News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Every one weigh in here in sharing 510!!!

Started by taco_harvell, June 24, 2018, 04:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on August 17, 2018, 05:06:38 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on August 17, 2018, 10:40:03 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on August 16, 2018, 12:47:45 PMI do not think it counts.
Morning, all. Dragging a bit. Got a bit of stuff to do today too.

Then why do you say you enjoy the outdoors?  :laughhard:  :hypocrite:
:pound: I spend a large portion of my time outdoors, you buffoon. You is the one that acts like Dracula, with the sun burning you if you are outdoors.
I, on the other hand, practically stay outside,other than when I'm at work- which admittedly takes up a large portion of my time. Someone needs to give me a couple of million bucks so I can rectify that.

You only go outside because Lou keeps the AC too cold for you. lol

Let it hit 50ยบ and you'll hibernate. I love the outdoors from late September to early May. I want a trike made with a backrest and the pedals are made for people with bad knees. I'd take my camera and ride the bike path by the river this fall. It's $800 though.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MsJennJenn

Been a crazy morning. But my oils delivered and I immediately slathered on En-R-Gee, Aroma Life, and Ravintsara. Essential oils are LIFE.

Now I'm doing payroll. And wishing for a nap.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 17, 2018, 06:53:40 PMBeen a crazy morning. But my oils delivered and I immediately slathered on En-R-Gee, Aroma Life, and Ravintsara. Essential oils are LIFE.

What is ravintsara?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: sunlight on August 18, 2018, 02:42:08 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 17, 2018, 06:53:40 PMBeen a crazy morning. But my oils delivered and I immediately slathered on En-R-Gee, Aroma Life, and Ravintsara. Essential oils are LIFE.

What is ravintsara?

It's an essential oil made up mostly of Eucalyptol (50-65%). It was referred to by the Madagascar people as "the oil that heals". It's antimicrobial and supports the nerves and respiratory system. Kinda smells like camphor to me. Good for respitory and colds. I rub it on my chest.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell

Got the new migraine prevention medicine. Media literally made much ado about nothing, the box says ''This medication has not been proven to be any more effective than migraine medications currently on the market.''. Basically, it just works in a different way.

Trying to decide when to do the first injection.

Been trying to get rid of somethings. Our apartment is to small for my dream of living in a library.

taco_harvell

A very sad day. An AoG pastor who was a good friend of mine passed away. This man was baptized in Jesus name by Bro. Craft after some JCM students taught him a Bible study. He believed and preached holiness and the necessity of the HG.

To me, he admitted he knew oneness and baptism was right but said ''I can't preach it I'm AoG.''. He opened his pulpit to me many times and always said ''Preach what you want!''. Many times he picked me up to go pray for his saints or visit other holiness AoG ministers like him.

I wish GOD would have given me an Acts 2:38 message for his church but HE never did. I always felt HE didn't because the pastor wanted me to preach what he knew but refused to preach. This man blamed not preaching truth on his AoG wife. I cry for many reasons over this man. I know he is in the hands of a just GOD and I'm thankful I can trust HIM!

The Purple Fuzzy

All the grandkids are gone. Now we rest. I'm too old for constant kiddos. I need a break between times.

Roscoe

:hi: Been a busy day, cleaning up around the place and fixing little things. It's amazing how many little projects I have. Then we went and explored some of the National Forest for a bit, and I've spent some time tinkering with my ham radio stuff..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Morning all. Got up this morning and the scale showed that I'm down 8 lbs in the past two weeks. I'm not really being as strict this time so far, so I was happy to see this.
Trying something a bit different- a slightly larger breakfast (this morning was a 3 egg omelet with about 2 oz of sliced sirloin, veggies, and n oz of cheese topped with salsa, along with a cup of coffee. Coffee and all probably 400-500 calories. Lunch will be really light- some rice cakes or the like and water- just something to take the edge off. We will see how it works. If the numbers climb, we'll go back to my old way.
I've got a ton of people coming in today so I may not get to check in much today. Have a great day!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Brandon and I joined the gym plus we are going low carb with our eating. In 2 weeks, I'm down 7 pounds and he is down 12.

I was passed over for the animal hospital job. Alas. Like I told my pastor's wife, that's the problem when you pray 'Your will be done'.

Just requested info from SNHU to see about maybe transferring my credits and trying to get my Bachelor's degree finished up.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Dear lord, today was rough. I didn't have time to turn around. It was all day, steady, with a side of mild coworker drama. And two of my "good" parolees who have been sober for years came in and confessed to using meth this last weekend. Dear Lord. You've been clean for FIVE YEARS and suddenly you wanted the mess bad enough to go FIND it?!?!  I am thankful for 1) a boss who understands and who is my friend and 2) never having had an addiction and 3) an office with a door I can shut. The only thing to carry me through the day today was God and Kenny Hinson in the background. That and for a little bit my sinful secular side listened to Albert King playin the blues...

Lynx

Well at least I'm in good company with the weight loss thing. I haven't stepped on a scale before or during this whole bike riding thing, because I don't have a set weight limit to reach, but my stomach is receding. I am happy with the results and intend to continue biking as long and as often as it is feasible.

