News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

If a guy talks about other girls... does it mean something?

Started by sunlight, May 11, 2008, 07:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If a guy talks to a girl about some other girl he is potentially interested in, does that mean that he would never consider dating you?

yes- a guy doesnt talk about other girls if he is interested in you
no- he is being honest about his feelings, and could be using it as a sounding board.
no- he only does it to test you or to get your reaction
yes- its a sure sign he is not interested, and trying to let you down easily

Jallen

I've never been married so I can't offer my own insights, I just know the elders seem to agree that it's work.

Sis

Next year it will be 25 years, and we're still honeymooning. And it hasn't been that much work. Just let the hubby lead, give him a few ideas and we go on that. AND definitely stick together when things go wrong, we don't blame each other for the tough times. We stick together and PRAY!

Jallen

I suppose marriage might be like a sport in some respects. Sure, anybody can learn the basics of the game and play... but some people have a natural talent that takes them to the Big Leagues. Some people have to work at it constantly and never become very good at it, while for others it seems to come naturally, almost effortlessly.

However, I don't think just one person in the relationship could be "good" at marriage and that be enough. You'd have to have two people who were both gifted at the "game" of marriage for it to work as well as you've described.

RainbowJingles

*begins to picture marriage like a monopoly game board*

lol

"Go to the doghouse - directly to the doghouse.  Do not pass go; do not collect $200."

Sis

After all, Rebecca was caught "sporting" with her husband wasn't she?   :laughhard:   :hypocrite:

Jallen

Quote from: Sis on March 13, 2009, 04:42:34 PM
After all, Rebecca was caught "sporting" with her husband wasn't she?   :laughhard:   :hypocrite:
lol, or was Abraham sporting with her?  :biglaugh:

SippinTea

Quote from: Sis on March 13, 2009, 03:39:35 PM
Next year it will be 25 years, and we're still honeymooning. And it hasn't been that much work. Just let the hubby lead, give him a few ideas and we go on that. AND definitely stick together when things go wrong, we don't blame each other for the tough times. We stick together and PRAY!

Ya know, Sis... I like the way you put that.

Quote from: Jallen on March 13, 2009, 04:44:51 PM

*groooooaaannnn*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Jallen

I've always wondered about that word "sporting"... what were they doing, just fooling around? Being playful with one another in an obviously not brother/sisterly way?
I can't imagine before toothpaste and  mouthwash there was a whole lot of passionate kissing going on... but who knows?

Sis

Quote from: SippinTea on March 13, 2009, 04:46:24 PM

Ya know, Sis... I like the way you put that.

Thank you, but it's just that simple. I know people who sit there and blame each other when things go wrong. Even when I totaled the car, he didn't blame me. I felt guilty, but he was right there BESIDE me, not pointing fingers.

Quote from: Jallen on March 13, 2009, 04:50:07 PM
I've always wondered about that word "sporting"... what were they doing, just fooling around? Being playful with one another in an obviously not brother/sisterly way?
I can't imagine before toothpaste and  mouthwash there was a whole lot of passionate kissing going on... but who knows?

Well, they weren't brother and sister, and the mouth will cleanse itself if you leave the chemicals alone. God made us and he didn't make Listerine.

Jallen

Quote from: Sis on March 13, 2009, 06:40:07 PM

Well, they weren't brother and sister, and the mouth will cleanse itself if you leave the chemicals alone. God made us and he didn't make Listerine.
Uhmm... the mouth will rot your teeth if you "leave the chemicals alone", lol.

Sis

The foods you eat, the water and other liquids you eat are part of it. They brush/wash away the things that cause bad breath. God invented this body to take care of that stuff.

Amelia Bedelia

there are cultures that use a special grass to scrape their teeth clean and its worked for centuries... now colgate goes in and "shows a better way" and people forget the old ways and the poorest are left with nothing

and as long as the morning breath is equal then whats the problem?  LOL

Tsalagi

Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 13, 2009, 04:42:26 PM

lol

"Go to the doghouse - directly to the doghouse.  Do not pass go; do not collect $200."

That one gets a coveted '3 monkeys'

:monkey2: :monkey2: :monkey2:

Tsalagi

Quote from: Jallen on March 13, 2009, 04:44:51 PM

Isaac.

BeccaBoo

No I wasnt...

I dont have a husband...

:o

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

Sis

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on March 14, 2009, 04:33:41 AM
there are cultures that use a special grass to scrape their teeth clean and its worked for centuries... now colgate goes in and "shows a better way" and people forget the old ways and the poorest are left with nothing

and as long as the morning breath is equal then whats the problem?  LOL

:laughat:  Very true!

Quote from: Brecxie on March 14, 2009, 05:27:50 AM

No I wasnt...

I dont have a husband...

:o

:laughat: :laughat: :laughat: :laughat:

You're fast!

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Tsalagi on March 14, 2009, 04:49:07 AM
Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 13, 2009, 04:42:26 PM

lol

That one gets a coveted '3 monkeys'

:monkey2: :monkey2: :monkey2:

*curtsies*

Why, thank you.  :bigcheese:
I think
lol

Jallen

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

RainbowJingles

iridiscente

Sis