News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco's Tech Talk

Started by taco_harvell, August 01, 2017, 10:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

I have a computer I rebuilt from four others. It had Windows 7 so I updated it to Windows 10. The problem I have is the key I got for Windows 10 works till I shut the computer down, then when I start it back up it says Windows 10 isn't registered. Any suggestions?
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Totally unhelpful I know- but don't shut it down. LOL.
My ham radio computer must've had a pirated copy of Windows 7 on it at some time. I bought it used- If I shut it down, it tells me my copy might not be genuine and I need to register/upgrade. As it rarely get online or does anything more than a ham radio program it doesn't affect me and I don't worry about it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Taco: no idea about Windows 10, but I have a Windows 7 install image.

Bobby: that isn't the Laptop with the orange colored cover is it?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 01, 2017, 06:00:12 PMTaco: no idea about Windows 10, but I have a Windows 7 install image.

Bobby: that isn't the Laptop with the orange colored cover is it?
Negative. That one crashed a month or so ago and I can't get it to reboot- but I haven't been playing with it much to see why though. Haven't had time.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison