News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Hair website

Started by Charlene, August 28, 2006, 03:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlene

My sis in law told me about this. It might help someone on here who knows...

www.longhairloom.com

Honey Mane use to go to my church, she has beautiful hair.

Roxie

Loving this site... thank you so much for posting it!   
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Bliss

That is actually a pretty cool website.  :thumbsup2:

Envelope

woooooooo hooooooooo

I already found me a new hairdo!!  yea!!  Requires no bobby pins (which are extinct anyway....LOL) and is held up by a hair stick!!  halleluah!!

Sharon

Envelope

just wondering.....

Has anyone tried or used those ficcare hair clips???  It looks like it's all the rave on the hair sites........

Sharon

*Christi*

Ohhh I LOVE Ficcares... if you buy the REAL Ficcares they are like $40/each and they are real metal and HEAVY and they hurt my head!  I buy the fake ficcares and they are plastic and much easier to use!!  LOL

Envelope

where can you buy the fake ones?  walmart??

just wondering?

sharon

*Christi*

Yep... I have bought them at Walmart, Target, Meijer... also the accessory stores in the mall like Claire's or Icing... They have different sizes too.  I have several different sizes, not to mention colors.  I like the small ones if I'm only gonna put up half of my hair or I am putting it up in sections.

Bliss

This weekend I found fake Ficcares that were thinner metal than the real ones. I think they were made by Goody's.

alohilani

I bought one at Target, but I never use it because it has daisy cutouts that tend to hang onto my hairs - yanking them out one at a time, of course. :smirk2:

LeahMarie

Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

acjmom

thanks for the site!
i've gotten several tips for repairing my hair... it's broken off nearly a foot in about a year and a half (was mid-calf, now barely to my knee).  think i'm gonna try some of those do's too.  seems like most of the ladies on there don't have really l-o-n-g hair though.... just to the waist or a little more.
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

Sister_Mom

I wanted to see that site sooooo bad, but this is what I get:

The web site you requested is blocked by the firewall. If you feel you need access to this site, please contact Technology at ext. 7321.

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

Yeah, right! I can see that! Hey technology? This is Loretta. Yeah I really need to get to this hair website! Why? What does it have to do with work? Well, it just might help me with my hair, making me feel better, therefore increasing my productivity!  :laughhard:

I gotta quit getting on here during work and get internet at home!  :sadbounce:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

acjmom

Quote from: Sister_Mom on September 05, 2006, 04:08:50 PM
I gotta quit getting on here during work and get internet at home!  :sadbounce:

yes, you do!
that site may not help you alot with hairstyles retta, but it will prolly give you some good tips on getting your hair to thicken up and not break so easily  ;)
"Your problem is not the problem.  Your reaction to the problem is the problem"  -Pastor Brian Kinsey

Envelope

Check out the "chinese bun"............It's my new favorite!!  It only takes a minute to do and it looks very cute!!!!

I have hair to my knees!!!!  It's pretty thick too!  My MIL LOVES my new hair do too!!!  I don't do it every day, but it seems to distribute the weight of my hair across my whole head instead of in 1 place, thus I have less headaches too....Ain't that cool??? 

If I get a chance, I'll post a pic!!

Sharon

Roxie

I love some of the styles and stuff but I am not very good at doing my own hair... LOL :( :(   :sadbounce:
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

*Christi*

For YEARS I did that figure-8 bun with a Ficcare!!  You could do different variations on it... for instance:  high, medium or low, tight or loose, slicked back, curls in the front, curls coming out of the bun...

That chinese bun looks really simple too... have to try that tomorrow!

Envelope

I also did a figure 8 bun for years.....LOL  I used a bobby pin to hold the "tail" under it though.....I may try it again with a hair stick....

The chinese bun is very quick and easy.....(for me at least)....I am the "no fuss" kind of girl ...that if it can't be done in a minute or two, then I don't do it......  I just put a pony tail band in, insert stick, and split my pony tail in 2 pieces and start winding...........I "tuck" the tail underneath the bun and use 1 bobby pin to "hold" the tail in.  I pull my hair as tight as I can tolerate so that it looks fairly smooth.  I really really like this hair do.....

sharon

p s ....am still looking for the ficcare type clip.  All we have is Wal mart and we don't have any here.....I'll look elsewhere when we go to a bigger city........... that's the pits about living in a smalllllll town. 

Envelope

Ok.............................I finally went to Kansas City.....yea yea.........

At claire's I bougt 4 sets of hair sticks (chop sticks) they had a sale buy 1 get 1 50% off...................so I have a variety of some really nice and not too gaudy......

At Target I bought 2 goody beak clips (ficcare knock offs) and I am anxious to try them.........

No luck on the bobby pins...........ughhhhhhh I think they are truly extinct............

sharon

*Christi*

I had forgotten about the chinese bun.  Sunday I was getting ready for church and was VERY frustrated with my hair.  I had washed it in the morning and by evening was STILL too damp to curl.  I couldn't get it to do anything, not even the figure 8.  Then I remembered you talking about the chinese bun so I went on the website and looked it up.  Got it perfect on the first try and have worn it like that every day since!!  LOL  I found that having really long thick hair if I put in 2 chopsticks going opposite directions (parrallel, just one on top of the other, one coming from the left, one coming from the right) that it holds MUCH tighter.  Everybody loves it.  My chiropractor knocked it down though when he was cracking my neck!!  LOL  I can now do it in about 15 seconds with no mirror!!  woohoo!!

Envelope

LOL............(about your poor chiropractor)....... I just worry about hugging someone and poking their eye out!!!

Glad you liked the chinese bun.  I really like it too and have worn my hair like that too almost every day.  I have noticed that the ends of my hair do not seem as "frizzy" after wearing my hair this way.     Everyone has commented on my hair since I changed to this hairstyle and the other night after church I was showing all the ladies how to do it.....it's soooo easy and not needing the Mirror is a wonderful change.....LOL

Thanks for the 2 chopstick idea.....I'll have to try it.  My hair is past my knees and very thick........

Sharon

Amelia Bedelia

I wear my hair up like oh maybe twice a year... I usually hate putting it up, hate having it up... you get the idea
I've had my hair up for 10 days in a row now LOL I love that chinese bun! its so fast and easy I don't have time to get annoyed with it and I don't need a bunch of chemicals to keep it in place... its been a fun change   (I have it back down again now and I keep burying my face in it and playing with it, I did miss it while it was up lol)

thanks for posting the website!!!

Roxie

I can't get half of those hair styles to work for me.. I promise.  I am just not hair talented... I can do others to make it look alright but for myself I can't do anything.  I tried the Chinese Bun.  I think I got it to turn out half okay... Maybe...

Any other easy ones on that site that I might have missed that you all like?

Chinadoll

I just tried that Chinese bun -- FABULOUS!!!

Love it.

Always looking for new ways to put up my hair for work.

Nai

Melody

LOL... I can't get the french twist for nothing.   :tearhair: