News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

live chat

Started by Soubriquet, November 04, 2007, 08:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soubriquet

well, I added a simple chat window to the default theme.  http://godplace.com/forum/index.php?action=chat    it'll take you into the ApostolicChat page with your forum login name.  lets see how it works.   you'll need Java installed to use it (most computers already have it)    I'll try to add it into the other themes, I don't know how well those will work (click on the link above to try the chat if you're not using the forum default theme)
the web guy (the one who's usually at fault when it doesn't work)

Soubriquet

oh, if you get a Java security error, click "Accept" or "Allow".  otherwise it won't let you into the chat.
the web guy (the one who's usually at fault when it doesn't work)

Tricia Lea

Sister_Mom

Hey cool!!  :thumbsup2: Tricia needed one more chat room to go to.  :laughhard:  :laughhard: jk  :grin:
How about we give it a try after church Tricia?
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Tricia Lea

B

If you already have an IRC client that you'd like to use, you can do so by pointing it to irc://irc.apostolicchat.com:6667.

B

Sister_Mom

Scratches head..... huh?  ???

This generation is leaving me behind.  :sadbounce:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

SippinTea

Quote from: Sister_Mom on November 04, 2007, 11:02:27 PM
Scratches head..... huh?  ???

This generation is leaving me behind.  :sadbounce:

And who was it I had to ask for help in fixing my avatar a while back? Eh? Trust me, no one's leaving you behind.  :biglaugh:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

He is talking about if you already have a chat service installed like mIRC or Pirch...I used to have mIRC..I loved it, but then I got out of all that, and started posting on message boards. Kinda like the slower pace.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

drummr

I like the slower pace too.  It's easier to be smart.   ;)

Er . . . "appear" smart.
"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:"
1 Peter 1:22

Tricia Lea

my nic is stuck in the chat room

there are 2 of me in there now

MelodyB

:o

TWO of you? Can we handle that?

MelodyB

Just have the OP kick the other one....That used to happen to me all the time. But ask them to do a WhoIs so they kick the right one. :)

Tricia Lea

well if they do it this morning i not there so they can kick me out lool

Kyle

What?!  You mean now I not only have to watch our people at AC, but now I have to keep tabs on the GP people also now on the AC chat?!  I better get hazard pay for this lol
Stupidity is a global epidemic.

Tricia Lea

MelodyB

Aw Hat, you know we are not any trouble.

Well, not all the time. :hypocrite:

SippinTea

*cough*

And that from the Fingerprint. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Kyle

Doesn't bother me, I have ways to deal with chatters that become problems. :)

Sis

How do you bold in there? Can you remain hidden if you just want to lurk?

Kyle

The Java client has colors you can check and a bold option I believe.  However, I wouldn't know for sure since I use an IRC client to help keep to my IRC duties when I am in there.  I'll be there tonight after college prayer to help out when I can for the GPer's coming in.

Sis

I haven't used a chat since UPCI. I was a mod in there.

B

In IRC, bold is ctrl+b. It may be different for the java client. I haven't tried it.

No, you can't lurk. :teeth: Sorry.

B

Sis

I don't think you're THAT sorry, B! LOL *Snaps fingers* Can't check up on folks.

B