News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

It was supposed to storm bad today. Even saw a tornado threat. But so far I've not seen any rain. The sun is actually shining. So who knows what will happen as the day progresses.

Paying bills. Bye bye money! And no, none of you are on my bill to pay list. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: mini on April 12, 2018, 07:10:40 PMI'm out traveling today.

Its so windy in Oklahoma right now I thought Roscoe was bragging about Arkansas again.
My apologies Bobby, but I had to like this one.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Man!! MJJ, I was hopng to be on that one.. hahaha. :P

Sitting here trying to wind down to go to bed, but I'm pretty sure I found out one reason I like winter more than spring/summer. When it storms in classic-winter-style, it's snow or ice. When it storms spring/summer, one word - tornado. Ugh. While I was typing that sentence, lightning struck somewhere near our home. I think my heart MAY eventually go back to normal beats, hahaha. I'm like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs when it comes to spring/summer storms. Here's hoping this milk helps soothe me to sleep and I sleep better than a baby right on thru the night! :)

In positive news, it's Friday evening, and I get to sleep in tomorrow morning. Also, I have enjoyed having our windows open yesterday and today. I heard a rumor it's supposed to get cooler again by Sunday, but I'll enjoy while I can.

Roscoe

Well, we got a little wind...a little rain...a few warnings, but so far not real major storms thank God.
Relaxing at the house...Took Lou and Chey out for dinner, wound up buying a new rug for our living room. That tile job is costing me, cause now she "needs to redecorate". It's hard to find things that fit both our tastes- I'm more subdued, traditional style and she's a tad more edgy.
We've agreed on a few things we both like- neutral flooring and walls, add color by accent pieces and rugs, ect.
So a few weeks ago- a metal wall art piece that resembles metal flowers, kinda, in bronze, blues, reds and greenish metallic colors, more modern than my taste usually is, but I admit I liked it. Scooped it up at Goodwill's for $15- decorating on a budget.
We liked our burgundy drapes, so tonight we found an area rug that matches both the drapes and the tile flooring, with some cool designs. Kinda traditional meets elegant in my mind. Unfortunately, said rug was the extreme opposite of the affordability spectrum from the art piece. I choked a bit paying for it. The former area rug will be repurposed to the ham room tomorrow after I build the new bookcase.
 It's coming together, bit by bit.  Some, maybe all,  of the greenery we have had for years may go away too, and I KNOW there's some more flower arrangements being planned.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

We had an eventful evening.

A storm passed over our house and hit a city northeast of us. Tore up quite a bit over there. Then our power was knocked out. Unfortunately we are on a small line (~20 customers).

And just about the time we think the power is coming back, we realize the 3 service trucks that showed up were for internet.

Seems as though everyone from here to Arkansas (really) who has internet and cable TV comes from a junction box in my neighbors yards.  No power, no internet and TV for 1000's.

At that point, things got to moving...they had said our power would be back before noon today. They got it back on about 11 pm. But they have been running a generator in my back yard since about 9 pm last night so some 12 year old could play a online game and someone could watch a TV show. I'm ready to get away from the noise.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

Robbie was outside watching it from the porch. He said we got lots of rain, wind, hail, and wet cats trying to escape from it all. Lol.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

We got a little hail and the rest but it didn't last too long. We lost power for maybe an hour at best.

Heather

I'm here for my monthly check in to assure you all that I'm not dead.

Carry on.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on April 14, 2018, 10:17:18 PMI'm here for my monthly check in to assure you all that I'm not dead.

Carry on.
I was wondering where you went too...

I built the bookcase. Twice. Like an idiot, I carefully measured and built it in the carport. Then I tried to take it inside. Only then did I realize that the bookcase was 80 inches tall by approximately 80 inches long. The doorway- about 3/4 of an inch shorter than that. Yes. I thought things I have had to seek repentance for. Then I took it apart, and reassembled it in the bedroom. Most of my collection is out of boxes now.
 Chey and Lou are gone to a youth service in Benton, and I am cleaning the house up.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Quote from: Heather on April 14, 2018, 10:17:18 PMI'm here for my monthly check in to assure you all that I'm not dead.

