News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

On a totally unrelated note - I have determined that Sis. Lou has gone to every Newsong concert ever.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I went to one back in like 1999 or 2000, I dont remember what year it was. Clay Crosse was also performing with them.

Ok, so I was SIIIIIICK when I posted my last message at 2am. I cant even describe what happened to me cause it would make the rest of you gag. I just say that I was actually sleeping good, no bad dreams or anything and I started coughing, woke myself up, and after it was over, had to wash clothes and take out my garbage. Thats all Ill say. and it was the WORST i have ever done being THAT kind of sick.

Anyway. So I went to chorale practice this morning, I was weak, but made it, and my throat was raw. I was literally unable to hit some to the notes. But I was gonna try anyway. After Sunday school, I was checking on the Tator tot casserole I had in the ovens and I had a wave of severe nausea so I didnt sing after all for the service. By the time service was over though, I felt better cause three people, including my brother, came over and prayed for me. So I was able to eat lunch and lay down after we said goodbye to Chad and family.

I just woke up, and Im doing pretty good.

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Roscoe

Just got in from church.... biker guy that I mentioned from last Sunday and his wife showed up again. He made my day after church when he approached me and informed me that I had cost him $10 this week.  :o  When I asked how, he explained.

As I said last Sunday, I'd felt moved to speak on restoration, and mentioned my car hobby for example. He told me that Tuesday, he and his wife were in Walmart buying work pants, and he was in a rotten mood. He said he rounded the corner to find a shirt with a picture of an old car on it, and the phrase," I'm being restored by the Master Mechanic" on it, along with bible verses.
He said he instantly thought about the message Sunday night, and how he'd felt God "like I haven't felt Him since I was a teen". He bought the shirt...he wasn't able to make it Wednesday night, but was back tonight and said they'd see us Wednesday night.  :clap:

Wow. Someone actually heard something I said, remembered it, and it worked on them. Thank God! That does WONDERS for my self esteem as a preacher. To God be the glory!!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 26, 2013, 02:10:44 AM
And you thought it was a colossal flop.  :P
I'm beginning to learn to trust God when it comes to my preaching. One of my biggest personal stumbling blocks has been my feeling inadequate as a preacher...but I KNOW God called me, I KNOW when He gives me a message, and I'm learning that reqardless of how bad I might fumble something, God can use it....While I don't think I will ever feel worthy or a good speaker- in fact, I don't want too, because that would lead to a prideful all-about-me attitude- I'm seeing that God can use this donkey named Roscoe that He called.. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

That's awesome Roscoe. I hope to hear ya preach some day.

It's been awhile I think since I've shared about my dad.  He had a hard life but has always taken care of himself. Now he's edging closer to 60 and he's not so self sufficient.  He has a herniated disc and that messes up a sciatic nerve. Having been a welder forever, this has caused his world to crumble.  He is struggling with depression.  We've had conversations and I've tried to mention God occasionally because he hasn't been open to it.  I've referenced good life truths that are actually from God but it seems to slip over his head. 

However, recently he has become slightly more receptive.  He has told me a number of times he is just tired of life and ready to cash his chips in, call it day, be done with it all, not go on... etc. He has said the only thing he has is me/my family and it's the only thing worth living for.  Now my dad is a tough old bird and negativism isn't in his make-up, to a deep fault because he can be so easy going that he doesn't deal with things.  So this is for real. 

Last week I got and sent him a Bible, with his name engraved. I felt like, though I've prayed everything I can think of, he needed something in his hands for the deafening silence times.  It was his first Bible. He called Saturday and seems receptive!  I wish I knew how to record voicemails for sharing on my phone.  I'd share his vm with you guys.  He gets choked up, not being sure where to start but willing to try.  I told him to start on page one.  :)  He said he thinks he's avoided it all his life but he's tried everything else to no avail.

There have been glimmers of hope before and then it all falls quiet so I'm having faith and patience.  God knows.  I dream of him getting the HG and living the rest of his days in an overcoming life, never feeling like an orphan again.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

MellowYellow: Tell him the part about the joy of the Lord being your strength.  :)

Howdy y'all.  Had some weird dreams last night, but no nightmares... just weird dreams.  Honestly, I have no idea where my subconscious gets some of this stuff.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

OH! I had a weird dream too. About work - my bosses. Unsettling.

Had Cracker Barrel last night with the girls.
So of course I bought candy. Sugar babies. Rotten for my teeth, but so yummy.  :hypocrite:

Ohhhhhh Settttherrrrsss....  :freaky2: :pwink: :love2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 26, 2013, 03:29:44 PM
MellowYellow: Tell him the part about the joy of the Lord being your strength.  :)

Howdy y'all.  Had some weird dreams last night, but no nightmares... just weird dreams.  Honestly, I have no idea where my subconscious gets some of this stuff.

You have to realize he doesn't know what the joy of The Lord is or if God is real. All church speak is foreign to him. He has to experience joy for once in his life, first.  Baby steps. He was an orphan from toddlerhood. Bounced around abused in foster homes, adopted by a elderly couple for a very short time when one of them passed away and the other one couldn't parent alone. He lied about his age, enlisted in the military, went to Vietnam. Came back rejected by culture. He's worked and taken care of himself in his eyes all his life. He met my mom who backslid, actually I'm not sure she was ever really living for God, and she had an affair, divorced him and remarried back to back. He's a total loner. He told me if he gets disabled he is not going into a nursing home, he'll go in the woods and die to be eaten by a bear or something. He was half serious. Lol.

Him and I aren't even close, just the closest person right now or maybe ever?  25yrs of my life I have not been around him.

MelodyB

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 26, 2013, 03:35:04 PM

So of course I bought candy. Sugar babies. Rotten for my teeth, but so yummy.  :hypocrite:

I have warned you.... :smirk2:

Lynx

What?  Warned her against sugar babies?  Those things are good! :)

Yes, I knew what you really meant.  That was fun to say though.
And look on the bright side - at least she didn't use a  :marry:
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on August 26, 2013, 04:47:05 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 26, 2013, 03:35:04 PM

I have warned you.... :smirk2:

:up2:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Girls you are both pretty!  :cool:

So the blessings just keep pouring out!! Between getting my paycheck and my payment for housesitting I'm paying all but 2 of my bills for the month of September already. I was kinda stressing about vacation the 2nd week of September. And lo and behold the lady whom I housesit for text me today asking if I could housesit for her again starting September the 5th. I'll have to go to the beach on Sunday instead of Saturday, but I'm totally ok with it. Also that makes Brandon available to go to a family reunion with his mom that Saturday. I wish I would have grabbed ahold of this tithing principle earlier in life......but I'm very thankful I have now!!

And it's so weird to not be at work on Monday, but I think I'm ok with it  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

I came home Saturday with half of the total leftover brisket. Today its in the crock-pot with beef stew seasoning packets, carrots, potatoes, celery, and onions and its already got this house smelling heavenly! 

MelodyB

I am THISCLOSE to taking my cousin up on her offer.

Christmas cant come soon enough this year.

:frustrated:

The Purple Fuzzy