News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

Having a rough day. Would appreciate prayers. We are making a painful decision.

The Purple Fuzzy

Praying for wisdom & that you make the right decision.

Heather

Roscoe-I have the S7 and I'm a fan. Husband of the S7 Edge and I'm not a fan.

Finally got paychecks. Husband and I went to our favorite Mexican place then drove around drooling at car lots. I love Tiny Car and she will be paid off next month, but after having a few close calls I finally agree with my husband that she may be a bit too tiny. I'm hoping to be able to rent my current dream car in a few weeks when i travel that way I can know if the crush I have on it is worth it.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on August 10, 2017, 02:11:58 AMRoscoe-I have the S7 and I'm a fan. Husband of the S7 Edge and I'm not a fan.

Finally got paychecks. Husband and I went to our favorite Mexican place then drove around drooling at car lots. I love Tiny Car and she will be paid off next month, but after having a few close calls I finally agree with my husband that she may be a bit too tiny. I'm hoping to be able to rent my current dream car in a few weeks when i travel that way I can know if the crush I have on it is worth it.
So far I love the S7. I wanted the S7 Active, but they were out of stock and I needed a phone right then. Looked at the S8, but I wasn't crazy about the screen or the lack of a physical home button and I didn't see another $100- $150 of value in it..
And in regards to the car- consider an SUV. Very much worth it. After going to the Lincoln MKX, we will likely not have another sedan. Even though the MKX is older than the last sedan we have, the comfort, safety and visibility was worth the trade. I've told Lou my plan is to keep this SUV for the next few years, and if it doesn't begin having a ton of issues, it will become Chey's and we will get Lou a newer one in a couple of years.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Trust her to keep track of these things. Happy Birthday Bobby.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I had an SUV prior to Tiny Car. However, it was a mess because the prior owners did not keep upkeep on it. Also because it was no longer made and it was a joint design between 2 companies, no one knew how to work on it. [It was a Honda/Isuzu] I'm currently crushing hard on the Jeep Renegade sub compact SUVs. Brandon isn't a huge fan of Jeep but it'll be my car so eh. [He's a Chevy man through and through even though he drives a Subaru right now and is about to get a Ford Ranger  :roll: ]

Nelle

The Jeep Renegades are pretty cute! I really really wanted a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but realistically, I would get a Cherokee if I could afford it instead. But after renting the Nissan Rogue for our Mount Rushmore trip, we really like that one. It's just big enough without being too big, and a little better on our pocketbook, haha. I'm not sure when we will finally transition to a new car. My poor Elantra is finally showing her age in repairs, but we are blessed in that it hasn't been TOO bad. Jeremy's truck is forever old and was used as a rock climbing toy, so it's definitely needing replaced. The plan is to get a new car for me (since I drive an hour of interstate each day), he will take over the Elantra, and keep the truck for extra. We traded his old jeep for this truck a few years ago with an individual, and we paid my car off in 2015. Sooo thankful. I wish I had put back those payments now, haha.

Thank you for the prayers. :) We have arrived at a decision, but we are going to have to tread carefully. I'm not moving states yet, just possibly moving other things  locally.

Happy Birthday Roscoe! :)

MelodyB

Nelle...Ive nearly forgot about that chicken myself...lol I never make it anymore.

I did find out that if you marinate raw chicken breasts in pickle juice and then bread and fry them for sandwiches, they almost taste exactly like chick fl a. Amazing discovery since the nearest CFA is 30+ miles away and I never get to have it anymore.

I have a Samsung galaxy express 3. It's decent. Had it about a year now with no major problems.

Isaac, I don't want to admit this, but fleas have been a pretty big issue with me and my fur fluffs also this season. BUT! My friend adopted a puppy a couple weeks ago, and the shelter gave her a large bottle of frontline for his fleas, and she shared with me and it's like a miracle! I sprayed and massaged both cats thoroughly and I have not seen a flea, alive or even dead for almost a week now! Even after vigorous brushing and careful inspection! It's so wonderful to be flea free! And I know the cats appreciate It!

Anyway. That's it for today I think.

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: Thanks for the birthday wishes. I've enjoyed it so far. Cheyenne and I enjoyed the day while Lou had to work, unfortunately. We rode around pretty much all day in Rusty and looked at antiques, with Chey finding all kinds of things she wants. She is truly my mini me..lol
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Oh, about cars... I had a jeep once and loved It! It was a Jeep Cherokee and I drove it to IN for the great Dome meet up. It was great till I failed to heed a warning light and blew up the motor.

Yeah. I miss that Jeep. And I now know the importance of getting it checked when a light comes on.

My Dad was insane mad at that little incident.

Eh. Live and learn.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: Slept in this morning with the intention of doing more outside work later. Woke up to a thunderstorm. Now relaxing in the recliner with a good book, trying to decide what to cook today.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I went to some yard sales. I found a set of Craftman punches fo 50 cents for hubby. :bigcheese: He had broken one of his recently.

Lynx

Craftsman? For half a buck? SCORE! :D

In local news, Uncle Fred's birthday was yesterday. Our family has an unwritten rule that if somebody has a birthday, the family gotta meet for dinner, so everybody got together tonight and a good time was had by all.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

The AC is out...again...

My weekend off next weekend is no go since my coworkers [who have both had weekends off] have both asked off.

I'm so ready for some time off.

I asked mom if I could maybe borrow dad's car instead of renting. She said if it was too much that I could borrow hers and she would just take his.  :biglaugh: Sometimes my mom can be awesome.

Roscoe

Well. We slept in today, then got up and enjoyed cruising the Highway 64 Galore 100 miles of yardsales event. I found a deal online for a set of tires for Lou's ride, which we needed, and sniped them quickly-$320 for four new 18 inch tires is a good deal indeed. Oh, and we bought paint for Chey's new hobby of the Painted Rock Project, and since we were buying paint, I picked up a can of a beautiful light blue paint. I used it this evening on the one remaining 1950's metal shell-style lawn chairs that I have. You used to see these things everywhere, but they are becoming rare. That pastel blue is just the thing to stand out on the front porch and counter the red roof and red window boxes full of all colors of the rainbow. I'm slowly making our place look right...

Lynx

What did the pirate say when he turned 80?

"Aye matey!"
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 13, 2017, 02:56:36 PMThis is the rainiest August that I can remember.

I agree. The grass never stopped growing this year.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

Our house got to 85 degrees inside today. Thankfully Landlord Wes went out and got us a portable AC unit and is going to get us another one next week. The compressor went out in the outside unit and that's a boat load of money none of us have.

I just put in my rental request for Baltimore. I'm so excited!!

In other car news, we just found out today that the truck Brandon was going to get is having some engine issues. No thanks! We will put some band aids on the Subaru and hope it lasts til January.

Roscoe

Bah. Slept late, felt like crud and managed to scald my throat. Lou had made some cabbage soup stuff. I took a bite and it was MUCH hotter from the stove than I realized. Like an idiot I swallowed it and gave myself a sore throat. I didn't realize that could even happen. :pound:
 Work tomorrow is going to be nonstop. I currently know of four people I have in jail, three at high risk of going back to prison, and a whole much of make up paperwork that accompanies it. Amazing how every time I take off, these idiots go nuts.

Lynx

Well Bobby you do mention it here when you have some days off coming up... maybe they check this forum.

"ALL RIGHT, he's gonna be off next Thursday through the weekend guys! LET'S ROCK!"
"Do you sing at church?"