News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Still in Texas- therefore a lateral move at best. :ugly: We will pray for your deliverance from the heathen land of Texas. :hypocrite:
And in sharing- one week and three work days until vacation. At present, it is possible I might meet another GP'r, albeit one who has been birdbrained and gone missing more often than not lately....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on March 08, 2017, 02:29:15 AMStill in Texas- therefore a lateral move at best. :ugly: We will pray for your deliverance from the heathen land of Texas. :hypocrite:
And in sharing- one week and three work days until vacation. At present, it is possible I might meet another GP'r, albeit one who has been birdbrained and gone missing more often than not lately....

Well that could be most anyone...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on March 08, 2017, 02:29:15 AMStill in Texas- therefore a lateral move at best. :ugly: We will pray for your deliverance from the heathen land of Texas. :hypocrite:

Well I am open to all of the above. So do pray. lol :thumbsup2:
I do prefer the heat though....so if you pray for northern states with harsh winters I rebuke it.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Going back to work today. The 'back of my head may blow off due to pressure' feeling has finally subsided. Laying on the couch yesterday watching movies made me realize just how badly i need a new eye exam. First we have to get husband's teeth done. I can't keep shelling out all these copays and deductibles.

Brandon is going to campus tomorrow to get his last letter of recommendation for grad school. I'm going to try to catch someone to talk about enrolling [possibly part-time] and paying out of pocket for the fall.

Speaking of ETSU, our men's basketball team won their conference the other night and we get to go to the big tournament! Even if we lose in the first bracket, it's still pretty exciting our little school gets to go.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi:
Spent all day o the road. About to eat one of the best pizzas ever made. And I put another coat of paint on Chey's dresser. After stripping off 5 coats of paint, with no end in sight, I gave up. Apparently there's another ten or twelve on there. Since we are going more for shabby chic, I wasn't looking for a perfect finish so- The drawers are white. The dresser is "Hawaiian Teal".  And we have the vintage cut glass teal blue knobs that match perfectly.
Hopefully it'll be okay...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Reminds me of a Hardy Boys book I read back when I was a kid. There was a car they thought was used by the bad guy, but it was a different color. "Maybe he repainted it." So they scraped the paint off in an inconspicuous spot and there was another color paint under it... but not the one they expected. So they kept scraping and found four more colors, none of which matched the suspect's car.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Urgh. Today is not gonna be good. Losing our admin assistant to another job. Got a ton coming in today. I got up and baked two loaves of bread for the admin as a goodbye gift, as she loves the bread. And they are saying possible sleet mix tomorrow and a high in the 40s. I want my summer! :pound:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on March 10, 2017, 02:41:18 PMUrgh. Today is not gonna be good. Losing our admin assistant to another job. Got a ton coming in today. I got up and baked two loaves of bread for the admin as a goodbye gift, as she loves the bread. And they are saying possible sleet mix tomorrow and a high in the 40s. I want my summer! :pound:

Nice and in the high 60-70's here. :hypocrite:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Didn't get to go with Brandon as I ended up working extra on my day off. I did however apply for admission at our local community college. I only need 4 required classes to attain an associates [2 sciences, 1 literature class, 1 us history class]. After getting that I can apply for a 2nd degree financial aid to get my bachelors and hopefully move on from there. If not, then I'll be ok with that too. I just really want some sort of paper to validate all the academic work I've put in.

Work that next 2 days. Pray I don't kill my coworker Sara. Everytime I hear her voice my nerves stand on end.

Veggie soup in the crockpot or later.

Roscoe

Well. I survived the day. Picked up a new hot water heater to be installed tomorrow, if I find the energy to do so. And I got my reproduction grill cloth in for the 1933 Philco Model 60. Not sure if it's 100% correct, but I know Philco was using this style in the late 1930's and I've been told they did on earlier models. At any rate, after about thirty minutes, it is installed and looks so much better. Now I need to find more of these old radios..

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Got called in on my day off today. This is the 2nd time it's happened this work week. This is how I end up sick. However I did put my foot down and say I was staying for the entire church service and ladies conference meeting afterward. In theory I will now have Tuesday off. We shall see.

Church was awesome this morning! I'm so excited for ladies conference this coming week. When we get back that sunday is our anniversary service and Bro Brown [I think the TN superintendent?] is preaching that sunday.

Back to cleaning!

Lynx

Ron Brown is a truly great man. He's the district superintendent but you'll also see him running a vacuum cleaner if it's needed.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi: Still haven't installed the hot water heater. I totally need to do that this week. Just felt bad this weekend and spent most of the weekend laying around, with bouts of cleaning things up. The weather kept me from cleaning up much of the yard like I need to.
Looking forward to next weekend. Gonna have a nice little vacation, and likely will drag new ham radio related toys home..

The Purple Fuzzy

This weather is crazy. I keep switching from heat to air to heat to air. Now I'm on heat again.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 13, 2017, 03:27:09 PMThis weather is crazy. I keep switching from heat to air to heat to air. Now I'm on heat again.

I just don't run either. Fan when it's warm....blankets when it's cooler....lol
Less expensive that way.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

My first day back to work in a week... and it snows. I want to be HOME looking at it!! Supposed to rain soon and warm up tho..

Jeremy was released from the hospital last Wednesday. He tried to go back to work today, but his boss sent him home after a couple of hours. He's really still in pain and struggling some, but he's alive! He has his post-op appointment tomorrow so hopefully he gets to move to the next phase of eating.. which will make him less hangry. :)

Lynx

I have recently drifted into the habit... of making a big pot of homemade chocolate pudding on Sunday afternoon. I'm not sure how I made a habit of this. And then for the next three or four days I either have a bowl of chocolate pudding for breakfast, take some to work for lunch or both. It's really good though. I don't use that powder junk for cocoa. I melt down three bars of Moser Roth 85% cocoa and a box of Schogetten chocolate.

But how did this become a habit? Biting nails is a habit. Sitting down and flipping on the TV is a habit. Making a pot of pudding on Sunday afternoon? How does that even make sense?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 14, 2017, 12:04:33 AMI have recently drifted into the habit... of making a big pot of homemade chocolate pudding on Sunday afternoon. I'm not sure how I made a habit of this. And then for the next three or four days I either have a bowl of chocolate pudding for breakfast, take some to work for lunch or both. It's really good though. I don't use that powder junk for cocoa. I melt down three bars of Moser Roth 85% cocoa and a box of Schogetten chocolate.

But how did this become a habit? Biting nails is a habit. Sitting down and flipping on the TV is a habit. Making a pot of pudding on Sunday afternoon? How does that even make sense?
It sounds like a habit I'd have. And enjoy. If the scales weren't so unkind...

Lynx

Oh don't get me wrong, I never said I didn't enjoy it. It just doesn't make sense for something like this to become a habit. Not just something I did a few Sundays, a habit. As in I automatically brew up a pot when I get home from church.

Maybe I should start biting my nails. Maybe my psyche needs a habit of some kind and I should be supplying myself with normal habits like other people have.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Ugh. Wide awake at 330 this morning, wound up spending some time in prayer, then decided to surprise the wife with breakfast when she got up at 530. It kinda got out of hand. Wound up making French toast, sausage,juice, and frying up some Petit Jean hotdogs sliced lengthwise like Mama used to do. I had to stop myself from adding gravy and biscuit. Of course I HAD to eat some too....I'm probably at 1500 calories for the day. And I haven't even got out of my pjs yet... :sadbounce:

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller