News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Eat more chocolate.  Sadness/crankiness are just words that mean "not enough caffeine." :hyper:

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2006-10-18/

Yeah, what he said.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

WHEW!! Done! Done! AND DONE!

I did all I said I would, and just got out of the shower. Now all thats left is finish getting ready and tote all this stuff, (brisket, Cake and tater salad) over to the Ramseys house and wait for my Brother to arrive.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 24, 2013, 05:43:42 PM
Went to a few garage sales. Got some stuff for the grand kids.

That's what the sis and I did.
I got a purple quilt, a vanity mirror tray for my dresser, a purple fancy jar and these fancy glass cups for Shirley temples.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

What is a shirley temple, and why does it require a fancy cup?  Is it a parfait? 

All I know of Shirley Temple is an overhyped, really cheesy kid actress.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Home from lunch [with a bit of shopping in there also]. I need a nap.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Lunch was a success! Everything was yummy!

Now Chad is in the prayer room and we have the kiddos in the apartment with us. 

Roscoe

Haven't felt the best today. Took Chey for a ride in Rusty, then came home and camped out in the recliner for the rest of the day. Turned the radio on and talked to a guy in Hawaii for a bit, listened to a few more foreign stations, and just resting..may try to make a few more contacts....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Shirley temple is a drink. Two parts ginger ale (or sprite) and a splash of grenadine. Topped with a maraschino cherry.

She was also a child actress. Loved all of her films. The drink is named for her.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Kim

Quote from: Roscoe on August 24, 2013, 11:37:04 PM
Haven't felt the best today. Took Chey for a ride in Rusty, then came home and camped out in the recliner for the rest of the day. Turned the radio on and talked to a guy in Hawaii for a bit, listened to a few more foreign stations, and just resting..may try to make a few more contacts....
Sorry your not feeling well honey.  I'll say a little prayer for you! 

Lynx

I hate nature!  Everything is always biting, stinging, buzzing, slithering or growing far too long.

*grump*

Actually that's not quite fair... I hate the mower more than nature.  Big, loud, smelly thing that throws grass 7 feet... When I get a house it will have a yard small enough to be tended with one of those push-mowers that doesn't require gas, oil, spark plugs, etc.

That's my complaining for the day.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

there are a bunch of drunk recheck NASCAR fans in my town. the big race is tonight though so they should all be headed home tomorrow.

Lynx

HeatherB if any of them start tailing you and you want to lose them, just take a right turn.  It'll shake 'em every time.  ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Kim on August 25, 2013, 12:31:24 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on August 24, 2013, 11:37:04 PM
Sorry your not feeling well honey.  I'll say a little prayer for you!
:o :o She DOES still check in!  :hyper:
We actually came by your house today, but didn't see your car so we didn't stop. We went to Center Ridge to check on Daddy's grave= Chey insisted that she had to leave him a crystal she'd found. So if you see a tiny chunk of what could be glass over the "Daddy" on his gravestone, don't brush it off. :P
That may be what has me feeling crummy. Missing Daddy puts me in a melancholy mood, and I guess mental things can affect physical things,some....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Isaac I had to bless you for that.

I'm now staying up way later than I should to watch The Help. I blame Mel.

MelodyB

Yep, it was my fault!

Sooo...My brother took me to dinner, and my parents dont know...we told them we were going for a "ride" and sneeked off. He said he cant afford to pay for all three of us, so he treated me instead. Thats the third night in a row Ive went out for dinner and didnt have to pay! God is good!

Then I came home and made three steam table pans full of tator tot casserole for tomorrows church lunch.

Whew. Im spent. Its been a LONG and tiresome day. I have accomplished a LOT today.

Im glad I chose to be happy today, despite the way it started. lol

MelodyB

Chseeads

MelodyB

Roscoe

Bah. I am back at work. Last night was weird. Went to bed around 10 or so, Woke up screaming at 10:30, dreaming I had a snake crawling up my leg, which is a garunteed way to make me move, as I am deathly scared of them...Dozed back off and was awakened at 11:30 with the urgent need to pray for a friend, who probably was sleeping soundly. Net sleep- near zero. Bah.

Heather

roscoe I feel ya. first dream I had last night someone threw a snake at me. I scared my minions half to death when I woke up hollerin.

Lynx

You have minions?  No fair!  How do I get some minions?  Closest I have are a dog and a cat, and the dog is too lazy to do what I tell her, and the cat is too dignified (read: stubborn) to do what I tell her.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

2 of the 3 Shih Tzus I am watching follow me everywhere and sleep beside the bed. I've taken to calling them my minions.

I have a wedding related problem. A month ago I went ahead and asked my Maid of Honor and my bridesmaids if they would be in my wedding. Everyone excitedly accepted. My bridesmaids are all on board and excited asking how they can help and what needs to be done. On the other hand my MOH barely speaks to me now and does not return my phone calls and/or txt. Would it be not too horrible to asks her is she's so busy if she'd mind being just a bridesmaid?

Lynx

The dogs are smart.  They keep an eye on you just in case you are about to go to the kitchen.  Can't help on the MOH thing.
"Do you sing at church?"