News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

*GASP* Chel and Burrito are Taking the Dive in Sharing 485!

Started by mini, July 17, 2013, 05:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Psalm_97 on July 30, 2013, 03:54:24 PM
Backseat Radio:  Maybe some of them will follow you.  :D  But I'm glad you're back.

Bobby:  One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen is a guy buying one of those really expensive zero-turn-radius riding mowers to mow his yard... that takes a whole 15 seconds to walk across.  The guy lives in the city and a push mower would almost be overkill for his little yard.

The influence of a couple of apostolics at work convinced me to visit an apostolic church again. Then their pastor got me straightened out on the Trinity doctrine.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I ate some cake sunday at the church dinner that I have been craving ever since. This is the recipe...I think.

Either way, its in the oven now and I cant wait to try it!

http://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cakes/mildred5/duncan-hines-coconut-pecan-frosting-cake

You Put the frosting in with the mix and bake it all in a bundt pan. It comes out really dense like a pound cake. YUM! :fork:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

I posted this here just for Isaac's benefit. I know he doesn't FB. LOL

Roscoe

Good pic. It hides his bald spot. :P

On a related note, I got a hair cut today. Chey came in, noticed it, and began running her fingers through what is left of my hair. She suddenly stopped, looked really serious at me and informed me "You have a bald spot". Like I didn't know....When I explained that I was getting old, she got quiet and suddenly blurted out " You aren't gonna DIE are you?"  :laughhard:
Lands. No, not anytime soon, I hope. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Backseat Radio

Roscoe

Rainy morning. And I have the honor of preaching tonight. And I wanna go home. That is all.  :hi:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Youth service tonight.  I have the honor of creating chaos, with the pastors approval.  Lets just say this lesson WILL be outside, will be about baptism, and EVERYONE will get wet.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on July 31, 2013, 12:16:04 PM
Youth service tonight.  I have the honor of creating chaos, with the pastors approval.  Lets just say this lesson WILL be outside, will be about baptism, and EVERYONE will get wet.
That shouldn't be hard, if your weather is like ours, considering it's raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock here...

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Oooooh  I wanna hear how the preaching and baptism lesson went!

Had to use up the last of the bread, so it was French toast this morning.  Bread is so cheap,  I wish produce was that inexpensive. 

Andrew looks absolutely adorable in his ROTC uniform. 

I'm making some bread, bagels, and cookies today. Or at least I'm aiming for that. Lol

MsJennJenn

I think produce is cheaper than bread. I eat the low calorie bread. For a reason, and it's like almost $4 a loaf.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

FOUR BUCKS?!!

I ran the numbers recently, factoring in ingredients, electricity for baking and electricity for heating up the room I put the dough in for rising, and a loaf of bread costs me 63 cents to make.  It has to cost big factories less, because it takes much less time for their bread to rise and because they have a much larger production scale.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

I just try to eat healthier. And bread is already bad for me! So I buy the 45-calorie loaf.

Sara Lee's loaf is about 3.29 (sometimes 2.29)
Pepperidge Farm loaf is like 4.59
Nature's Own is about 2.99
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

I lost all respect for Pepperidge Farm when they started making their cookies with oil instead of butter.  It does taste different.  Bleh.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

I try and make our own bread.  I don't care about calories, I care about wholesomeness. There is a brand at Walmart I got last time that was a decent list and it was between $3-4.  I'll have to see what brand it was. 

I don't have the energy right now to calculate how much homemade is. I buy non-gmo flour though, use good oil or butter, good liquids, sea salt, sucanat sugar... Yada yada yada.  Lol

I don't know with using quality ingredients if its any cheaper but at least I know it's cleaner and healthier.

Same with produce. Gmo pesticide ridden produce IS cheap but the sickness and diseases aren't. 

Real, clean food is expensive.  So we do what we can and trust God for the rest.  At least I know I'm trying to be somewhat stewardly though.

In all the financial challenges we've had over the years, the fact that we haven't been hardly sick, let alone sick enough to go to the Dr. has been a huge blessing. The way medical expenses are, I do know eating healthier is cheaper than getting sick.

I know I'm generally in the minority about it all but the proof is in the pudding.

Either way, it's GOD that's been faithful and our provision. I'm still rich in the fact that I can travel a short distance to a place that has food and water. Good choices for the most part. Really, we have it made, even in a tight budget.

Bread is still cheaper than meat and the reason bread is such an ancient food is because real whole flour has protein in it, making it ok to not have meat every meal/dinner.

Melody

It does help me not get too fat, I think, maybe... Lol. Sucanat sugar is $5-8 for 2lbs. So our sugar intake is looooooow.  Lol. Salt is cheap, even for sea salt so I'm not so tight with that.

Don't misunderstand me, were not health nuts. We went out after church last night and I had a rootbeer float!  And we still end up getting pizza occasionally and other things. There was a social after church last night and my family all ate cake. I didn't make it in time to get any but I would've eaten it if I had! 

MsJennJenn

I think God honors any progress you make towards eating healthy. And I also think every one's progress and steps towards progress varies.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

RainbowJingles

Hurting.  *sigh*  My back is aching to the point that I'm stifling screams very often.  It's nearly as bad as it was a few years ago when I was in Cali.  Prayers appreciated.

SippinTea

:-( I'm so sorry, 'Lona. I'll be praying. My back is hurting today too, but not THAT bad. I've been there though, and it's SO hard to deal with. *HUG*

My three men are all headed for the men's campout tomorrow. Think I'll spend some time with my mom and sis and get some girlie time in. :)

Mel - Good. I'm glad it got cancelled. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Yep. You knew my feelings on it. Im glad it was too. I will miss seeing everyone, all my long lost friends I havent seen in years...and the possibility of meeting GPers and new friends, but like I said, a HUGE weight was lifted off me when I was told the final decision made by Pastor.

I know it was God giving Krissy and I (and others) those feelings.

I had a very real dream. Two actually. The first one, I was listening to Toby Mac, and suddenly he was here with me. Well, we were in another place but he was with me. The song we were listening to was mostly music with few words, just some rock style awesome guitar solos. I was enjoying it, and he asked me to help him with designing a game that goes to the song. It also needed more words, to that tune, and the subject had to be the birth of Jesus. So a rock style guitar based Christmas song. Yeah. Right. I was at a loss, and he was on a deadline. The dream ended with me calling a friend of mine who has written a few songs and asking her opinion and help...I woke myself up cause I was literally explaining the situation to her on the  phone in my dream, and I was talking in my sleep IRL.

Alas, I was not talking to her on the phone and when I awoke, Toby Mac was nowhere to be found.

So I go back to sleep, and this time Im in the truck with dad. Im picking him up from somewhere and it started thundering and lightning and just pouring down rain. Im trying to get the door of the truck closed and just waterfalls of water are just soaking me and the inside of the truck. Dad somehow got in, and there was a loud thunderclap and lightning streak and then a shaking that was like an earthquake. I felt water gushing from the roof and I realized that we had been struck by lightning and there was a hole in the roof of the truck. water was pouring in, and I shoved the truck into drive and we got out of there. I was covering the hole with my hand as best I could but still getting soaked, all the while dad was yelling at me to just flap over the foam ceiling covering and screw it back in. I kept yelling back and showing him that a mere screw was not going to fix this problem. He was getting madder and so was I. We finally got to another place, and it was still storming but I managed to park under a place where the rain wouldnt get to us. And I realized I forgot his power chair at the first place.

I heard another huge thunderclap and I woke up. I was expecting to be drenching wet, but I was dry. And I literally got up, went into the living room and looked out the windows to see the storm. Its all perfectly dry and clear outside. But I HEARD that storm. I could feel it SO REAL. But it didnt exist except in my dream.

Now I have been awake from that over two hours and cant go back to sleep. I still feel like its storming outside. I cant shake the feeling.

And my alarm just went off...LOL its time to get up and dressed to take dad to dialysis. Nice.

No more meatball sandwiches before bed. Apparently that was a mistake.

MelodyB

Another note before I run off to the shower...

I am sitting here crying and have been since I woke up from the second dream. For like two hours. Not for any reason. Im not upset or sad or even so happy as to cry, but my eyes have been pouring tears and my nose is all sniffly. I cant stop! I dont have a clue why this is happening except it may be allergies. Other than that I am fine.

Shower time.

That is all.

Roscoe