Which reminds me... yesterday I felt cheated. The sky was clouding up rapidly, the weather service predicted thunderstorms, then my uncle Fred even called just to make sure I knew it was going to be storming, so I decided to drive my automobile. Of course it didn't rain a drop all day. When I got out of w*rk the sky was beautiful blue and the wind was blowing toward home, a great tailwind that would have made for an easy bike ride.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work.  Hopefully today is easier...I have a staff meeting at noon in Conway I have to go to.

The Purple Fuzzy

I am here. It's been really hot. That is all. :shine:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Heather on August 20, 2018, 11:02:54 PMJust requested info from SNHU to see about maybe transferring my credits and trying to get my Bachelor's degree finished up.

Love, love SNHU. I would recommend it to anyone. You just have to be a self-motivator.
I'm 14 weeks away from being done with my Master's!!!! :clap:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

I need like 7-8 more people to take my cereal survey for one of my classes.
If anyone has like 3 minutes.

https://www.esurveycreator.com/s/9cfb6ef
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on August 21, 2018, 09:28:41 PMDoes it count if I do it twice?

lol no. It won't let you do it twice. It will tell you that you've already taken the survey.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

I usually don't take em, but I did this time. That should completely throw off any thought of a consensus. :lol

I've done nothing worthwhile this evening,

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 21, 2018, 09:24:26 PMI need like 7-8 more people to take my cereal survey for one of my classes.
If anyone has like 3 minutes.

https://www.esurveycreator.com/s/9cfb6ef

I took it for ya.

Morning all!

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Bah.
Once again, I am reminded that in spite of my best efforts, I am not a morning person...

MsJennJenn

Thanks guys lol. I'm up to 19! We had to have at least 15, but no more than 20. So I'm closing the survey. woot!
Just compiled my data. My eyes are crossing.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 22, 2018, 03:54:31 PMBah.
Once again, I am reminded that in spite of my best efforts, I am not a morning person...
I remember a Noob the Loser comic about that. I can't link to it because it's halfway down a long facebook page, so I'll recreate it here. The following conversation is between a husband and wife.

MAN: "Setting the alarm for 5am. Time to become a morning person!"
WOMAN: "Hmmm..."
MAN: "What? You don't think I can do it? I WILL become a morning person. You'll see!"
WOMAN: "Uh huh."

(next morning, early)
MAN: "Ah, getting up at 5am, ready to take on the day! (oh holy *Oh my, I need to improve my vocabulary* I feel terrible)

(later that morning, wife gets up)
MAN: "Well look who finally got up, sleepyhead! While you have been sleeping the day away, I have been experiencing life."
WOMAN: "Mm-hmm. Want to go back to bed for a bit?"
MAN: "Oh yes please, life is so very bad!"
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Well howdy do!

It took a couple hours between yesterday and today, on and off reading, but I waded thru two threads dated as far back as June 3rd and read EVERY PAGE to make sure I got caught up with you guys!

Happy Im back now?

I have a few things to say...:

NOT FAIR that Roscoe got to meet Baby Bobby and get a surprise Chel visit. I have NOT met the baby, AND its been over four years since Ive seen Chel!!

And Roscoe said that his new camper was "tall enough to stand up in"...thats not saying much considering the source. *cough*

Glad to see Seth posting. :smirk2:

Too much rain and WAY too much HOT here.

Soft cookies all the way! And I love lemon oreos! Yummy!

I have missed yall, I just wasnt feeling like posting and replying and all for awhile. Dont really have a reason.

Im good.

Very very good.

Got a new job dropped into my lap. Like for real real. Total God-thing. Had to sit at Walmart cause my friend's a/c was broke and instead of having her kids(5) and her and her husband all cramped in my house, we just hung out and let the kids roam WM while we sat in Burger King until the sun went down and they could go back home. Ran into an old (backslidden) friend at BK, and she asked if I knew anyone who needed a job...I was like "ME!!" and she told me her place of work was hiring. They start at $1.25 more than I was making with oppertuinities for more money, benifits, and advancement in the future if you stay with them.

Its exactly the kind of place I worked in Florida back when I first found GP. A retirement home. Out of the kitchen, doing CNA type work, but not actually being a CNA. Its awesome!

Anyway, I applied and within a week, I got the job, and within two weeks, after background checks and drug test and physical, I started working! Totally God!

I didnt quit Burger King totally yet. As much as I hated that place, my whole attitude changed about it now that I have a new job. I work longer hours now, and have more days off so on some of my off days, I still go in to BK.

I just got a text today from my boss and she was saying she would like to offer me more hours...she was checking to see if that was ok! Yay!

Things are going great and I am happy.

As a plus side, the hallways are long at my new job, and I have to walk and walk and walk all day long. Pushing wheelchairs and answering call lights and just walking all day. The first three days I worked I was about dead. I was not used to walking. Leg cramps and general hurting and exhaustion. So I prayed and told God, He gave me that job, He is gonna have to help me walk and not kill my legs..and the very next day I was fine.

Got me a step tracking app on my phone and I am averaging 4-5 miles a day!!! Just working!

The PLUS side to that is, without changing anything else, just walking, since the 3rd of August, I have lost NINE POUNDS! I am not dieting, just walking and working.

I may actually go on a diet soon. Just because.

Anyway. Im back. Ill post more often.

Im sleepy now and I guess I'll go to bed.

Oh...I ate liver and onions tonight. And enjoyed  it.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Howdy Mel.

That is a very good point about Bobby's trailer, a point I had not previously considered.
"Do you sing at church?"