News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

*GASP* Chel and Burrito are Taking the Dive in Sharing 485!

Started by mini, July 17, 2013, 05:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

flush it out.......begrudge

oh Monday.......at least it's payday.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

A baked potato can be a beautiful thing!   It's what's for lunch.

I gotta clean the church today, Andrew has ROTC orientation tomorrow and school registration on Wednesday.  School starts in 2 wks! 

Trying to figure out if sparkling water is actually good.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 29, 2013, 05:52:52 PM

Trying to figure out if sparkling water is actually good.

So far the only sparkling water I like is San Pellegrino - Orange!
They have a blood orange, a lime and a lemon, but I've been too scared to try them. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

San Pellegrino is good. Orange is the best. Blood orange is too sweet, not enough flavor, and the lemon and lime taste too much like preservatives. Every time the local salvage grocery has orange, I get all they have.

Why the salvage grocery? Because that's the only place I can ever find it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

I can find it almost every grocery here. They're just like $6 for a package of 6 lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Ive never seen that brand.

And its official....we are NOT going to NAYC. Its a long story, but one that I hope is for the best. I had a weird feeling about it from the start. My feelings were confirmed by our Youth Pastors wife, and now my Pastor has stepped in and given his feelings on the matter and put the breaks on the whole trip. So its officially not going to happen and I feel somewhat relieved.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Backseat Radio

I'm home for the night.  Was able to get my killer shift for next week's schedule fixed so I'm not hanging around the store that day from 9 am to 11 pm.

Roscoe

Quote from: Backseat Radio on July 30, 2013, 12:38:35 AM
I'm home for the night.  Was able to get my killer shift for next week's schedule fixed so I'm not hanging around the store that day from 9 am to 11 pm.
I'm surprised they would consider a shift like that in the first place. Lou's been head CSM for our local Walmart for several years, and her store manager would have a heart attack at the prospect of paying 5+ hours of overtime...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

We don't get overtime until the week as a whole has gone over 40 hours so that shift wouldn't have created overtime.

Melody

Mel, I don't know the circumstances of the decision but I felt that way about the OK meetup.  As much as I wanted to go, and I really really did, it just wouldn't work.  Thank goodness there are leaders to just say, "no." 

I'll never know why, probably.

The Purple Fuzzy

I felt that way too, MY. Something just didn't feel right.

Roscoe

Well, Duh...it was in OKLAHOMA. Ain't nothing right in that demon possessed land.  :P 'specialy the people....Miniskirt, Okie, ect.... :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

found out tonight that my church has canceled Wednesday night Bible study for this week cause both of the elders are out of town.  Makes for a good excuse to go to the Apostolic church instead.

Lynx

I found out later that there wasn't something right about it. Ain't sayin what. Still was a let down though.

funny, news man and I were talking about it just today.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Yall talking about the second trip? Not the Stargazer one? The one we tried to get together and failed?

Yeah, I had a weird feeling about that one too. I wanted to go but never felt right about it.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi: Morning, All! It's raining- again. I'm not complaining, Arkansas is usually bone dry this time of year. My grass will kick into overdrive....more mower time. And it's always a good day when I get to play with motorized equipment with sharp blades....I just wish I had the mower described here on one of the newsfeeds:

Honda, in conjunction with Top Gear magazine and racing outfit Team Dynamics, has built a high performance ride-on lawn mower capable of reaching speeds up to 130 mph.

And, yes, it can still cut the grass.

The so-called Mean Mower started out as a production Honda HF2620 Lawn Tractor before the team replaced its stock 20 hp motor with the 109 hp 1,000 cc V-twin from a Honda VTR1000 Firestorm sport bike along with its six-speed transmission and reengineered the suspension to handle a set of ATV wheels and tires.

A Scorpion exhaust system pumps up the volume to an ear-shattering 130 decibels, compared to about 106 db for a typical mower, while a Cobra racing seat was fitted to keep up with the bump in performance, now good enough to accelerate the grass assassin to 60 mph in four seconds.
It's a joint project of Honda, Top Gear, and a British racing team.

I can't figure out the link to the video- google it. It is sweet!

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

I'm awake but feeling real groggy.  forgot to take my allergy medication last night.

Backseat Radio

On a more serious note... I had to make a very tough decision last night.  Made the choice to remove myself from the Church of Christ group I've been part of and administrator in for years.  I'll miss being part of that group as they've become very close friends to me.  Couldn't ignore anymore that God has been dealing with me about getting out of groups that teach the Trinity and coming back to belief in one God.

Lynx

Backseat Radio:  Maybe some of them will follow you.  :D  But I'm glad you're back.

Bobby:  One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen is a guy buying one of those really expensive zero-turn-radius riding mowers to mow his yard... that takes a whole 15 seconds to walk across.  The guy lives in the city and a push mower would almost be overkill for his little yard.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on July 30, 2013, 03:54:24 PM
Backseat Radio:  Maybe some of them will follow you.  :D  But I'm glad you're back.

Bobby:  One of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen is a guy buying one of those really expensive zero-turn-radius riding mowers to mow his yard... that takes a whole 15 seconds to walk across.  The guy lives in the city and a push mower would almost be overkill for his little yard.
It is NEVER overkill to buy more horsepower.  :P

Lynx

Thank you Tim Taylor.

"What's wrong with the blender?  It's the only blender on the block that can puree a brick..."
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on July 30, 2013, 07:06:44 PM
Thank you Tim Taylor.

"What's wrong with the blender?  It's the only blender on the block that can puree a brick..."
I still believe it is practical to power a weedeater with a 350....if I could just figure out the whole carry issue.

Lynx

Ah, is THAT why your dog looked like that...  Weedeater got away from you.
"Do you sing at church?"