News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

If a guy talks about other girls... does it mean something?

Started by sunlight, May 11, 2008, 07:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If a guy talks to a girl about some other girl he is potentially interested in, does that mean that he would never consider dating you?

yes- a guy doesnt talk about other girls if he is interested in you
no- he is being honest about his feelings, and could be using it as a sounding board.
no- he only does it to test you or to get your reaction
yes- its a sure sign he is not interested, and trying to let you down easily

iridiscente

galactic tactics
stargazers dream.
surveyors of Orion
(who has tightened his belt
to bring the states closer)

a phone call

a satellite connection...
As a signal bounces
from star
to star
to home.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Newsman

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

iridiscente

* iridiscente soaks up all of the hugs for a rainy day!

The Purple Fuzzy

iridiscente

The Purple Fuzzy

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

iridiscente

BeccaBoo

RainbowJingles

RainbowJingles

Quote from: RainbowJingles on May 13, 2008, 10:26:02 PM
Quote from: TRAV on May 13, 2008, 09:53:17 PM
After a couple question and answer sessions he might say to himself.....self, "This girl I been talkin to is pretty cool and is not a drama queen. Wow. Now that there's a keeper!"

:thumbsup2:

:tearhair:

Okay...  I did NOT need to hear that.

You know, my little world was so cut and dried before this poll.  :sadbounce:  I think I kind of liked it that way!  lol

I was talking to a friend today and mentioned that a guy friend was confiding in me about a budding relationship, and I told her something that had happened.  She was like...  "if he's interested in that girl, then why..." and I was like...  :tearhair:  He just knows he can trust me.  Isn't it just that simple?!

*remembers this moment in time*
:bigcheese:

My friend's questions were apparently fairly valid.
And apparently Trav wasn't too far off base, either.

:chairspin:

RainbowJingles

*looks at the date stamps*

WOW!  This thing has been going on a lot longer than I thought it had been!!!  :o

iridiscente

So once you really get going it shouldn't take as long, right?

RainbowJingles

I just remember writing him off over and over and OVER again.  It was like...  "just friends," "just friends," "just friends..."  :tearhair:

Then there would be something that would make me think...  "Huh??  Why did he say THAT?!?!"  and soon I'd be back to the
"just friends," "just friends," "just friends..."  :tearhair: thing again.

But I remind myself often that "just" friends is really not a terrible thing.  "Just friends" learn things about one another that you don't normally tell anyone else.  "Just friends" confide in and trust one another.  "Just friends" don't obsess over one another.  "Just friends" listen and don't get upset when you don't remember every detail.  "Just friends" are often at the level beyond the beginning of a dating relationship, really.  They're in that zone where they're not afraid of breaking up, because you don't break up with "just friends."  There are no major expectations, and you relax around one another.  You're *real*.  And that is where love (the agape love) seems to build.  That selfless love that just seems to appear out of nowhere as you begin to realize that you want what is best for that person, even if it may NOT involve you.

RainbowJingles

Quote from: iridiscente on February 23, 2009, 04:08:27 PM

I have no further comment at this time.

nwlife

You know, a comment made already is correct, sometimes you are talking to someone about someone else, in order to bounce ideas off them.  Only to realize that the one you were talking to is a keeper or worth pursuing. 

The only irony of one particular situation (for me anyway) is because of decisions already made, the pursuit of both a dream you have had since childhood and that person just can not be done, or only to realize you can not pursue that person, because you realize you can not fit into the calling on that person's life.  The choice is heartwrenching.

But the flip side is for most situations, if you realize it in time, you may have just found the perfect gift from God that was sitting there talking to you all that time. 
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

iridiscente

Quote from: RainbowJingles on February 23, 2009, 08:35:19 PM
Quote from: iridiscente on February 23, 2009, 04:08:27 PM

I have no further comment at this time.
A certain Investigator has trained you well... but I have a feeling you didn't need much.

BeccaBoo

Jallen

Why not be happy for them? Maybe they found someone who is a better match for them than you are.... that's great, right? Marriage is gonna be tough even under the best of circumstances. Who knows? If we keep a right attitude maybe next time it'll be the Lord sending Mister/ Misses Right our way! Hallelujah!   :clap:

Jallen

Quote from: sunlight on February 12, 2009, 08:47:00 PM

Uhmm... not everyone has an "extraordinary mind" to offer. Sometimes a guy might just have to settle for striking good looks and an hourglass figure  :sadbounce:

Sis

Quote from: Jallen on March 13, 2009, 04:58:51 AM
Why not be happy for them? Maybe they found someone who is a better match for them than you are.... that's great, right? Marriage is gonna be tough even under the best of circumstances. Who knows? If we keep a right attitude maybe next time it'll be the Lord sending Mister/ Misses Right our way! Hallelujah!   :clap:

Marriage doesn't have to be tough. It can have some rough spots, but if you're working together and not pulling apart, you will make it through in less time than if you fight each other.