News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm making chocolate chip cookies for my Houston kiddos.

Roscoe

We snuck over and had dinner with Mini and Chellebelle. Gonna camp out here until tomorrow, and go to A to Z, a several store fleamarket here in van buren.  Gonna sleep in and just putter our way home..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Why do I look so much younger than these other 2? :hypocrite:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Holy carp in a can! Don't DO that to me!

My internet is slow (because I already blew through the high speed data for the month) and I hit "New" on this thread and turned to do something on the other computer while this thread was loading... then I turned back to look at this computer and those three guys were staring at me!

I'm going to have to get some more breakfast. The milk in my cereal just curdled.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on February 17, 2018, 12:35:15 PMHoly carp in a can! Don't DO that to me!

My internet is slow (because I already blew through the high speed data for the month) and I hit "New" on this thread and turned to do something on the other computer while this thread was loading... then I turned back to look at this computer and those three guys were staring at me!

I'm going to have to get some more breakfast. The milk in my cereal just curdled.
That IS kinda scary. Lol

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

We miss ya too, Mel. And we is here where ya left us...

We just got in a bit ago. Took all day puttering home. Gonna lay around tomorrow...then on my day off Monday, I'll grout the hallway and if the knees allow it, lay a bit more tile. After I get done with it, I'll post a pic here. I'm hoping to have the living room done within the next week or so.
 Then I can switch projects and get Rusty back on the road..

The Purple Fuzzy

Waiting on a new grandson to be born. Probably tomorrow.

Roscoe

Fuzzy's family is obeying the Word-they is definitely going forth and multiplying. :ugly:

Had good church tonight. We went to Conway with the intention of getting the grout I need for tomorrow, so I wouldn't have to drive in. Lowe's closed, contradictory to their website, an hour before I got there. Lou and I went to iHOP though, so all was not lost.

taco_harvell

Still fighting the flu. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow this junk won't give up.

Isaac, you're so welcome for that work of art!

Roscoe

Got the grouting on what I have mortared down done, more cut and laid out, and more mortared down. Doing it a few pieces at a time. I'll get it finished eventually

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Morning, all. Back at work after a work filled 4 day weekend. It's dreary and wet...

mini

Urgh.

Im here, not fully awake, and would like a few more days off.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

We got home from St Louis with the SS kiddos around 7:30-8pm on Sunday. Ran home, grabbed some stuff, and drove over to Paducah for the night. We had an 8:40am appointment at the endodontist for Jeremy. They only did one of the root canals AND it was the re-treatment one, so he didn't even have to have any pain meds which saved me moolah! haha.. He said it was probably the best experience so far at a dentist, LOL. He has to go see his regular dentist within 30 days to get the permanent filling on that, and then he has some other work at his regular dentist that we need to schedule for the same day. I'll be glad when that's all settled for a while! Also will be glad when he can get regular dental insurance! He's eligible for the "good" dental insurance after a year. The regular only covers xrays and cleanings, which is still helpful!

We traipsed around in Paducah for half the day after that, then I had to drop by work to submit a pay application, but then we carried on into Carbondale to find him a new wallet. We got him a new pair of work shoes while we were in Paducah. It rained so much on Saturday that when he got him - his shoes smelled like really nasty stagnant lake water. I really almost got sick from it LOL. We washed them immediately, but they needed replaced anyway, so he'll keep those for a backup on a dry day! haha..

I think it's supposed to rain for like.. the next 40 days and nights here. I might need a boat.. haha.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on February 20, 2018, 04:56:40 PMI think it's supposed to rain for like.. the next 40 days and nights here. I might need a boat.. haha.
Good grief. Here too. It's been pouring since I got out of bed.  :nono:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

taco_harvell

Got results from a DNA kit Elona bought me that is an "Origins DNA" kit. It tells you where the oldest DNA in you is from. I'm basically 70% Viking and my DNA shows up all the way through Greenland so it's likely some of my family were the first to land in New Foundland in Canada.Also, we are the Vikings who settled eastern England and Scotland

Then, Gangis Kahns Mongol blood made 6.1%, India 5%, Basque Country 6%, Isreal 2.2% but specifically coming out of Syria moving north, in other words, one of the "Lost tribes''. Then a bunch of .1 or .01 stuff.

Interesting, but I want to do the ancestry test now with more modern statistics.

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 21, 2018, 10:58:34 AMGot results from a DNA kit Elona bought me that is an "Origins DNA" kit. It tells you where the oldest DNA in you is from. I'm basically 70% Viking and my DNA shows up all the way through Greenland so it's likely some of my family were the first to land in New Foundland in Canada.Also, we are the Vikings who settled eastern England and Scotland

Then, Gangis Kahns Mongol blood made 6.1%, India 5%, Basque Country 6%, Isreal 2.2% but specifically coming out of Syria moving north, in other words, one of the "Lost tribes''. Then a bunch of .1 or .01 stuff.

Interesting, but I want to do the ancestry test now with more modern statistics.
I've wanted the ancestry kit for a while. Also want to join Ancestry.com as a paid member too, but hate to spend the money.

And in sharing, it's flippin' raining here too. I'm so tired of it. Everything is flooded, and in addition to this, as I live in the country and my septic tank is underwater, the toilet doesn't work. And it's supposed to do this mess all week. :pound:

Lynx

Eeewww! Bobby if your septic tank is underwater do NOT let Chey go splash in the big puddle out back! :p
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

No doubt. Totally over the rain. If God returned to watering the earth via a mist at night, ala before Noah, I wouldn't complain.
I spent a bit of time extra at work this evening, getting stuff straight, then went to church. I'll get back to crackin' on the floor job tomorrow night. I look forward to the day that I have all of my projects caught up and can spend a day driving Rusty on the backroads.

taco_harvell

It was sunny and almost ˚80 today.

Saw pain management today my non-narcotic designer pain med is unavailable because the factory where it was made was in Puerto Rico and was basically knocked offline in Hurricane Maria. No clue when the meds will be available again.  They're switching me to something else for who knows how long...

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm so glad to be home. I love seeing the kids & grandkids but my own bed & shower is so nice!

Roscoe

It needs to be sunny and 80 here. But at least it isn't raining. So I'll take every little plus that I can. And in sharing- I'm glad my office is at the back of the building, in the corner, all to myself. I can sit back here and let any drama flow by without me getting enmeshed in it..