Carry on.

Ditto what she said.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on April 15, 2018, 02:41:07 AM

Carry on.

Ditto what she said.
:pound:
 You need to post more often. We is feeling neglected by you heathens.

Lynx

Grandma left the lid loose on the peanut butter, so Grandma got ants in the cupboard. Come to find out, diluted Dawn kills ants.

Dawn kills ladybugs, red wasps... now ants. And we wash our dishes in this stuff?!!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 15, 2018, 09:35:22 AMGrandma left the lid loose on the peanut butter, so Grandma got ants in the cupboard. Come to find out, diluted Dawn kills ants.

Dawn kills ladybugs, red wasps... now ants. And we wash our dishes in this stuff?!!
Ah, it's no problem. We drink sodas that when poured on posts of a battery eat the corrosion off of them.  It'll all work out, you got a stomach of steel.

Hi, y'all. Slept in  today. Ain't doing anything much until church time.

MelodyB

Yeah, yeah.

Life, just life. It's good, and busy.

On the plus side, someone gave me a self cleaning litter box and it's amazing!

The neighbors are yelling... It's 4am..

lovely.

Headed to work.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 15, 2018, 06:15:50 PM
Quote from: Lynx on April 15, 2018, 09:35:22 AMDawn kills ladybugs, red wasps... now ants. And we wash our dishes in this stuff?!!
Ah, it's no problem. We drink sodas that when poured on posts of a battery eat the corrosion off of them.  It'll all work out, you got a stomach of steel.
Yeah... you can drink that stuff if you want. Bleh!

Soda also eats the hot wax off a windshield. My aunt took her car through an automatic car wash and she was much displeased by all the wax clouding her view, so she poured a can of coke across the driver's side of the windshield. It solved the problem and turned me off for sodas forevermore.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Morning all you friendly people and the not so friendly Roscoe.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:pound:
 Bah.
It's definitely Monday. I REALLY hope today is not a representation of how my week is going to be.
I could cheerfully throttle everyone I've met thus far today. :reaction: :reaction:
I might save one of my coworkers, because she's having as bad a day as I am, and everyone knows I shouldn't have to suffer alone.

And in keeping with my day thus far- this is the SECOND time I typed this post, the computer having ate it before. :pound:

mini

Dont everyone post all at once...

:ugly:

Roscoe

Stuck in a defensive techniques class. Fortunantly, it's a class that is not really alot of hands-on today.
And I started the day off right by driving the Corvette over Petit Jean Mountain.
Absolutely perfect- pipes rumbling, six speeds, and lots of curves.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Same here. Lovely 85 degrees! Love it!

Beach on the island in 15 days.  :clap:  :hippy:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

It turned out beautiful here as well. Got out of class early, and drove the 'vette around a bit. Stopped and looked at a newer C6 vette that I want, but can't afford, spent money on a new floor jack at Harbor Freight, mowed the yard, and finally took Rusty on a dirt road cruise. Tomorrow, I'm back in the office/court , Thursday more DT's, Friday an office day....Saturday church work day...Lord. All that and all I want is a day off..:pound:

MsJennJenn

You want some cheese with that whine?! haha
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 18, 2018, 02:58:54 PMYou want some cheese with that whine?! haha
No 'cause it'd probably be moldy. :pound:
Today- is a repeat of Monday. Stepped out of the truck at work, dressed up because I have court-  and hear a RIIIIPP. Ripped my pants from stem to stern. I'm rocking Walmart's elastic waistband old men pants now, and I could care less. I make 'em look good.

:reaction:  Something's gotta give this week. I'm becoming very decidedly Seth-like.

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on April 18, 2018, 04:24:56 PMToday- is a repeat of Monday. Stepped out of the truck at work, dressed up because I have court-  and hear a RIIIIPP. Ripped my pants from stem to stern. I'm rocking Walmart's elastic waistband old men pants now, and I could care less. I make 'em look good.

:spitlaugh: