News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

This Post Is Not About You.

Started by mini, August 16, 2013, 02:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Nope, its not about you at all.  Just saying...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"You're so vain
You probably think this post is about you..."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:pound: I have no doubt that 1) You are lying and 2) it is in fact about me. Obviously. It's ALWAYS about me.
And coming from you, it is probably derogatory. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

Post not about you,
It is not about you, too?
No, not about You

sunlight

It's not about you, it's about what you do... Or don't do.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

"Post not about you..."  Hmm... Okay!  I'll post about someone else. :D

You may recall something I posted about my pastor, titled "This friend of mine."  Well our current pastor would probably be just as good (well... almost as good - it's hard to top his predecessor) if only he would learn to delegate. 

I cornered him last night and told him rather bluntly that when our senior (retired) pastor was in charge he would call me and ask me to take care of things.  Now that he (the younger pastor) is in charge, I don't get phone calls as much - and the younger guy is trying to hold down a factory job and be pastor too.  Gonna burn himself out that way. 

Other than trying to do everything himself, our current pastor is (almost) as good as our retired pastor.  :)  And though preaching is less than half of being a pastor, he sure can preach!

Disclaimer:  This whole post was made on the assumption that "Post not about you" means we shouldn't post about ourselves, but about someone else.  If this assumption was made in error... oh well, nobody's perfect.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on August 16, 2013, 06:52:03 PM
:pound: I have no doubt that 1) You are lying and 2) it is in fact about me. Obviously. It's ALWAYS about me.
And coming from you, it is probably derogatory. :pound:
You're probably right. I bet you think football teams huddle just to talk about you too.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 19, 2013, 03:33:56 PM
I cornered him last night and told him rather bluntly that when our senior (retired) pastor was in charge he would call me and ask me to take care of things.  Now that he (the younger pastor) is in charge, I don't get phone calls as much - and the younger guy is trying to hold down a factory job and be pastor too.  Gonna burn himself out that way. 

Isaac, this post IS about you...

Every church needs someone (or several someones) like you. Just sayin'...

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Um... you know, you're right... well it was supposed to be about my pastor.

Speaking of my senior pastor, I don't think anybody remembered to tell him that he's supposed to be retired. He's out selling watermelons again this year, like he does every year to raise money for sheaves for Christ offering. He's 82 years old, but he still gets around like somebody half his age. I'm pretty sure God's work keeps him young. ;)

The younger pastor's following a good example though. He was the one who did most of the work when we had to remodel the Fellowship Hall.
"Do you sing at church?"