News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Wandered around my city this morning in search of farmers markets with the best friend. Found two. One good, one lame. Came out with an orange the size of a small child, two tomatoes (of which I've already eaten lol), fresh broccoli, leaf lettuce, lemons and shallots.
Thankful for her husband to watch her two girls (ones a month old) so we could have time together.

Spent the rest of the afternoon and now evening inside.
Made quiche for a late lunch.

It's stinking hot outside.
Plus there is a football game and a baseball game happening today. Plus Penatonix is in town for a free concert down the road. Too many people within the vicinity of my apartment.

So a hermit I am.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on August 31, 2013, 09:06:29 PM
Isaac, no I haven't, but that's probably because I only like Earl Grey withOUT oil of bergamot in it. :P There's only one (maybe two??) brands I know of without it. That's one of those things I got from my little Nana. :) She lived in England for years, and somehow started liking only the Earl Grey that didn't have the *whang* from oil of bergamot. I picked it up from her. :)

Mel, Isaac's idea about dinner is totally what I would do. Except if I had veggies around, I'd probably make it more like a fried rice thingy with ground beef and veggies stir fried in.

Mom and Dad Ringo flew back home today. Sad. We had a lovely visit. :)

:beret:
The stir-fry would work too.  But what is Earl Grey without bergamot?  I thought that was the defining characteristic.  Without bergamot it would be... something else. 

And for the record, any kind of tea at Wal-Mart is NOT the real version.  I don't know where they get their tea from, but their earl grey, their chamomile, their darjeeling, all of it is just... just... all wrong!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm glad you had a nice visit, Ruby.
Isaac, no I haven't, but that's probably because I only like Earl Grey withOUT oil of bergamot in it. :P There's only one (maybe two??) brands I know of without it. That's one of those things I got from my little Nana. :) She lived in England for years, and somehow started liking only the Earl Grey that didn't have the *whang* from oil of bergamot. I picked it up from her. :)

Mel, Isaac's idea about dinner is totally what I would do. Except if I had veggies around, I'd probably make it more like a fried rice thingy with ground beef and veggies stir fried in.

Mom and Dad Ringo flew back home today. Sad. We had a lovely visit. :)

Roscoe

Fixing to go to bed. Got my sermon prepared for tomorrow night, gotta work tomorrow. Didn't do anything constructive for the day, it was too hot..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Melody

Isaac, no I haven't, but that's probably because I only like Earl Grey withOUT oil of bergamot in it. :P There's only one (maybe two??) brands I know of without it. That's one of those things I got from my little Nana. :) She lived in England for years, and somehow started liking only the Earl Grey that didn't have the *whang* from oil of bergamot. I picked it up from her. :) :beret:

I thought that is what made it Earl Grey.  Fascinating! I love Earl Grey. I've never had it w/o the bergamot.

MelodyB

I don't even know what y'all are talking about. I dislike Earl Grey. However it was prepared.

I'm late. And I don't feel all that great this morning.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Earl gray is my favorite tea.
I had a friend bring me a bergamot tea too. I really liked it as well.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Home from church. I don't think I've mentioned on here yet that I'm going back to bible college in 2 weeks. I went for a year years upon years ago but was unable to finish my degree. I'm pretty pumped about it. It definitely in a God thing.

It's a rough day at the Henson household. It would have been Brandon's sisters 25 birthday. When I left for church this morning Mike was flung across her headstone [she's burried on the property]. I can't possibly know what they are experiencing or how they feel so I try to steer clear but I feel like that's being rude too. Got home and he is gone to Teresa's. I don't know if Brandon is coming home or going there after work.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Newsman

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

So yeah. We had a good service and a good day today.

Tomorrow Im going to the Exploreum Museum in Mobile. I am excited! I love that place! They have under the sea/reef stuff playing at the Imax and I love that kind of thing! http://www.exploreum.com/  Thats the website...did I mention I was EXCITED!?!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

http://www.gocomics.com/jumpstart/2013/09/02

That last line seems to say a lot if you're a christian.  Two weeks before you got the Holy Ghost, did you ever imagine you would be where and what you are today?
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

MsJennJenn

Having some Twinings English breakfast.
Went English and tried it with milk today. I like!

-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

It was so good I had a second cup.
Now I have applesauce muffins in the oven.  :fork:

And am making an omelette of peppers, onions, potatoes and cheese.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

It's my normal day off but at least I'm getting paid for it this time.

Already been to the gym and I admit Dunkin Donuts. Now to start the massive cleaning of the house that way it's not a complete disaster when we get back from vacation. 5 days til we leave!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Bah. I'm at work. So NOT what I wanted to do today. Oh well...at least it ain't hard work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 01, 2013, 05:24:11 PM
Quote for the day:  "Tea is the thinking man's coffee."  :D

Haha! I've got to remember to tell an older man at church this quote. He's a tough ol' logger/mountain man type - nothing sissified about him - but he prefers tea over coffee any day. And always laughs about what a "wimp" he must be. He'll like this quote. :D

Jenn - Cute teacup!

Heather! Such exciting news about Bible school. I'm really happy for you. :D If you feel like sharing how it's a total God-thing, I'd love to hear your story. :)

Sir John - You've lost her AGAIN?!? :P

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

Morning everyone!

Been a good weekend so far.  Hope you guys are having a good one too.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller