What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

*Lynx hides quickly.

No, I'm not a criminal. But ol' Bobby's eyesight ain't none too good no more. Better safe than caught by mistake. ;)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 15, 2017, 10:10:26 PM*Lynx hides quickly.

No, I'm not a criminal. But ol' Bobby's eyesight ain't none too good no more. Better safe than caught by mistake. ;)
:pound: My eyesight is good enough to see that you Tennessee idjit-buffoon! :pound:
I've indeed been dealing with criminals. And not feeling great. And desperately looking forward to Friday...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I'm mostly packed for ladies conference. I somehow had the day off and after the church service we had last night I needed some rest. We had a guest preacher who we have quite frequently but he has never called me out before. I told my friend I didn't want to go because I just knew he would. Well he did. All things I already knew but was dragging my feet about.

Bro Brown will be at conference this weekend too and I look forward to him being at our anniversary service sunday.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Edging ever closer to the vacation. Lou isn't feeling well tonight and I hope she feels better in a bit. Plan is to pull out tomorrow evening as soon as I get off.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Yeah, in time to hit the rooooaaaaad! Stinks to feel bad on your days off.

I'm reminded of a Calvin and Hobbes cartoon. Calvin is sick during summer vacation and he's mad because he's sick and doesn't even get to miss any school.
"SOMEBODY OWES ME BIG FOR THIS!!!"

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1987/07/28
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Working from home today. :clap:

Maintenance guy is here fixing things: leaky faucet, leaky toilet, blinds broken. I had a list. :roll:

It's dreary outside. WHERE IS THE SUNSHINE.   :shine:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Ahh. Left the house last night around 5...we dropped the dogs off at the vet, and they are gonna dog sit them and spay Daisy while we are gone. Lou called today and they'd already spayed her, which I had not counted on- they were supposed to do it Tuesday and we'd be home. But she's doing fine...
 We went to the Corvette Museum today and enjoyed it, then went and picked up my ham radio things I'd made a deal for. I was amazed. God blessed me with $1500 to $2,000 worth of radio equipment for $100..
 And I am now camped out about 15 minutes from a certain GP'r who never checks in here and intend to stroll into his church tomorrow and surprise him.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

And stroll in we did. However he correctly deduced from my facebook posts and the fact that I had quite sometime back mentioned showing up, and half-way expected me.
 After service, we left out, detouring by a Amish buffet and an Amish settlement. I disagree with their doctrine, but in some ways the simple life appeals to me.

Now, we are currently in Illinois, where I have completely made my daughter mad be refusing to allow her to swim in the pool of the hotel. She thinks I'm mean. I worry about freaks at hotel pools, evening more so than normal because I deal with them daily. I know her and her mama think I'm a mean, grumpy old idiot. They're right- but they don't have to read the crime history and talk to 40+ Sex Offenders on a nearly daily basis, and know what kind of evil is out there, a lot of it seemingly directed right at Chey's age group and sex demographics. I do.

Heather

I'm home from ladies conference. Had a great time however I'm glad to be home. Also, I'm glad that we decided to room with only the 2 of us. I can't deal with some of those ladies for more than a few hours every few days. 48 hours straight could have almost been some of their deaths had I not gotten a break from them in my room.

Church today was awesome and I got to spend the afternoon at a friend's house for food and fellowship. Brandon even got to come after he got off work.

Tomorrow starts 7 days straight at work for me. I guess it's payback for being off 4 days.

Lynx

Bobby I am reminded of when I couldn't pass myself off as somebody else at your church even though I wore normal shoes. Serves you right, him half expecting you. :p
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Well who was this person Roscoe!!! :demand:

Some of us don't follow your trekking on FB...lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Jenn I don't have Facebook but this is from what I could gather so it might be inaccurate: Bobby stopped near Seth's location and showed up at Seth's church, hoping to catch him unaware.  Fortunately Seth... er, UNfortunately Seth has FB and was half expecting Bobby to show up.

If Seth was not the objective, Bobby will correct what I said. But Seth is the only guy I know who fits the parameters of Bobby's previous posts on the forum.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Yes, there's a photo of Bobby & Seth together on GP on FB.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Obviously, you should follow me on fb.. :hypocrite:
Yes, we showed up and tormented Seth. Had a good time, and even lurked around his Amish communities, which actually exist not far from him. All in all we drove over 1300 miles since Friday night. Just got home a few hours ago. I'm fixing to head to bed now.

Heather

I am all for spring and the growing of things, however the trail of drainage from my nose down my throat is not one of the things I am for.....

Day 2 of 7 in a row at work. Also got a call from my boss yesterday concerning the month of April. She is taking off for 3 weeks and I'm going to be left in charge. Maybe I'll have permission to fire people!!!

Nelle

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on March 21, 2017, 07:08:59 AMObviously, you should follow me on fb.. :hypocrite:

Don't have a Facebook. Don't want one anymore.
I've even been weening myself off of the only other social media platform I use: Instagram.

:pound:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on March 21, 2017, 05:07:17 PMWhere in Illinois are you?
We were in Marion, south east part of the state. We just ran through a tiny part of the state...

Lynx

I've never personally met Seth but I hear from a reliable source he's nowhere near as grumpy in person.

Said reliable source has met just about everybody in the lower 48 and half the people in the rest of the world, so I'll take her word for it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on March 22, 2017, 01:51:26 AM
Quote from: Nelle on March 21, 2017, 05:07:17 PMWhere in Illinois are you?
We were in Marion, south east part of the state. We just ran through a tiny part of the state...

Did you take I-57 South out of the state? I live about 30 minutes South from there, and work about 15 minutes South (both off I-57) of there.

LOL. I saw Arkansas plates yesterday when I was driving home from work and thought of you guys. What car were you guys in anyway?