News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:o  We did. A white 09 Lincoln MKX SUV. It would've been the car with the passenger squirming and scrolling facebook, while calling loudly for a McDonald's Frappuccino, a kid watching a DVD and whining that she too wanted a Frappuccino and dad should make a McDonald's magically appear in the farm fields, and a Dad pulling his last three hairs out while looking from antique shops to soothe his soul. :P

It would be wild if you actually saw us.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 22, 2017, 09:23:26 AMI've never personally met Seth but I hear from a reliable source he's nowhere near as grumpy in person.

Said reliable source has met just about everybody in the lower 48 and half the people in the rest of the world, so I'll take her word for it.
He's a grumpy, mean old soul. The only difference in him and the pre-conversion Grinch is he's not green. :hypocrite:
Actually, he's quiet, soft spoken and the grumpiness doesn't convey in person. And directions to his church are as follows- Drive to the middle of nowhere. Turn right, drive for another three hours, turn left, drive another hour. When you start seeing stagecoaches and the like, and are sure that you are in a movie set from the 1890s, you are there.
 Notwithstanding, it is a beautiful place. We really enjoyed it, including stalking the Amish. They're quick little devils though, so I couldn't send one to Seth...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bobby tell your associates you have it on the authority of no less than a McD's employee that they have bad taste. McD's regular coffee is very good. In fact it beat Starbucks regular drip coffee in a national double-blind taste test. McD's fraps are... chemical tasting, and for good reason. It comes from a bag that is shipped in already mixed.

Now the McD espresso is good. Very high caffeine content, but good flavor. Two shots and I'm on the ceiling. The McD hot chocolate is also good, and much less caffeine. The fraps... no. Just no.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on March 22, 2017, 05:37:38 PM:o  We did. A white 09 Lincoln MKX SUV. It would've been the car with the passenger squirming and scrolling facebook, while calling loudly for a McDonald's Frappuccino, a kid watching a DVD and whining that she too wanted a Frappuccino and dad should make a McDonald's magically appear in the farm fields, and a Dad pulling his last three hairs out while looking from antique shops to soothe his soul. :P

It would be wild if you actually saw us.

It would have been incredible, but the vehicle I saw was a car. Definitely not the same, haha.  I love the caramel mocha from McD's.

If you're ever planning to come back through, you should come around the time they do the big "junk fest" (not what they call it) here close to where I work. If I was prepared financially last time they had it, I would've had a lot of neat stuff, haha. We also have a few little antique stores scattered throughout the area. Southern Illinois is a fairly neat place. Reminds me a lot of northwestern Arkansas.

Lynx

And Bobby if you ever come through southwest Tennessee again you really need to come on a Saturday or Sunday. We have a flea market that stretches for acres.

On a related note, when I was visiting Arkansas and you mentioned the flea market near you and I went to check it out, I was... well... it was smaller than I expected. I thought all flea markets went for acres and acres.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Well, I posted a lengthy post late night, but apparently the computer ate it. I finally- after 6 different trips to home improvement stores, a gazillion leaks and much repentance and two days fighting it- got the 50 gallon water heater installed. I've got a ton that needs to be done in clean up around the house, but forget that. I'm gonna rest for a bit.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Trying to get my wife to get up. We are gonna go by a couple flea markets and then I have to get some potting soil and flowers for one of my projects...

Roscoe

Lynx

I'm here.

Larabar cashew cookies are pretty good.

I was talking to mom, who lives in east TN. She found out I can't even get basic goat cheese here, much less goat brie. She said "I'll have to send you a care package." Yesterday I got a big box in the mail. When she does something she goes all out. There's more than twenty different kinds of cheese she sent me. Mostly goat cheese, a bit of sheep cheese.

Nothing else to report.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Day 6 of 7. I had to add 3 hours to my schedule today, 2 hours tomorrow, and I had to pick up a shift on one of my only 2 days off until who knows when.

The decision was made that I will be pursuing my associate's at a local community college in the fall. I need 8 classes to have a double associate's. I can knock that out in 2 semesters.

McD's frapps are gross and should be avoided at all cost unless it's a completely dire situation.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I've never- to my knowledge- had goat or sheep cheese. Sounds interesting. And Lou is hooked on the McDonald's frappe-crappies.  I didn't think they were that bad, but not anything special, either.

Lynx

For the record, goat brie is more delicious than cow brie.

Chevre is the default goat cheese that everybody makes and everybody identifies in their minds as "what goat cheese tastes like." I have no idea how chevre became so popular, but it's spreadable so that's good. It's kind of like a cross between feta and cream cheese.

If you gotta go to McD's for caffeine, get a hot chocolate with two shots of espresso in it. The taste is strong but good and the caffeine will be enough for anybody.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

So Bobby, about this Jason Rapert album you gave me. He's a pretty good singer and I always thought he was just a singer. Something said on a forum reminded me of a song of his so I went to look for it on youtube and post it in the thread... Turns out he's a state senator.

"After that first million years I may get up and walk around
I may tour all over heaven in my robe and shining crown
I may walk the streets of gold, see that river cool and clear
But I'm gonna praise Him for the first million years"

Couldn't find it on youtube, couldn't google up anything about a Jason Rapert singer, only about the Jason Rapert senator. Does this mean I'll never find another album of his?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 26, 2017, 02:31:34 PMSo Bobby, about this Jason Rapert album you gave me. He's a pretty good singer and I always thought he was just a singer. Something said on a forum reminded me of a song of his so I went to look for it on youtube and post it in the thread... Turns out he's a state senator.

"After that first million years I may get up and walk around
I may tour all over heaven in my robe and shining crown
I may walk the streets of gold, see that river cool and clear
But I'm gonna praise Him for the first million years"

Couldn't find it on youtube, couldn't google up anything about a Jason Rapert singer, only about the Jason Rapert senator. Does this mean I'll never find another album of his?
Unless they make another one. Jason has a local bluegrass group that used to play locally, but I don't think they've been that active since he became a state senator. As far as I know that's the only project they've recorded. He used to bring his fiddle to the Capitol and some of the other senators and staffers would bring guitars, banjos, and sing on the third floor snack stand area during recess and after the legislature shut down for the day. I don't agree with his political stance sometimes, but he's a heckuva musician.

Lynx

Feh.

Did they write those songs themselves? Even with my google skillz I couldn't find that song by anybody else.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 26, 2017, 09:07:06 PMFeh.

Did they write those songs themselves? Even with my google skillz I couldn't find that song by anybody else.
I  believe they did. Sorry ole pal. If they make another album, I'll cabbage onto a copy for us..

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

I've had goat cheese once. It was alright.

We have a restaurant here Fuzzy's Tacos.....that has the best shredded beef tacos and they have a house garlic sauce they put on them...but they top them with feta cheese. Also delicious.

Now I want that. Maybe for dinner.  :freaky2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I meant to post this morning. However, I was busy trying to catch up. That's the down side of taking a vacation. Lots of catch up to do. But trust me it was worth it.

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 27, 2017, 03:03:56 PMI've had goat cheese once. It was alright.

We have a restaurant here Fuzzy's Tacos.....that has the best shredded beef tacos and they have a house garlic sauce they put on them...but they top them with feta cheese. Also delicious.

Fuzzys. I'm now craving that...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on March 28, 2017, 12:31:42 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 27, 2017, 03:03:56 PMI've had goat cheese once. It was alright.

Fuzzys. I'm now craving that...

haha you welcome.... :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I can cook tacos but I can also make a mean brisket or beef tips & rice. :hypocrite:

Oops, or did you mean a different Fuzzy? ;)