News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Never mind what they meant. I'll take brisket. Do you deliver?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 28, 2017, 05:19:03 PMI can cook tacos but I can also make a mean brisket or beef tips & rice. :hypocrite:

Oops, or did you mean a different Fuzzy? ;)

I can vouch for her beef tips and rice!  :fork:  :freaky2:

Officially registered for my first graduate term that starts Monday!
MBA 501: Math and Stats for Business (not by choice - the only required class like this ack)
MKT 500: Marketing Strategies!

SUPER DUPER EXCITED!
:clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Sadly, Fuzzy's cooking abilities are only hearsay for me. :sadbounce: Nary a treat has found it's way from her kitchen to my tastebuds. :pound:
Survived the second day back. Totally ready for Friday. In the meantime, tomorrow is rib day, so I'll survive, as long as I can text-torment Mini with a pic....:lol:

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Y'all, keep praying for Germ's wife. She's feeling pretty crummy.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 29, 2017, 02:28:19 AMY'all, keep praying for Germ's wife. She's feeling pretty crummy.
Normally I'd quip that she needs to stop feeling up Germ. But since it's chellebelle and I know she's not feeling well, I'll post it tongue in cheek and note that I am praying for her.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 29, 2017, 12:46:51 AMSadly, Fuzzy's cooking abilities are only hearsay for me. :sadbounce: Nary a treat has found it's way from her kitchen to my tastebuds. :pound:
What's more, her younger daughter makes good banana muffins... but she personally hates bananas. I have no idea how she started making banana muffins if she hates bananas, but (munch) no complaints.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on March 29, 2017, 09:13:53 PMThanks guys.

I'd feel better with some BBQ ribs...

:ugly:
Yes. You would. I know this because I feel better. Better than your ol' ribless self. :ugly: *Obviously, I enjoyed ribs for lunch.

Heather

I had a day off at some point but I can't really remember what I did.....WAIT.. I went to the community college then to my parents then to dad's camper. He had a leak and we have some reconstruction to do out there.

I go to the eye doctor Friday for my first exam in 6 years. My eyeballs will be happy. By the end of the day my eyes are exhausted and I can barely read or see anything.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Does anyone know this song? Dina was asking me about it but I don't remember, it's been too long: 
QuoteFor some reason I remember mom typing out this song so I could sing it in Arkansas, but she doesn't remember it. Chel, do you remember?

Jesus carefully weighs each trial
Knowing how much I can bear,
Promising faithfully all of the while
I'll never have more than my share

(Chorus:
All my tomorrows must pass by the Lord
before they come to me.
All my tomorrows must pass by the Lord
from here to eternity.)

Sickness and death must pass His test
before they are placed upon me.
In His sweet promise my heart can rest
He'll ne'er place too much upon me.

(Chorus)

Sorrows must pass God's measuring rule
??

??
Of uncertain tomorrows I fear...

(Chorus)

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I'm assuming you have already Googled it. If she wants to sing it now, writing new words is a viable option. I have written a whole new bridge before.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I smoked a whole chicken yesterday and I must be doing something wrong.

It was thawed, I rubbed it down with dry rub, and put a half a can of beer in the cavity. I set my electric smoker on high and had the chicken on the lower rack...cooked it for 5.5 hours on HIGH and it was still raw around the bone. I had to throw it in the oven for 45 more minutes to finish it off. Idk why! I had lots of smoke and added more wood chips three times. And it was on high! But it never got all the way done.

Internet said it should have been done in 4 hours told. It was a medium sized bird.

Next time I'm gonna cut the back out and lay it flat and inject the beer into the meat. Maybe it will cook better.

Any advice, Roscoe?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

No idea. What is the temp you were cooking at? I have noticed that with chicken, I've had the meat appear more pink, but it was actually cooked thoroughly. Check your temp. It shoulda been done by then.
And as far as beer- what didya do with the OTHER half a can? You know Newsman would have totally investigated that..... :laughhard:

Lynx

*Lynx hiccups and wobbles over to his perch.

I'll never (hic) tell.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

The gauge on the top of the smoker doesn't work, so I don't know what temp it was inside, just that I had it all the way up on high.

I do have a meat thermometer, and the chicken never got above 135, and I needed 165 to be sure it was done.

MelodyB

Oh, and the other half of the beer I poured into the water pan above the wood chips inside the smoker.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I just ate a rather thick feta sandwich for lunch. Usually people don't use feta to make a cheese sandwich. Fortunately I usually don't care what people usually do. It was delicious!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 31, 2017, 03:32:56 PMBetween sips she means.....

:hypocrite:
Which I suspected....:lol:
And Mel, I don't know. I've not had that problem. My smoker will get up to 350-400 degrees though. I usually smoke chicken at 230ish and have no problem keeping that heat steady..

And in sharing- today was grand. Or at least this evening has been. I went out and FINALLY got to shoot my Kimber that I bought, what almost five months ago. It shoots as well as I had hoped. And, I got to talk with an old friend too, and drove Rusty on dirt roads to the shooting range. Couldn't have scripted my evening better.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Mel, did you say yours was an electric smoker? Sounds like the heating element may be on the fritz.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

I agree with mini's assessment. I wonder how hard it would be to replace in your model...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:hi: Enjoyed dinner with the pastor and his wife last night, and he told me to have something ready for tonight. I couldn't sleep worth a flip all night, and this morning my throat hurts and my voice is gone..from no issues at ten o'clock to tons at 9 am..Bro Wilson will never believe this. :sadbounce: