Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:. Dear Lawd. Had a parole hearing today in which I had to act as prosecutor. I knew it was gonna be fun when the inmate's lawyer showed up- in a suit that cost more than I make in a month and a S500 Mercedes, a $130k+ car.
 I felt outclassed. We will see if I won in a bit...LOL.
And the local foodtruck now offers Chicken Parm Bites- nuggets of chicken and cheese with a delicious pasta sauce. They are Divine. And semi-low carb...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work. But leaving in half an hour.

Lots to get done before Thurs evening. Have to catch up some laundry so I can pack tomorrow night. Headed back to Arkansas for the weekend. Christmas weekend was literally about 24 hours in Arkansas and 6 hours of driving, so I'm glad I get to go back to spend some more time before my brother & SIL head out on vacation from there.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not looking forward to the cold front that's coming this weekend.

Roscoe

Seems like it has got here a tad early. Not a fan.
Out doing some home visits, then church tonight.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Got word today that my aunt and my grandma tested positive for Covid.  Guess we'll see if any of the rest of the family gets sick cause we all got together on Christmas day and their symptoms started 2 days later. It appears I may have had Covid the week of Christmas too and not realized it at the time.  I came down with the usual congestion, headache, mild muscle ache, and even lost some of my sense smell and taste.  I didn't think anything of it because I wasn't anymore sick than I usually get in the Fall and I was raised in the era of take meds and kleenexes for those sniffles and go to work anyway.

Roscoe

:hi:
 When I first had it last year, I had only the normal cold symptoms- cough, runny nose, etc- for the first several days, before I was diagnosed. It wasn't until half way through my quarantine that I actually had "covid" symptoms- fatigue, headache, loss of taste. Honestly, I would not have been tested if Lou had not tested positive and had an actual hard time with it. Several in my area's Conway Office have encountered it this week. Apparently round two is coming through. Sheesh.

Backseat Radio

I'm feeling much better now other than muscle aches

Lynx

Round two? The news has been all about round three for months, and y'all are just now getting round two?

Oh well. We in the South are always the last to get innovative stuff.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Round 2, round 3, I've lost track. It seems to be never-ending.

Having watchnight service beginning at 11 tonight, foot washing, communion, breakfast afterwards. First time in several years, and some of the seasoned saints really wanted to do it. Let's see how devoted they are to it at 11...LOL
 Came in at 7:15, expecting to have to get everything ready. Some wonderful person has already prepared everything except the cooking, which I will go start on in about an hour. I am SO blessed.

And it's already stormy tonight. Supposed to be really cold by morning.

The Purple Fuzzy

The cold front is supposed to hit on Saturday, here.

Roscoe

Happy 2022, at 2am! LOL
Just got in from church. I worried that starting at 11 might give us too much time to fill. Apparently, I am becoming more preacher like than I realized. We didn't take communion until 12:15 because I kept speaking. But I'm home now. Good meal. About 20 people was there. The Covid has pretty much halved my church. We have special days with everyone there and hit the 40 and 50s, but it's rare. Trusting this will change this year.
 The cold front hasn't hit us, but the storms certainly have. It was raining so hard I was down to 20mph in the Corvette and truthfully still couldn't see.

Lynx

Yup. A new preacher has 12 pages of notes and preaches 5 minutes. An experienced pastor has four bullet points he scribbled on a napkin and preaches an hour and a half.

Or that's what I heard, anyway, from our elderly pastor. Going by that I'm about a third of the way there, in notes and length. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Backseat Radio

I joined my parents last night for their last official church service before my dad's Minister's licence expires. Indiana District UPCI raised minister dues out of my dad's price range so he gave up his license and his pastorate.

The Purple Fuzzy

Today didn't go as planned. I ended up taking my mom to the ER because she was having problems breathing. Seems like the problem is that she's retaining water. They kept her tonight, hopefully to go home tomorrow. She has CHF, so she was pretty sure that was the problem.

Roscoe

Sorry to hear, fuzz. And BSR, giving up his pastorate seems a bit extreme, but I'm not familiar with the organization's processes now.

Hi all. It's cold here today. Not a fan. Still have 4 hours before church and the phone is already going nuts with people calling to advise they won't make it. Truth be told, if I weren't the preacher, I'd probably take a big slug of Nyquil and stay home myself. Alot of congestion and sinus drainage..

Roscoe

Still cold. Made it through church, had a blonde moment. Set up the camera to live stream, and was good to go- but didn't remember to press "record" Duh.
Over halfway through the day and ready to bail...

The Purple Fuzzy

Got mama home from the hospital yesterday.hopefully she will feel better for a while.

Roscoe

Slogging through the day. Is it wrong that I feel like I am just surviving every work day and no real relief in sight?

The Purple Fuzzy

I think that's a typical feeling for many folks, Roscoe.

Roscoe

Hi. Back at work. Church tonight. Tomorrow evening, I'll try to get a bit of insulation installed in the addition. Wish I had an extra $5k, I'd buy everything I need for that addition and take a few days vacation to knock it out. Oh well.
And I'm waiting on amazon to deliver a gas line - cheaper than Lowes- so I can install propane heat in my shop. Once that is done, I can start pulling Sam's bed off in preparation to paint it.

Nelle

@Work, sleepy as usual.

Got grocery pickups tonight as well as cat food & meds pickup in preparation for tomorrow's winter weather. We were out of all the staples of course.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's back up to 68* today. Much better.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Howdy, Mini. Hope all is well with your bunch.