but other times it prevents a disagreement from turning into a argument...

what one thing totally overwhelms you?

The fact that God has put up with me and all of my faults, and even in all of the times I have messed up since I got the HG at age 9 in a AOG church, he still continued to lead me on to truth and led me to an Apostolic Church at age 18, after I joined the AF to get away from my family...

what is the funniest story that has to do with chap-stick that you have ever heard?
Hmmm... probably seeing a picture of a friends little brother devouring a cherry chap-stick... reminded me of my mint chap-stick eating days... lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: TheGirl on May 06, 2010, 02:31:49 PM
Ok you did this to me..I see you've already been through 200 questions and answered them in depth ..so maybe i'll make it easy on ya :)

Whats you favorite color?
Blue...  no... red... AHHHHH     :biglaugh:
Favorite color... I do not actually have just one favorite color... I like various shades of Blue, and Green, Red, and Black... and sometimes yellow...

How tall are you?
69"   :grin:

Whats the last thing you ate?
Meatloaf, with awesome mushroom gravy from "The Brothers Three" restaurant in the town I live...

Do you prefer cold or hot weather?
I prefer it neither too hot nor too cold, but given the option to set a worldwide thermostat, I would say anywhere from 60-75 degrees year round.

Do you enjoy the beach or a mountain more?

Depends on how I am feeling that day, and who is around... the beach is nice when I don't have to worry about it being crowded with people... beaches are nice for walks early in the morning or late at night... lol

Mountains are nice for drives, and camping, and picturesque mountain views and streams, and wildlife... and photographing all of that as well as startrails... :grin:

If you were witness to someone tripping and falling..would you see if they were ok or laugh first?
I want to say see if they were ok first, but depending on who it is and what they were doing... I might laugh a little, and then promptly check on their well being...

Of all the places you have been to what location has been your favorite?
Another one of them dreaded favorite questions... I cant pick one... I love everywhere I have been except for Wichita Falls, Tx... it the ugliest and most dreadful place that I have ever been...

What has been your favorite age so far?
Hmmm... I think sometime around 19... not old, but still old enough to be away from home, and young enough to still hang out at Denny's with a friend and quote things such as Monty Python and the Holy Grail, without being reprimanded by parents... lol

Do you like gum?
Yup, mint or winter-fresh...

What do you think about yourself?
I am me... and that'll never change   :biglaugh:

How are you today?
Doing quite well, thank you for asking... and yourself?

This one...my personal favorite..do you also have a redhead fetish?
Ahh... redheads... I have in the past, and not just redheads, strawberry blondes, and auburn as well... but alas I have decided that her hair is going to turn gray eventually and most likely fall out at some point in time, so the color will not last anyhow... so whatever color hair the Lady that I marry has, will be my favorite...    :biglaugh:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

TheGirl

Lol...alright good enough  :biglaugh:

taco_harvell

How does it feel to be part of Genius undertaking like the Founding Bachelors and F.B.I?

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
:hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: taco_harvell on May 30, 2010, 04:39:36 AM
How does it feel to be part of Genius undertaking like the Founding Bachelors and F.B.I?
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
lol... as I recall it was a yahoo messenger chat, and it started when I mentioned my grandma sending me things I can only get from pa...
and you asked if I could have her send you some... and then we went from there... there ya have it folks... the birth of a legend...

:hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

I feel like I should be getting more CP's than I have... you and I are helping to motivate the Apostolic Ladies to cook! That is one of them important things to go on a resume... lol...

:couch:

Feed The Bachelors 2010