News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Dear Mr. President

Started by EricShane, September 25, 2008, 02:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricShane

the artist Pink, wrote this song to the president (im sure most of you have heard it)

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=672711

I just heard it, its so moving..

Im sure many radical christians would disagree... but, I'm just saying "it moves me"
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

drummr

Song makes some excellent points.  It asks questions that are valid and it is certainly
OK to ask them.

My only real concern is that it lays 100% of society's ills squarely on his shoulders
without acknowledging the difficulties that this country has faced that were not
caused by him.  Many of the problems we have today will have to be solved by us
in our own communities and churches as no single man can handle the job.
"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:"
1 Peter 1:22

EricShane

Quote from: drummr on September 28, 2008, 12:51:45 AM
Song makes some excellent points.  It asks questions that are valid and it is certainly
OK to ask them.

My only real concern is that it lays 100% of society's ills squarely on his shoulders
without acknowledging the difficulties that this country has faced that were not
caused by him.  Many of the problems we have today will have to be solved by us
in our own communities and churches as no single man can handle the job.
yeah, I agree with that...

the president has a hard job, and not *every* problem is his fault..
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

dnr1128

I concur.  The President really doesn't run the country; congress does.  He just shoulders the blame because he's the frontman. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.