All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: I am back at work. Gotta teach a boring "Racial Profiling/ Bias Based Policing" class. I swear this is a boring class that must be taught every year, regardless of the fact that you can't teach common sense. I could sum it up in a few sentences-" Treating someone differently because they are a diffferent color is wrong. And it's illegal. Do it, and you will be 1) At the federal Courthouse as a defendant. 2) Possibly have the snot beat out of you, deservedly.Use the Golden rule, treat others as you want to be treated. " Class over. But no- law says I've gotta teach a multi hour class on the matter.....
On the bright side, thanks to classes like this, I conquered my fear of public speaking, which has served me well in the pulpit. God knew what He was doing I guess.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

Hmm .... interesting. Oh, Mini, I may need to talk with you about a project...

Quote from: Roscoe on August 25, 2013, 12:16:57 PM
Woke up screaming at 10:30, dreaming I had a snake crawling up my leg, which is a garunteed way to make me move, as I am deathly scared of them...

mini

Quote from: Newsman on August 27, 2013, 01:10:00 PM
Hmm .... interesting. Oh, Mini, I may need to talk with you about a project...

Quote from: Roscoe on August 25, 2013, 12:16:57 PM
Woke up screaming at 10:30, dreaming I had a snake crawling up my leg, which is a garunteed way to make me move, as I am deathly scared of them...

I straight missed that one...MUHAHAHAHAHA...

In other news I'm trying to quit sodas.  Im on day 3.  Im feeling the urge for a soda today.  My body is CRAVING sugar.  LOL

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Morning. :hi:
School started around here yesterday and I was dreading the traffic but it hasn't been that bad.  I'm thankful.

Melody

Mini, have you tried sparkling waters?  I hear the fizz makes the difference for trying to quit. 

Even most sweet tea has less sugar than pop. I drink too much tea. Lol

mini

Im craving tea right now.  I will probably go get a Gatorade at lunch.  It helps.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Man, the tea at McDonald's sure doesn't have less sugar.  They put a whole 4 pound bag per tea urn.  I had to get half sweet, half unsweet just to be able to drink it. 

In local news:  I'm awake, but not happy about it.  Had some really weird dreams.  I blame the pizza I ate last night.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I have discovered the best way to eat leftover pizza.  Scrape the cheese and toppings off into a pan, add eggs, cook and voila! Pizza quiche.  Very tasty, especially if you start with a slice of a supreme pizza, extra cheese.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Lynx

I ate the crust, warmed, with butter, while I was waiting for the eggs/cheese/toppings to cook.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

There is some debate on how much sugar it takes to make sweet tea but we have weaned ourselves down to 3/4 cup per gallon and we love it and can still taste the sweetness!  I use sucanat sugar which tastes like brown sugar, that may make it taste richer and not need as much sugar.

I tell myself that that means I can drink that much more. Lol

We drink Newmans Tea and it is smooth and divine!

MelodyB

Lipton is the way to go. For iced tea. (Disclaimer added for Ruby, I know she would argue...)

Melody

I used to only get Lipton. Then I tried Newmans and realized that I was missing out.

:P

I should send u a box, Mel.

mini

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on August 27, 2013, 09:23:37 PM
Luzianne Tea is the way to go.  :ugly:
Communist. :pound: Lipton's is the ONLY way for iced tea. And it should be made with two cups of sugar per gallon. If you can't use it for syrup in a pinch, it ain't right. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on August 27, 2013, 10:41:59 PM
Communist. :pound: Lipton's is the ONLY way for iced tea. And it should be made with two cups of sugar per gallon. If you can't use it for syrup in a pinch, it ain't right. :hypocrite:
oh my, that's a lot of sugar...

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 28, 2013, 12:33:13 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on August 27, 2013, 10:41:59 PM
oh my, that's a lot of sugar...
That's the way my mama made it, and her mama, and so on and so forth. I wouldn't know how to drink it with less. :laughhard:
Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 27, 2013, 10:47:29 PM
What? No mention of Earl Grey? Darjeeling? Oolong?
:roll: Frou-frou teas.. That's the type tea ya expect to have crumpets with, and hold ya pinkie out while ya sip it.  :frustrated:
We is discussing Good,Sweet, Southern, Iced tea. Now, having had a slight conversion last winter, I will admit there is a place for those "special" teas, served hot with cream on a cold winter day...but that place ain't in the proper Southern fridge for sippin' on the porch. :hypocrite:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Topic change!

Does anyone else enjoy hamburger dill chips dipped in ketchup?

mini