News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Shoot, even I have trouble believing that and I'm a friend of yours. :p

Hope you're feeling better enough to preach tonight. Maybe God will give you a sermon that doesn't need any yelling.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Quote from: Lynx on April 02, 2017, 06:29:17 PMMaybe God will give you a sermon that doesn't need any yelling.

:eek!:

You can preach without yelling!?!?!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"When you teach it you tell it.
When you preach it you yell it."

Or so I heard. Not true all the time though.

"On Sunday morning I sat and listened to my teacher preach
I remember thinking oh my, if she would only learn to teach
But now I'm grateful for those little sermonettes I heard
For they helped me solve some problems that had gone beyond my reach"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Voice was gone and I felt cruddy. Took massive amounts of meds and went to sleep. Can talk some today, but not much- very low volume. And to prove that it is a Monday, when I looked up Lou's paycheck online, they had apparently failed to key in her weeks vacation, which means she got half a paycheck. And knowing Walmart, they won't fix it until the next payday. Good thing I have a bit stashed back and plenty of groceries stocked up. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi: Went to sleep last night listening to my Hinson's collection. Probably the best sleep I've had in months. And now it's off to work- on a Tuesday that has that Monday feeling. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It was so warm last night and the air was on and today it's only 52 and only going up to 71. Should be a pretty day.

MsJennJenn

Got stuck in Ft Worth with a flat tire last night. Nail in my tire. Not too surprising with the amount of construction around here.
The brother had to rescue me.

But just got those tires in October. So got it fixed this morning and it only cost me $10. :clap:

Master's program started this week.

Cold weather that blew in last night kept me awake with the howling wind.

I'm tired. :z:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

Just got word yesterday that the university my husband works at may have a masters nursing program starting this fall.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

I thought you already got your masters... 

Or at least I'm pretty sure you're an RN, not just an LPN. But I'm not sure how much further it is from RN to masters.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Dear Lord I'm glad it's Friday. I am so ready for my work week to be done..

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

I went to a few yard sales today. You never know what you'll find.

Roscoe

I consider yard sailing myself today. But- I wound up getting up and loading the trailer with all the metal to be hauled off and turned my attention to my latest crafty project that has nearly killed me. :pound:

See, Lou's mama had given her, a few years ago, a giant, ancient upright piano. Out of tune, sticking keys, horrible paint over the original finish- yeah, it didn't matter, it was a piano and my objections were over ruled. Soon enough, the magic wore off and Lou decided her keyboard sounded better. It took me three years to get the monstrosity OUT of the living room. Heavy as what, I decided to take it apart and take the metal sounding board out, then burn the remainder. But- my love for antiques bit me. The old beast was, according to the serial number and piano websites, a Wurtlitzer made in 1928. Yeah, it's music days were done, but how could I destroy something from my favorite time period?!!? :o

Simple answer- I can't. So, I spent all day painstakingly removing the sound board from it. Now, with just some minor re-arrangements, I have designed a four shelved ham radio desk that will still show the old girl's Art Deco lines and legs off. And I'll be reusing most of the original wood. The finish- unfortunantly it's long gone, so it'll get a nice coat of white paint before it comes in. Probably another weeks worth' of work, but I'm liking it already.   :P

I may have a screw loose, and not in the piano/desk either. :sadbounce:

Lynx

Loose screw or not, it's something you want and it will make you happy. Do it!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Whooo Wee.  Hoedown at church tonight. Awesome move of God.  And I needed it badly. The Sunday School teacher tap-danced on my toes though and whipped my hide, so I needed the touch from above in the worship service.

And in sharing- the piano/radio desk is nearly finished. I need a few pieces of trim, and then it's ready for paint. May get painted tomorrow night and hopefully moved into the ham room sometime this week. :clap:

MsJennJenn

Thank you for not destroying a Wurlitzer. lol

Joined a gym last week with my sis. We did a body pump class on Thursday (ouch) and a Zumba class Saturday morning (whoa!).
Excited though. We're doing a 20-min core class tonight and zumba again after that.

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 10, 2017, 03:41:33 PMThank you for not destroying a Wurlitzer. lol

Joined a gym last week with my sis. We did a body pump class on Thursday (ouch) and a Zumba class Saturday morning (whoa!).
Excited though. We're doing a 20-min core class tonight and zumba again after that.

Well..."Destroyed" has different meanings to different folks. Someone may think I did just that. But at least I didn't do my initial plan, which was to burn it.  :burn:  :burn:

And in sharing, I feel poorly today. :pound:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on April 10, 2017, 04:25:49 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 10, 2017, 03:41:33 PMThank you for not destroying a Wurlitzer. lol

Well..."Destroyed" has different meanings to different folks. Someone may think I did just that. But at least I didn't do my initial plan, which was to burn it.  :burn:  :burn:

And in sharing, I feel poorly today. :pound:

Well but you said it couldn't of been fixed for proper use....so you re purposed it and kept it's history alive!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on April 11, 2017, 12:53:40 AMI would have burnt it. Lol
The whole time I was typing that I was thinking that Mel would've burnt it. :lol: You firebug.
I got the trim put on it this evening and got the first coat of paint on the top half of it. Got talked out of white- it's being painted a burgundy color...Tomorrow, I intend to come home, move Rusty and finish the paint job. Plans are to have it in the house this weekend.

Roscoe

Ugh. IT's morning. And I'm already dealing with people. I need a job that does not require me to deal with people, as they are the bane of my existence. And yes, I know that sounds Seth-like. He and I might be more alike than either of us knew. :lol:

Lynx

A blessing on the head of whomever talked you into burgundy. It will look much better than white, especially in your house with your decor.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on April 11, 2017, 01:47:55 PMA blessing on the head of whomever talked you into burgundy. It will look much better than white, especially in your house with your decor.

More like a pox upon you. Burgundy?! ACK. :noo:
-Alexander Den Heijer-