News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

How to tell when the honeymoon is over.

Started by Mrs. Yosemite, September 15, 2008, 01:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Yosemite

Okay for those of you who have been married at least 1 year. Tell me the signs and signals you have noticed that let you know that the honeymoon is over! haha

Here's mine.                    ( isnt this wildly romantic?) :roll:

<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZSman000%2526i%253D10%252F10%255F15%255F5%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Scott

um....

Nothing there?!?

The honeymoon is technically over when you arrive home from the trip.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Sis

Stevebert and I are still honeymooning after all these years.  We couldn't go on a honey moon when we got married, so we go on a trip almost every year to make up for it. LOL 

The longer we've been married, the more we let go. Don't fight nearly as much, which wasn't much in the first place. So the longer we're married the better it gets.

Scott

My wife and I never fight

we never argue either..

(of course, we have had some fairly intense moments of verbal fellowship)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Sis

Yeah, that's it! Verbal fellowship!

Actually, Stevebert won't fight with me too often. He let's me fight by myself.   :laughhard:

NessasMama

We were married in October and by December our honeymoon period was DEFINITELY over. He was living on his own and dating another woman!!!!!!!! 

That was my sign that it was OVER!!!!!!!  :-?

Oh well, what can I say..........God has bigger and better plans for me and my daughter!!!
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Tricia Lea

yosemite

well in regard to trying to impress your newly wed spouse, the honeymoon may be over when ya hear this: honey can you pop this fer me!!? :laughhard:

My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

NessasMama

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Sis

Guys love it when they gross us out. I won't comment.  :laughhard:

yosemite

Quote from: Sis on September 15, 2008, 10:09:16 PM
Guys love it when they gross us out. I won't comment.  :laughhard:

hahahahahahahaha :nono:   :tantrum:   :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Sis

yosemite

Quote from: Sis on September 16, 2008, 12:47:45 AM
But it's true and you know it. :girltongue:

yep! to a true red-neck it is better than a six pack (of mt. dew) and a bug light. also known as extream red-neck entertainment!

Sis

Jon Lanning

I have been married for 10 years. My honeymoon never ended.

Sis

WE're going on 25 and still honeymooning. Even moreso!

Jon Lanning

Sis

I didn't know it was a contest. I would have behaved better! :rofl:

RandyWayne

Quote from: Mrs. Yosemite on September 15, 2008, 01:50:21 AM
Okay for those of you who have been married at least 1 year. Tell me the signs and signals you have noticed that let you know that the honeymoon is over! haha

Here's mine.                    ( isnt this wildly romantic?) :roll:

<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZSman000%2526i%253D10%252F10%255F15%255F5%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

I was just going to say something until I quoted you and saw your icon.  LOL

The honeymoon is over when you no longer blame it on the dog.

Scott

My wife and I met in March of 1985, engaged in April 85 and Married in August of 1985.

She still laughs at my jokes, even the ones she has heard over and over again.

The Never Ending Battle

RandyWayne

Quote from: Scott on February 28, 2010, 03:36:24 PM
My wife and I met in March of 1985, engaged in April 85 and Married in August of 1985.

Do you ever tell her stories about the time the two of you first met?

Scott

Quote from: RandyWayne on February 28, 2010, 04:40:46 PM
Quote from: Scott on February 28, 2010, 03:36:24 PM

Do you ever tell her stories about the time the two of you first met?

Those are some of the funniest moments, because we each perceived it differently. When we are out in small groups of couples and it comes up, we tell our versions.  It's worth a good laugh.

Sis and her hubby will verify that my wife laughs at my jokes, Sis doesn't understand why she does though.

The Never Ending Battle

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Do you tell the story of how you met in the 3rd person.. and change the names to protect the innocent?  :lol:

I recently retold a story to someone of how I met them... and they laughed hysterically the whole entire time.  :biglaugh:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Sis

Quote from: Scott on February 28, 2010, 05:47:14 PM
Those are some of the funniest moments, because we each perceived it differently. When we are out in small groups of couples and it comes up, we tell our versions.  It's worth a good laugh.

Sis and her hubby will verify that my wife laughs at my jokes, Sis doesn't understand why she does though.

:roll:  Tell us her version. We've heard YOURS!