News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I know. I's just a-pickin'. (Possibly because I was envious... sirloin burgers are good.)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Yikes! Feels like I haven't "seen" you all in ages. That's what happens when you have 5 out of the 6 members of your family all sick at the same time. LOL

Congrats on the new jobs!!! How exciting!!

Isaac, I need sour dough starter. Are you coming to Oregon any time soon? :D Oh, I got in a conversation with someone recently about capes/cloaks, and had to brag a little on how the two I made for you turned out. ;) Whenever I'm able to sew again, I'm REALLY tempted to mess with that pattern (so no one else would have one just like yours) and start selling them. I was pretty happy with those projects. I have some ideas floating in my head for some design changes/embellishment/etc.

Anyhow. I'm rambling. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

I'm making a batch of bread this Saturday in fact. And I found out you can mail starter across the world - just add flour until it is about as thick as noodle dough and it will survive the trip. The recipient reconstitutes it in a batch of starter food.  I'll send you a blob of starter, probably tomorrow morning, with a printout of the recipe.

The recipe is a page and a half long but don't let that throw you. It's mostly just little tips I've collected along the way. And if you have any questions I check the forum, specifically this thread, every day.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

For reals?!? Crazy! But I'll take you up on it. LOL!

In other random sharing, I know two teen boys that are going to be rather angry when they arrive home from school today. Consequences aren't fun - for anyone - but sometimes they're necessary. And in this case... well, this is about the millionth time Chris and I have had to deal with the same exact issue so the consequences are growing each time there is yet another offense. This time... well, they're going to think we're being totally extreme. BUT. If they had done what they were supposed to do the last five or ten times, the consequences wouldn't be what they are now.

Blah. I hate being a parent. I love my kids. All four of them. But I really don't like being a parent.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

:hi: Might be disappointing some friends....:sadbounce: I just saw the forecast for Gatlinburg all the week we are supposed to be there. Nothing but rain. I don't think I can drive nine hours just to be stuck in the rain. Gonna have a talk with Lou and Chey tonight. We may modify our plans to head to the dry southwest....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

SouthEAST would be better. As in Biloxi again...:freaky2:

I got my washer and dryer! The guy at Aaron's came thru for me after all. He applied my payments from the previous w/d to this one and I only have to pay a little over $400 for the set. But I can make payments and my payments don't start till JUNE! Ain't God good!?

Now all I need is to find that job.

I've been horribly sick this week...went thru 4 FULL boxes of tissues in two days. I'm on my second round of Musinex and I'm _almost_ cleared up. So I didn't job hunt. Although, I got not one, but TWO calls from people who saw signs around town advertising that we need school bus drivers...they thought of me.

So I'm gonna call and see if they offer to pay for CDL classes and whatnot.

I'm seriously thinking about trying it. I almost did in Panama City, years ago, but then I moved here and dropped the idea. Now I'm re thinking it.

Good hours and pay, I can just sit and drive, and the KIDS...I love kids...

What say yall? Think it's a fit for me?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

I used to go to church with a couple o' bus drivers. They were a hoot.

Not much going on here. Brandon's brake line exploded the other night so yesterday morning was spent repairing it in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I only have 2 more days left at Keva. I'm sad that spring break is about over but happy at the same time to get back to classes.

We've had gorgeous weather the last few days, but like Roscoe said, that rain is moving in for a while.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on March 11, 2016, 05:38:48 AMGood hours and pay, I can just sit and drive, and the KIDS...I love kids...

What say yall? Think it's a fit for me?

Sounds like a great fit Melbs!! Do it! I saw your w/d on Instagram yesterday and was like yay melbs!! lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

It's amazing how time changes us. Of course when I was younger, I hated chores and laundry...now it gives me great satisfaction to have the apartment clean and the laundry done. Especially when I don't have to haul all those loads to the laundromat. I love having my own!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

haha I love grocery shopping, buying things for my place, I still love to just be in my own place, even 3 years after moving out.
Buying things for my home makes me excited. Yea being an adult is dumb. haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

The next person who demands that I justify my decision not to have children to their liking is getting throat punched.

That is all for today. I'm now going to read. In my home. Alone. Where I don't have to deal with idiots.

Lynx

Yeah, what HeatherB said. You wouldn't believe the reasons people have come up with to explain why I'm not married with three kids by now. "Are you gay?" is just the start of it.

But I'm not taking your idiots. I have enough of my own to deal with.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Hey cloak-and-dagger lady, aka SippinTea, I didn't send that recipe after all. Sent a ball of starter, left the house without the recipe. I'll send you a PM.

When you get the ball of starter, make a batch of starter food and mash the ball up in it with a fork or tater masher or something. Let it sit in a warm place until it starts bubbling. It'll take more than half a day to start bubbling (or longer, depending on temperature.)

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Lou and Chey have spoken. We ARE going to Gatlinburg, bad weather or not.  Now if I can just make it through Sunday,Monday, and Tuesday of next week I'll have several days off- and hopefully a start date on the new gig.
We fired up Rusty this morning and went to town. Had to get a new tire on him due to a busted belt in the driver's front tire, but we managed. Tonight, Chey and I are chillin' watching movies while Mama is at Gravel Ridge (Little Rock) for a ladies' conference tonight and tomorrow..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Hooray, hooray
For Lou and Chey
They saved the day
Planning's underway
To go away
To... Gatlinburg.

Oh well, most of it rhymed.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

In sharing....

We signed a contract on a house.  That's the biggest, most ginormous step we have taken since we moved here.  It's one thing to step out on faith, but to walk by faith....  If anything, God has taught us we can't do anything on our own.

And hopefully I'll have internet once I get to the new place.  Then I can stalk this place fo real...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

After the shenanigans of Keva today, I'm so incredibly thankful that I only have 1 day in the *BLEEP* hole left. I got in trouble for playing Switchfoot on the music. It has 'religious' context and we don't want to offend anyone. However, drunk crazy man can play his japanese death metal that screams of slitting people's throats and that's ok?!?!?! Are you serious with me right now?!?!? Done. ::mic drop::

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Roscoe

Well. I thought I had posted. Of course, nothing went on yesterday- it was a big fat day of do nothing, and I never got out of the house. Utterly nonproductive, other than yakking on the ham radio some.
Today I'm back at work. Hoping the new boss calls with an official start date Monday or Tuesday, so I can get my formal resignation letter in before I gallivant off on vacation Wednesday...

mini

Here it is, 45 minutes until service starts. I wonder who will show up a hour late for church today?

Heather

Last Sunday being forced to work and last day at Keva!!!!! WOO-HOO!!! Plus I hadn't slept well in a few nights and I was OUT last night. Thank ya Jesus!

Roscoe, what are your vacation dates and what would be the best day to come meet you all? What day is Jason and Elona coming?

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

It was a beautiful day here. Nice to see some sunshine after all the rain we've had.

Roscoe

Urgh. Back at work. Lord. Last night was rough, weatherwise, but I think we survived with no damage.
And Heather we plan to be in Gatlinburg Friday through Wednesday. I *think* the clown and her mate are coming down Sunday or Monday, but I can't remember for sure. Will try to post up when I find out..
If  I can just make it through today and tomorrow...then blessed vacation....:clap: