News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

We got none of the inclement weather except the ridiculous cold.
I can't feel my toes. Still.
Bah.

It's media week of our 4-week fast too. So I'm bored.
I read two whole books yesterday.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Today was busy. And it is still cold. And it appears we have a new guy in our office. He seems to be a tad bit of a know it all. Time will tell...at least I'll get a break, seeing he is going to take over some of my work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Dear Lord it is cold. 9 degrees this morning. I had to drive the 'vette in, which demonstrated the pains of a 20+ year old car. Of all things to fail- the blower control module died. This regulated the  blower motor. Without it no fan, thus no heat. I managed to be halfway comfortable after discovering the faster I drove, the more heat passed through the vents. So it was a quick ride in this morning. And yes, I came straight in and ordered the part it needs. Lord.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

mini

I'm praying for snow.

If it doesn't happen soon, those prayers are gonna keep stock piling until we have a snow apocalypse of a blizzard.

So, pray that I get my snow soon or start stocking up on food supplies.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

It's 12* right now and is supposed to be 66* by Sunday...

Roscoe

:pound:

I'm praying for Arkansas to become a tropical paradise in regards to climate. So keep that Artic junk on your side of the fence.

I'm back at work, ready for the day to get by. It needs to be quitting time. And it hasn't even been starting time but 5 minutes...:sadbounce:

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

It's currently 8 and feels like 2 in my ole mountains of East Tenn. The heat at work is struggling. It's currently 48 in the store. Thankful for hot hands in my boots.

I got propositioned about a job at an old employer. 25 hours starting out but full time and management within the next 6 months. Promises of being off for church. Timely considering I just found out my current employer is talking a whole lot of bad stuff about me behind my back (she accidentally text it to me and named me specifically...). So, Heather may be heading back to AutoZone soon.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

We are currently at a warm 28°F. I love snow, but I dislike being cold. :)

Lynx

So I'm going to catch up on news from this end of the world. This has been a hectic few days for me.

Last Friday we got snow. Unbeknown to me, my minivan's right rear tire froze solid and slid over the ice instead of rolling. It stayed frozen for a good six miles and flat-spotted itself real good. I could still drive on it, but it wouldn't last more than a few dozen miles more.

Then this Tuesday I was out of work for reason of being sick.

This Wednesday my car's front right tire just spontaneously went flat. Great, there goes my backup vehicle as well.

So today I tried to change the back right tire on the minivan and put the spare on. Oddly when I jacked up the minivan and got the lug nuts off, the wheel just stayed on the axle. I wedged, tugged, but it just stuck. So I put the lug nuts back on and took it to my mechanic, who jacked it up, took the lug nuts back off and gave it a spirited kick. That got it.

Then he tried to put the spare tire on it... and it didn't fit. Actually the spare tire came from the green minivan I used to have. I THOUGHT it would fit, but never tried it. Great, glad I didn't find that out halfway between here and east TN where I visit Mom.

So tonight when I got home I changed the tire on the backup car... and found out it went flat because it was just plain wore out. Yay, I'm oblivious!

So now I'm in for three tires and a rim: The tire to replace the minivan flat-spot, the tire and rim to replace the minivan spare that was the wrong size and the tire for the car.

Can I get a Mulligan for this week? I hear that's what they do in golf, when they take a shot and don't like it they can call "Mulligan!" and do the shot again. I need a Mulligan and do this week over.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Sorry, Isaac. Sounds like a tough week. I hope things get better.

MelodyB

This cold is for the bears. Not me.

I went 37 years never seeing snow, and now it's snowed here TWICE in less than a month. Wednesday morning I drove over an iced over bridge, tires spinning and me not moving but inches at a time..scarest experience I've ever had. Then an hour after I crossed the bridge and made it safely to work, 20 minutes late, they closed the bridge and I was stuck at work for most of the afternoon, after I got off.

Then only to finally get home and my pipes had busted cause the idiot neighbors who I share a duplex with, failed to leave the faucets dripping and it was 19º the night before, so all our pipes were busted.

Erica and I were without water for a day and a half, and I have been wearing so many layers of clothes cause I don't have proper winter attire. I don't own anything thicker than a hoodie, and I nearly froze to death. Lol

Im so over it!

But! It's a sunny 46º here right now and Im sitting in the parking lot of work in my truck, waiting on my check. When I get that I can run errends and do what I need to do, and I have a truck bed FULL of fire wood, and Im off the weekend! Supposed to have a high of 70º on Sunday! Bring it!

Gonna be great! This week was rough, and cold, but we made it and Im happy and blessed!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

* sunlight was just reminded to slap that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today

* sunlight hugs cheese
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

But wait, there's more!

The spare tire I put on my backup car last night... which was fine last night... was flat this morning. REALLY?!!

I'm starting to get paranoid about tires. I keep glancing at the minivan to make sure all four tires are okay.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Roscoe

Well, I can't be blamed. I am as usual innocent and prepared to delete any faulty accusations.. Yes. Much more to come...:ugly:

sunlight

It's 4am and I can't sleep. I've been awake since like 01:30. I'm glad I'm off tomorrow.

Heather

Yesterday marked a month since dad's been gone. I only burst into tears 4 or 5 times randomly throughout the day.

Waiting for the go ahead from AZ to be able to put in my notice at work. Now that things are lining up I'm ready to just move on.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

MelodyB

Heather, all I can say is that it does get better eventually. But it's also ok to cry anytime you need to. Just do it and get it done and dont stay there. After awhile, you wont cry as often and the pain will be more bearable. It never goes away. Don't let people tell you that, it never goes away. It just gets to a point where you live with it and you deal with it. Just like everything else.

Life is hard, and death is so much harder...on the living.

Hang in there. Remember the good stuff. Talk about him with family. Laugh. Poke fun at the stuff he did that was crazy or silly. That's all ok. And it help the pain be more bareable.

My brothers and I talk about Mom and Dad all the time. And that idiot Furby. We talk about the good and bad. We laugh, and sometimes we still cry. But it's better. So so so much better than when it first happened.

*HUGS*

You know you can call me if you need to. I can listen.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

Are you Oklahoma and Arkansas people ok? Y'all end up with any tornadoes with that weather?