News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

*GASP* Chel and Burrito are Taking the Dive in Sharing 485!

Started by mini, July 17, 2013, 05:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

one of my sisters just called, which usually turns into hiding how depressing it is.

My cyber-stalker started 4 internet chats with m in seven hours yesterday, which sort of feels like 4 too many.

mini

Anyone at NAYC?  13 hours on the road and we finally made it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Andrew will be there with his youth group tomorrow around 2.

Lynx

Newsman:  Popularity is SUCH a burden, ain't it. 

mini:  I couldn't go for financial reasons.  To wit: The traveling I did do, my wallet is still recovering from.  I hope to be able to go to general conference though.

In local sharing, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night.  Usually I can just eat more chocolate, but even with the chocolate I ate tonight at work I was about ready to pass out.  I think the heat and the lack of sleep combined finally got to me.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Tired. Drove to Nacogdoches tonight after work for a shower for Chel.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Roscoe

I slept in, then have been tinkering with my ham radio, putting up a new antenna. Too hot for that mess. :o
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I slept in too. Now just waiting till time to finish dinner, eat, and then go babysit my Kira while her Mommy takes Olivia to the library before prayer.

SippinTea

I'm SO far behind in sharing. Thought it was gonna take me a year and a day to catch up. :o

Heather - *HUG* I'm so sorry.

Sandra - Invite her to the wedding. And make sure she is assigned a seat next to Sir John. :hypocrite:

Oh, and it's case-uh-dee-uh. ;) Just like tortilla is tor-tee-uh.  :cool:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Newsman

:hypocrite:

Quote from: SippinTea on August 07, 2013, 09:29:46 PM

Sandra - Invite her to the wedding. And make sure she is assigned a seat next to Sir John. :hypocrite:

:beret:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Home in bed after having a bad reaction to the contrast given with the MRI. I feel like my blood is boiling. It's not a fun feeling.

Was thinking about the NAYC thing and I guess I know why it didn't work out for me to go.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

That makes total sense.  No doubt your group would be super worried about you right now instead of being out and about.  I'm sorry you feel so terrible.  :headrub:  Praying for good results and solutions.

Yesterday was exhausting.  Up before 5am making breakfast and helping Andrew get on his way.  I cleaned the kitchen, did the dishes, washed down the bathroom.... and then hit a wall of tiredness so I went back to bed... lol  The perk of being a homemaker.

Melody

-Something that bothers me or maybe overwhelms me often:  is how slow it seems we grow. Well, I say we, but I really mean me.  I could see doing so much more... but I don't.  I know what and how to do yet something else that would elevate my spiritual walk or improve myself... but I don't.  And while it makes me very frustrated with myself, I still don't do it.  We have this ONE life to become who we will be for eternity.  There's no more repentance or growth after this life.  Who we are is who we are when we die. The relationship I establish here on earth is how I will know Him for eternity. Physical stuff and situations here on earth don't really hinder me from drawing closer.  In every instance, I either draw close to Him or not, I either handle it my way or seek His. If all that circumstance suddenly vanished away, what would still stand is whatever my relationship is with Jesus.  Some days I feel like I'm wasting so much of His mercy and blessings, that it's beyond me, why He continues to have abundantly more.  And I don't mean sin per-say, just lack.

How deep His love is for us!  That He would continue to call us closer, even in our spiritual laziness, for our entire life, without impatience.  Even if we reject 99% of what he has for us because it would take more work we aren't willing to do, He doesn't withhold the 1% but eagerly gives.  I don't mean to sound backslidden either, but that the vastness God offers is overwhelming compared to the piddly amount I put forth an effort to receive.  Everyday, all day, God is speaking/calling/showing us towards more.  I feel accomplished if I answer with what feels like a good prayer/devotional time.  Yet there is the REST of the day, EVERY day! 

Ok... I'll stop.  Am I the only one that ever feels that way?  I don't care that life can be busy.  I take time for what I want.  I'm taking time right now for GP!  lol

The Purple Fuzzy

I have the groom's cake in the oven. I decided to tackle the easier one first.

MY, I'm thankful that His mercies are new every morning.

Roscoe

I'm being lazy today. This nightfire thing has jacked with my sleep schedule...I didn't get to bed until 3 am this morning. Tonight will conclude that, I'll get up early tomorrow and take Lou to work... Then I will spend the day getting the car ready, bills paid, ect for our journey to a foreign land. As soon as Lou gets off at 2 :30, we will be southbound and down....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

What's going on this weekend, besides weeping and wailing in Indiana?

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on August 08, 2013, 07:10:53 PM
What's going on this weekend, besides weeping and wailing in Indiana?
Let's see....Seth has indigestion over Chel's choice of Mexican food, Miniskirt and Chellebelle are in the land of banjos for youth conference, Meller's getting things ready for next year's crop of herbs, Lou and I are making a sojourn to a foreign land, sans ham radio, :cry2: , Isaac is working, RainbowJingles and HER mexican food I believe are having her grandmother's memorial service- all lightheartedness aside, they WILL be in my prayers-Jenn, Mel, and the rest I have no clue.....
Lands. I have a majillion things to do tomorrow too.

Lynx

Actually, speaking of work, I'm getting overtime this week. I might just make it to General Conference after all this year.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Tired. We got all the cakes cooked and the icing on the German chocolate one. Glad for Dina's help.

Roscoe

Ahh...packing up everything in preparation for our jaunt to Texas as soon as Lou gets off of work. I believe it will be the first trip away without taking Chey since she was two. I thought it was the first ever, but we did have a one nighter in Eureka Springs when she was two and we'd went to a car show...

The Purple Fuzzy