News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ask Rainbowjingles Two/Too/To

Started by Newsman, December 05, 2008, 09:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

MelodyB

So is this the thread where Elona comes to dressed in a TuTu? :o
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

What's the matter, PF? You don't think a tutu would go with her strawberry hat very well?

Elona, what's the most romantic date you've ever been on? *cheeky grin*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

BeccaBoo

* Becca waits for the answer to Gooby's question

:freaky2:

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

RainbowJingles

Quote from: MelodyB on December 05, 2008, 09:22:42 AM
So is this the thread where Elona comes to dressed in a TuTu? :o

Uhhh...  I have a feeling that the intent of this thread was NOT for me to come in dressed in a tutu, even if it's the twotoo thread.
HOWEVER, if you feel that I need to wear a tutu, you may feel free to send it to me and I will wear it.
HOWEVER, please note that you can rest assured that all of my other clothing will be intact and in place at the time said tutu/twotoo/toto is worn.

As to resurrecting all the old ask threads (Mel), I think you may have just answered your own question.  lol  :girltongue:

RainbowJingles

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 05, 2008, 05:33:19 PM
:yikes:   :nono:

You should picket, PF!

:pacing: No no tutu!

RainbowJingles

*goes to look for a strawberry tutu*
I do NOT make a "berry" * good ballerina, y'all!

Quote from: SippinTea on December 05, 2008, 07:30:37 PM
What's the matter, PF? You don't think a tutu would go with her strawberry hat very well?

*please note that quotes are used loosely, albeit somewhat appropriately, here.

RainbowJingles

Quote from: SippinTea on December 05, 2008, 07:30:37 PM
Elona, what's the most romantic date you've ever been on? *cheeky grin*

Oh my!  WHAT a question!  :o

*thinks back to the multitude of dates she has been on in her oh-so-long life*
:roll:

Okay...  so I have been on a handful of dates in my day, but not many were designed to be insanely romantic.  The "romantic" parts mostly had to do with the guy I was with and the feelings that I had for him.  Now that those feelings aren't the same anymore, the date doesn't seem quite as romantic in retrospect.
So, for the sake of journalism and question-answering, imagine the following dates were with the *right* person.  lol

Romantic:
July 4th at the park watching fireworks while leaning back against a tree with his arm around me.
I'm sorry, but I can barely write that with a straight face, because it was SO the wrong guy, but it was QUITE romantic at the time, and would be an awesome date again someday IF it were with the right person.
In the same category (i.e. Awesome if it's with the right person):
A long drive and a picnic in the park followed by feeding the ducks and taking a walk on one of the trails.
All the ingredients of a great day, but we were "just friends."  lol
Afterward he asked me about another girl, and I set them up.  :roll:

Romantic-er:
A picnic at the ocean.  We backed into a parking place that overlooked the ocean, opened the liftgate on my minivan and had lunch.  Afterward we walked on the beach.  I wanted to dip my feet in the ocean but he didn't.  lol  And it was too cold to build sandcastles that day (I'm not sure if that was REALLY true or not; just because it's 50 doesn't mean you can't build a sandcastle, right?), so we found a place to just sit down and talk.
Same guy, different time: Evening in the big city.  We walked the city streets holding hands, and then stopped to watch some street entertainment/artists.  He walked up behind me and put his arms around my shoulders, and I just felt *protected.*

Romantic-est:
Christmas morning, singing and making balloon animals at the nursing home with my family and some friends.  It was an incredible connection, especially since my mother had just passed away and it was my family's first Christmas without her, and he had driven several hours to be with us on Christmas day.  Even now that he and I are only friends, I actually look back on that date as a "romantic" one, believe it or not.  He understood what was important to me and went completely out of his way to be there for me at a time when I needed him most.

RainbowJingles

My random ponderings:

In retrospect, I'm not sure what constitutes a romantic "date."
The dates that I listed are more a culmination of moments and feelings.  Perhaps I can better describe the *moments* that I remember as romantic pieces of dates:

- Feeling respected and protected (like the time I was walking with a guy and he took my hand and quickly led me into a store because he saw some shady-looking people on the sidewalk where we were walking, or the guy who always deliberately walked on the street side of the sidewalk because his grandfather taught him that was a "proper" way to treat a lady)

- Knowing that he went out of his way for me (like the time when the guy I was dating knew I was having a horribly rough day, so he drove four hours one way and showed up with a bouquet of carnations after a Saturday evening revival service at my church service just to see me for an hour.  We went to Burger King and ate in his car while we talked, but that REALLY ranks as a romantic date in my mind!!  He had to go back home because he had to play for church the next morning, but...  WOW!  I don't know if I'll ever forget that date.  You know, maybe that one should be up there with "romantic-est")

- A small thoughtful gift (or gifts) like the teddy bear from build-a-bear workshop (he knew that I had wanted to go there for a long time) or a simple item that I admired on a store shelf, or a teddy bear of any sort.  I guess I am of the opinion that fluffy huggable teddy bears are romantic.  lol

- Knowing that he appreciates the effort I made to look nice for him (usually made known by his compliments and glances)

- Thoughtful planning - or at least knowing that the place we are going or thing we are doing together is something we will both enjoy.  It's actually great to have things that are well thought out but also leave much room for spontaneity.

- Knowing that he enjoys being with me (eye contact, body language, and his pace can be good indicators, as well as all the wonderfully gentlemanly stuff like opening doors - especially car doors! - and holding chairs and helping with my coat).

As I re-read this list, I can now see why I've occasionally misinterpreted signals from guys who only wanted to be friends.  :o
Ruby: did you know you make a great shrink?  lol
*makes check payable to Urby la Shrink*

Warning:
The above-listed elements are considered romantic to many ladies.
Gentlemen: use caution when combining these elements.

lol

SippinTea

Quote from: RainbowJingles on December 05, 2008, 10:09:46 PM
- Knowing that he went out of his way for me (like the time when the guy I was dating knew I was having a horribly rough day, so he drove four hours one way and showed up with a bouquet of carnations after a Saturday evening revival service at my church service just to see me for an hour.  We went to Burger King and ate in his car while we talked, but that REALLY ranks as a romantic date in my mind!!  He had to go back home because he had to play for church the next morning, but...  WOW!  I don't know if I'll ever forget that date.  You know, maybe that one should be up there with "romantic-est")

Awww... Yeah, I'm voting that one as the romantic-est. *grin* How incredibly sweet.

Urby la Shrink? :o Uhhhh....

Glad I helped you ponder through some stuff.

I think. :-?

SippinTea

What have you learned about God lately?

RainbowJingles

I have learned that He is in control no matter how whirly/fuzzy/weird things may seem.
I have learned that what I want isn't always really what I want, but HE knows what I want AND need.
I have learned that He knows my name, and that He sometimes calls it at 5:30 in the morning, and then again at 7:00 in the morning.  I'm still trying to learn how to get up instead of grumble when He's talking that early.
I have learned that God doesn't always give us a way out, but He gives us a THROUGH.
I'm learning (very present tense) that even though He can do anything, and even though He desires to give good gifts to His children, He sometimes wants to make us stronger by NOT giving us what we think we want/desire/"NEED RIGHT NOW."

iridiscente

Urby la Shrink.
Oh what a stink-
when introspection
meets eloquence.
If the pen were a sword
her keyboard's a
semi-automatic rifle
bound with her
smiling two pence.

SippinTea

Elona--Good stuff there. *smile*

Dina-- :spitlaugh: Good grief. I sound like one awful friend. *wry grin*

RainbowJingles

You're not an awful friend, Ruby, no matter WHAT Dina says.  lol

BeccaBoo

Elona, Gooby, and Dina are some of the awesomest ladies...

And I havent met any of ya'll...

*sigh*

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

MelodyB

I agree Ru...er I mean Urby, she is a great friend, and she gives GREAT advice and smacks to the head when needed. ;)

SippinTea

*stifles a laugh*

About the smacks on the head...Yes, perhaps. But I expect the same in return. ;)

MelodyB

Havent we given you a few *gentle* reminders when you have needed them?

*cough*

iridiscente

can I use a semi-automatic slapper?
you're not an awful friend. I was just having fun, I forgot to put the :evildinasmirk: in there for clarification.
:smirk:

RainbowJingles

lol  We all assumed you were being your evildinasmirking self.

SippinTea

*nods wisely* EvilDina couldn't be anything else but her wonderful EvilDina self. ;)

*Hugs* all 'round...

iridiscente

so, :reversepinkwink: Elona, how'd you get the jingles in your rainbow?

RainbowJingles

I was just trying to figure out a clown name and bojangles popped into my mind at the approximate time that rainbow popped into my mind, and I had some jingle bells and...  well, I thought it'd make a good clown name.  lol  I used to wear a jingle bell bracelet under my puffy sleeve costume, and pin a couple very large jingle bells into the inside of my skirt.  I really DID "jingle all the way"!!!  :-)  It was so much fun to get into costume at home and go down the stairs.  The jingles put an extra spring in my step, and my parents would always comment and sound happy to hear me coming.

**HUGS** memories

Have you hugged your mom today?
:cry: