News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Starbucks & others...

Started by SippinTea, May 09, 2007, 04:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Quote from: Sister_Mom on May 10, 2007, 02:40:08 PM
Quote from: Mel-Mel on May 09, 2007, 04:57:21 PM
Well, I love Starbucks, I dont think they over roast the beans, and would love to go with friends if I had any friends that wanted to go...and the truth of the matter is....STARBUCKS IS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME!!! Although I love it, I cant afford to go but every once in awhile...so if anyone wants to come down here and buy me a few coffees I am sure I can keep you entertained in that wonderful Starbucks culture!

:o I love Starbucks! The problem is, the location isn't convenient and I don't have much time to just hang out, and when I do have time I prefer to just be at home. If they're open late on Sunday, how about we plan to go there Sunday night after church?  If not, maybe we can plan to go on a Saturday afternoon. :thumbsup2:

:pound: You mean we could have been going there together all this time and you didnt tell me?? Hello? You need to let me know these kinds of things!! Im all for the Saturday thing...I dont wanna do Sunday nights till they get the new one open though, cause MLK BLV is just too far to go when I have to work Sunday nights, and anyways I need FOOD after church, cause I dont eat on Sundays remember? I sleep.

Quote from: SippinTea on May 10, 2007, 10:31:18 PM

Just make sure mine is extra hot, will ya? I don't like that luke-warm stuff.  :tantrum:

:beret:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I have been ordering mine extra hot for the longest! It just doesnt seem hot enough if you get it regular!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Classicrambler

Quote from: terp on May 10, 2007, 07:55:18 PM
Quote from: Classicrambler on May 09, 2007, 07:55:48 PM
Starbucks is just another gigantic non-personal empire...

*cough*

...bent on putting the shop around the corner out of business.  :grin:
And that's the reason I try and shop at the shop around the corner; not for books, either.

"F - O - X ."

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Mel-Mel on May 10, 2007, 11:34:06 PM
:pound: You mean we could have been going there together all this time and you didnt tell me?? Hello? You need to let me know these kinds of things!!

Why do I get pounded for not letting you know this and it's something I didn't know about you?  ???
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

Just because... :wasup: and I didnt know you didnt know that I did and I didnt know that you did, you know?....I normally tell you things like that....

Gotta love GP, people find out all kinds of things about each other!

SippinTea

Quote from: Mel-Mel on May 11, 2007, 02:28:24 AM
Gotta love GP, people find out all kinds of things about each other!

And sometimes about themselves, as well. :)

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

terp

Quote from: Classicrambler on May 11, 2007, 12:45:59 AM
Quote from: terp on May 10, 2007, 07:55:18 PM
Quote from: Classicrambler on May 09, 2007, 07:55:48 PM
Starbucks is just another gigantic non-personal empire...
*cough*
    ...bent on putting the shop around the corner out of business.  :grin:
And that's the reason I try and shop at the shop around the corner; not for books, either.
"F - O - X ."

...go to the mattresses.
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

Classicrambler

What is it with you people and 'The Godfather' ?!?!?

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the jerk. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf Grande, half-soy, Half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low, and one NutraSweet," oh, you're a huge jerk.
Move along, nothing to see here.

SippinTea

Asking for it to be extra-hot is about as fancy as I get. LOL  And decaf doesn't even taste like real coffee.  :yell:

(Oh, and btw,...that order made no sense.)  :updown:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

JoleneHeather

I have only ordered one thing from starbucks... some green tea chi something or other.  It was good.  Im not a coffee drinker, Im a tea drinker.  Wish tea shops would become popular.

Melody

THAT would be awesome Jolene!  I would be a great customer!

Melody

Hey I came across this pic looking for tea comics and it's pretty so I thought I'd share.... 

Classicrambler

Quote"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino."

terp

Quote from: Classicrambler on May 13, 2007, 12:04:15 AM
Quote"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino."
:laughhard:

I could never marry someone that has a boat...

Backseat Radio

Quote from: TriciaLea on May 10, 2007, 10:38:01 AM
I hate coffee

Amen on this opinion of coffee

I hate coffee too.  Coffee is bitter and yucky and I don't see how folks find the deadly brew drinkable.  Coffee breath smells like cigarette breath.

The only thing close to coffee I'll drink is hot cocoa or french vanilla mocah out of the machine at school.

Bliss

I love the smell of coffee shops.

I don't really drink coffee either. I like either french vanilla or mocha latte cappuccino or carmel frappuccino.

I also drink a lot of tea too.

Classicrambler

Quote from: terp on May 13, 2007, 08:54:03 PM
I could never marry someone that has a boat...

"For me the Internet is just yet another way of being rejected by women." -

newkris

how did i miss this?  not only a thread about COFFEE which competes only with water as my beverage of choice, but CR and terp are hijacking this thread (and i don't even know what they're talking about)!!

i drink starbucks all day at work because  . . . that's the kind of coffee they buy us.  i have grown to like it.  i also like alterra, which is a milwaukee brand.  i don't like fru-fru for coffee unless it's for dessert.

i do like dunn bros. and espresso royale, but more because of where they are than the coffee they serve. 

now, carry on with your pinkwinkin' selves!!  :pwink:
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Classicrambler

It's all about Starbucks:

QuoteJoe Fox: The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.

Ever seen "You've Got Mail" ?

Classicrambler

Quote from: newkris on May 15, 2007, 12:34:15 AM
  i also like alterra, which is a milwaukee brand. 

Did you mean 'brand' or 'brew'? Seems that the latter would be more in keeping with Milwaukee. :pwink:

newkris

the brand of the brew is alterra which is made only in milwaukee with the same pure water that other brews are known for  . . . also drunk by germans aplenty!!  :pwink:
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

terp

Quote from: Classicrambler on May 15, 2007, 12:46:24 AM
It's all about Starbucks:
QuoteJoe Fox: The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.
Ever seen "You've Got Mail" ?

Cat's outta the bag (...or should I say "fox?") - Mr. One Hundred and Fifty Two felony indictments!

MelodyB

I dont have a clue as to what you guys are talking about....

Backseat Radio

I ain't got a clue either what their talking about  :-?