News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Slept in today. Did some Christmas decorating by putting up 15 or so m&m character dressed in Christmas outfits cutouts..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Went to Mom's for Thanksgiving. Came home. That is all.

On the way to Mom's I hit the McKay's bookstore in Knoxville. On my way back I hit the McKay's in Nashville. The one in Nashville was much better. I got 142 CDs, according to the receipt. It also took more than twice as long to plow through that big section, more than six hours.

Nashville McKay's also made up for a blow my ego received at the Knoxville branch. I consider myself at least a semi-pro music nerd because I spend hours going through all the CDs in the bargain/scratched area, section by section. At Knoxville I met two guys who go there four or five times a week and look through the whole thing. They picked up stacks in one hand, scanned the whole stack in 1.7 seconds and put them back. Apparently they know all the CDs by the patterns of colors on the end of the cases or something. They went through the whole area in about 20 minutes and got a good 15 or so CDs. And they do this four or five times a week? I'm not even an amateur by that standard!

At the Nashville McKay's my ego was salved a bit. I was going through each section methodically and a guy who was glancing through the area asked me if I worked there. I said, "No I'm just thorough."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
Slept in today, cleaned the garage out, and went to church. Pretty boring, do nothing type day. I'm okay with that.  It has been incredibly windy today though.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Bah! :pound:

Back at work. Playing catch-up on two million things. Ready to go home. The first day back after vacation is killer...

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on November 26, 2018, 06:48:12 PMBah! :pound:

Back at work. Playing catch-up on two million things. Ready to go home. The first day back after vacation is killer...

Yes indeed. I've had FOUR people need coverage for various reasons.
I've covered 88 hours in shifts today for this week. Good grief.

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 26, 2018, 06:48:35 PM:hi:
It's nice & sunny today but kinda chilly.

Same here. I'm so cold I can't feel my fingers! lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Yesterday marked 1 year since my dad woke up in his own bed. He went to the hospital and didn't make it back to his earthly home. This holiday season is going to be a doozy. I think last year we were exhausted from the hospital marathon then just numb by Christmas.

We had ridiculously, amazing, awesome church yesterday.

Today we got the notice from our landlord that work on our bathroom starts tomorrow evening. Me, husband, Whisk, Ollie, and ToeFur will be heading to my mom's for the duration of the redo. Pray it only takes the 3 days estimated and we get back home. I love my mom but she has been dumping A LOT of her emotions and etc on me to the point we are debating spending Christmas with church family instead of family family.

Also, I have dinner with my pastor's wife tomorrow. She initiated a sit down with me once they got settled. Either this will be awesome or they have been warned about me. lol.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

Work.

Had a completely unexpected blessing yesterday.  Bank manager became friends with my wife as soon as we moved into our area.  She texted my wife and said she needed to swing by our house.  Not expected, but they arranged a time.  She shows up with another manager from the bank, and they told us that each branch of the bank was asked to choose a family from their bank that they could bless.  They gave us a vacation package AND spending money for Christmas!

We were in tears.  Totally blew us away.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi: Work. Indeed. I've smelled more unwashed body odor today than in a while. Nasty. I think I'm gonna offer a class in the use of soap. If they smell this bad, I'm dreading a home visit.
So far I've enjoyed talking with one offender, tolerated another,and took a  third to jail.  At this rate numbers 4 through 9 scheduled for today better be REAL careful...

mini

I tell you, you lack the milk of human kindness...

:ugly:

Nelle

I'm so sleepy.

Headed to the dentist in half an hour to pay for Jeremy's visit today. He is having his 2nd crown appointment and finishing his last three quadrants of periodontal cleaning. I think I'm going to be cooking some pasta to make with the turkey for supper tonight so he has something soft to eat. It also happens to sound absolutely delicious to me.

I ----think---- they are starting on our roof this week. Our original expected completion date for our roof was Oct 31st. It's now a month later.. BUT - at least it's still happening, haha. We have had a small hiccup with our chimney and needing to get HVAC opinion on what needs to be vented and how, BUT it's forward movement. I'm amazingly the least stressed of myself and my husband on this, haha. I'm usually the worrywart.

I still have to purchase gifts for three kiddos, four couples, and possibly Jeremy - all family. We are supposed to be doing something for sunday school as well, but I haven't heard the official report on how that's all going down yet. I need to get in gear. I was doing SO well with gift buying until the fall. I have only like 3 people done. Most of those 'couples' gifts are just a gift card because they are ridiculously difficult to buy for and buy what they want/need anyway (like me.. LOL), so it makes everyone happier to just get gift cards to places they like or maybe won't spend money to go to.

We had a good Thanksgiving. I got to see some Oklahoma/Massachusetts/Arkansas/Texas family all in Alpena, AR. :) Jeremy did not get to go of course. He worked hard all week/end tho. I had parts of three different turkeys - two baked and one smoked. The smoked was my favorite - my husband's. I came home to a cajun smoked turkey, sour cream & chive mashed potatoes, sauteed asparagus with fried bacon pieces, Sis Schubert rolls, and of course, cranberry sauce. So I've been thinking of ways to re-purpose this turkey so that my leftover-hating husband can eat, haha.

It's been cold this week so far. I thought it was going to be warmer the first two days, but no.. below 32 for most of my morning, haha. Thank you Lord for an office job!

Congrats Mini!

Heather - I hope it's the GOOD one! Getting connected to your shepherd and their family is such a great thing. I'm glad they're taking the step to personally invest in you! Everyone needs a good pastor & pastor's wife!

My heater stays running 99.9% of the time at work.. It's bliss.

MsJennJenn

So cold. I can't feel my feet.

I really need to be working on homework, but instead I'm just sitting here brooding.

Got asked to be in another friends wedding. Yay :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Leftovers?

*perk

Nelle I can make a recommendation for those leftovers. I can make tons of recommendations! The first one is give them to a friendly neighborhood lynx. =^.^=

Why does he hate leftovers?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

Quote from: mini on November 27, 2018, 02:13:43 PMWork.

Had a completely unexpected blessing yesterday.  Bank manager became friends with my wife as soon as we moved into our area.  She texted my wife and said she needed to swing by our house.  Not expected, but they arranged a time.  She shows up with another manager from the bank, and they told us that each branch of the bank was asked to choose a family from their bank that they could bless.  They gave us a vacation package AND spending money for Christmas!

Virginia is a great vacation location!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

sunlight

What does the vacation package consist of? And congratulations! That is totally awesome! I'm glad they chose you!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Ok. I gotta rant. If you can't boil water without scorching it, you should NOT use the office kitchen! For the last week I have came into the office to a stench. The woman who works for the public defender's office, with whom our office shares a kitchen, apparently cannot cook. She gets to the office before everyone else and proceeds to make her breakfast. I guess she doesn't have a kitchen at home. The office smells like she burnt her shoes for breakfast EVERY morning. An occasional "oops" I can see, but every morning?!?! Sheesh. I'll be glad when they move after the first of the year.
Morning all. My grumpy self is back in the stench ridden office for a bit, and I have court today. Bah. They are also fixing to change some of our scheduling up. This means I might get a week or so a month with a four day work week...

Lynx

I think I'll grump too.

I thought I had a Third Day album. The CD inside was a collection album with mostly black choir.

What's wrong with that? Not a thing in the world. I like black choir. But it's not Third Day. Also it's a collection album, different songs from different groups, and some of them I don't like. I would rather have had what was supposed to be in the case.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on November 28, 2018, 01:56:34 AMLeftovers?

*perk

Nelle I can make a recommendation for those leftovers. I can make tons of recommendations! The first one is give them to a friendly neighborhood lynx. =^.^=

I'm honestly not sure other than maybe he just finds them boring. He's been better at eating them some, but it's still usually just me that mainly eats the leftovers, haha. I'm hoping the turkey nachos or turkey/pasta dish goes well tonight. Both sound delicious.

Quote from: Roscoe on November 28, 2018, 01:48:06 PMOk. I gotta rant. If you can't boil water without scorching it, you should NOT use the office kitchen! For the last week I have came into the office to a stench. The woman who works for the public defender's office, with whom our office shares a kitchen, apparently cannot cook. She gets to the office before everyone else and proceeds to make her breakfast. I guess she doesn't have a kitchen at home. The office smells like she burnt her shoes for breakfast EVERY morning. An occasional "oops" I can see, but every morning?!?! Sheesh. I'll be glad when they move after the first of the year.
Morning all. My grumpy self is back in the stench ridden office for a bit, and I have court today. Bah. They are also fixing to change some of our scheduling up. This means I might get a week or so a month with a four day work week...

GAG! But hilarious, sorry. Maybe it's not HOW she's cooking, but WHAT she's cooking? What IS she cooking? LOL..  I would have to light a candle or bring a plug-in from home, LOL.

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on November 28, 2018, 04:43:59 PM
Quote from: Lynx on November 28, 2018, 01:56:34 AMLeftovers?

*perk

I'm honestly not sure other than maybe he just finds them boring. He's been better at eating them some, but it's still usually just me that mainly eats the leftovers, haha. I'm hoping the turkey nachos or turkey/pasta dish goes well tonight. Both sound delicious.

Quote from: Roscoe on November 28, 2018, 01:48:06 PMOk. I gotta rant. If you can't boil water without scorching it, you should NOT use the office kitchen! For the last week I have came into the office to a stench. The woman who works for the public defender's office, with whom our office shares a kitchen, apparently cannot cook. She gets to the office before everyone else and proceeds to make her breakfast. I guess she doesn't have a kitchen at home. The office smells like she burnt her shoes for breakfast EVERY morning. An occasional "oops" I can see, but every morning?!?! Sheesh. I'll be glad when they move after the first of the year.

GAG! But hilarious, sorry. Maybe it's not HOW she's cooking, but WHAT she's cooking? What IS she cooking? LOL..  I would have to light a candle or bring a plug-in from home, LOL.

I've got a plug in here, but I have ran out of the smell-um good liquid. Need to remember to get some more.
This morning was a reprieve. Apparently she did not cook this morning. Musta ran out of shoes...
Lord, give me strength to get through these next two days....

mini

Quote from: taco_harvell on November 28, 2018, 07:10:31 AM

Maybe I can talk my family into your area during Spring Break...and up to Washington!

mini

Quote from: sunlight on November 28, 2018, 01:44:48 PMWhat does the vacation package consist of? And congratulations! That is totally awesome! I'm glad they chose you!

Condo, a few days away.  We are going at the end of a the season, so it should be nice, quiet, and some shopping!

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on November 29, 2018, 02:51:03 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on November 28, 2018, 07:10:31 AM

Maybe I can talk my family into your area during Spring Break...and up to Washington!
You know, we haven't decided on a destination for Spring break either....If your spring break was same as ours, I would nearly guarantee we could talk Lou into crashing yours. We've wanted a Washington DC trip for years...