Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

I'm in the map, but in the light green area. You guys keep those tornado watches down there. Our university here has opened up student move in day for today as well due to winter weather up in Chicago.

Nelle

I know this is not the area for prayer requests, but this is the area most frequented by everyone.

I cannot remember (or find anything from me) if I shared last summer about a couple who had delivered their daughter stillborn a week before her due date. My friend that I work with, it's her nephew and his wife. Their lives were quite obviously and understandably wrecked from all of that. Just in December I guess, they let the family know that they were expecting again. Everyone has been so happy and excited about this new baby. She has been feeling tired and sick a lot lately, which everyone shrugs off as the flu or pregnancy-related. She was diagnosed yesterday with late stage lymphoma.  She will be going to Barnes in St Louis for treatment next week. She is in her second trimester of pregnancy.

Everyone is very concerned about what this will mean for the pregnancy, since it's expected that Barnes will suggest terminating the pregnancy. They are asking for a miracle, and we know God is in the miracle "business" as they say. She is needing a mental touch, as well as physical for her and the baby.

I would ask that you all pray with us for Katie, Clayboy, their sweet rainbow baby, and their families.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God has His hands on Katie and Clayboy, and I know they probably struggle to see that He truly does with all of this pain and anguish. It would be very difficult even in the strongest believer.

Roscoe

Oh man. Praying. That verse, incidentally, has been our church's byword, for lack of a better thing to call it, for the past several months. It seems everyone I know is battling very REAL issues right now.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on January 08, 2020, 10:21:36 AMTaco, venting can be good. Also venting will give us information on what to pray about.
See the U.S.D. area if you really want to know.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

:hi:
Been a lazy day here today. Cold and rainy. But thankfully,no damage was done in last nights' storm. And, Nelle, Lou's W2 is available. So only my state is holding me up now. :pound: It'll take me less than 10 minutes to do our taxes, thanks to the new standard deductions. No need to itemize everything now- they've set the standard deduction higher for a couple than ours equal, giving, house interest and all.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi:
 Sunday. Typical Sunday- cold out. Went to church. Move of God. Satan mad, immediately tried to interfere. At home. If I can make it through this week, I'll have a three day weekend.

The Purple Fuzzy

Thankfully the sever weather wasn't so bad here but on the other side of town they had roof & tree problems.
Just down the road from Chel a tree fell on a house & killed a guy.:(

sunlight

There were all kinds of trees snapped in half about 5 miles from our house- and drone footage of all kinds of damage. I am thankful that our place was spared!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Very thankful for you guys as well!
Back at work. Not really feeling well, but have a full slate this evening so I can't go home sick- not that I do that very often.

Nelle

@Work. I killed the toaster. I put in four poptarts, turned it on, and the next thing I know.. someone says there's smoke billowing out of the kitchen. I couldn't even see the poptarts anymore they were so black. I'm not sure what happened... unless it just finally died? The settings never get changed on it. Anyway. So now I'm out a breakfast of four poptarts (I know, that's a lot.. but they are SOO good toasted!!) and I'm still hungry. So now I'm eating my Hostess Donettes and drinking some Dew.. and eating some doritos, bc the sweetness of the donette was too much, haha. Vicious cycle.

Now I just hope that by lunch.. I don't have to hear anymore fire jokes. :)

Roscoe

LOL
At work. Wound up going home early yesterday after all- a guy called wanting to see the Jeep. I rescheduled people and bailed at 2:30. Guy saw, guy bought. Now I'm down to Rusty and Sam for my transportation.

Lynx

You swap vehicles in and out like I swap phones and laptops.

Of course phones and laptops are cheaper than cars... At least the ones I get... But then my phones and laptops don't have much resale value either.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning all. Kinda dreary day here- going to go to Conway to assist with range in a bit. Got a newbie or two we have to try to teach to shoot. Kinda hard when we have to take someone who has never picked up a gun before and make them an expert shot, shooting at least 80%, in less than three weeks. Well, I guess technically it is around 7 weeks if we are able to take them out on the weekends, but since that's only one day a week, all seven weeks account for about 1 week max....

The Purple Fuzzy

It's gray, dreary & was really foggy earlier. Our weather this week is supposed to range from 73-28

Bobby, I'd like to learn to shoot.

Roscoe

I think we are supposed to possibly see more rain this weekend. And Fuzz, you need to. It's a skill most folks should have now days, even if they decide to not carry everyday.

Back at work. Feeling blah. Started to call in, but I did that a couple of months ago and don't want it to be a habit. With all the time off lately with holidays and then me taking a couple hours on Monday, I felt it would look excessive. So I sit here not feeling well and wishing I were asleep in bed.

Nelle

Why do we do that to ourselves? LOL.. Yet I hear on the BBC news yesterday on a story about Africa and China media combining in Nairobi that they consider Americans to be lazy... yet we don't get afternoon naps, we don't get long maternity/paternity leaves, we work long, crazy hours. I barely eek out using my vacation days up before they expire, and I rarely even touch even half of my sick days. I tend to use those hours for doctor or dentist visits that I cannot manage to get appointment for outside-of-work hours. I hate being late or missing work, because I feel like I'm letting everyone else down. So we arrive sick, and pass those germs right on along, or our quality of work may suffer from not being 'all there' due to not feeling well.

Hopefully you have a good day anyway, and feel better! Rest this weekend! LOL.. Eat some warm, comfort food.. like soup for supper. Yum, soup sounds so good.

I'm @work obviously. I can't decide if I'm going to eat a waffle & turkey stick for lunch, or if I'm going to cook a baked potato. I have about 45 minutes to decide.. and I'm already hungry for lunch!

MsJennJenn

Cus this is America. That's what we do Nelle.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

So true. I wound up listening to my boss, who kinda chewed on me for coming in sick,  and going home at 11 today.  He pointed out that I had 666 hours + of sick time, and over 200 hours of vacation time, with more accumulating daily.
Slept most of the day, then Lou drug me to Russellville for dinner. Mistake. Back at home, sick again. I honestly think I am going to call in sick tomorrow and simply sleep.

Nelle

I'm glad your boss was supportive.

@Work. There are days that I love the "Informed Delivery" for USPS, but today - it is pure torture. Jeremy's getting some sort of mail from the Department of the Treasury, and we have no clue what it's about. He's the carefree person, and I'm the "I'm going to worry about this all day" because I'm the one who pays the bills and has to figure out how we are going to work things out. Hopefully it's nothing too poisonous and it won't ruin my weekend. Ugh. Long time until 4pm.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Have done nothing today. Did exactly as I mentioned last night and called in. One of my new books came in the mail- I'm hooked on the Brock and Bodie Thoene series "The A.D. Chronicles"- I may have mentioned them. I bought one at a thrift shop, got hooked and now I've bought 9 others in the series, and still have a few to go. Ebay is wonderful and terrible. I  read the one that came in- yes, the entire book, I'm a speed reader- and ebay'd two more, and I'm irritable that they aren't already here. LOL.
Oh, and I DID put on Lou's chicken dish she wanted- mix orange marmalade and bbq sauce together, add soy sauce and garlic, and cook over chicken breast. I've got that in a crockpot. I think it's supposed to have rice to serve it on, but that's on her.

Chseeads

Lynx

Howdy Seth.

And yeah, sleep is awesome when you're sick. This week I had a cold, which is no big thing, but it hit as hard as it was going to hit on my day off. Yay for perfect timing! I took multiple naps.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!