News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Same here. And everyone has disappeared here in GP-Land. :pound: My wife brought her nephew home last night. Sometimes I could choke her. It has been nonstop rattling since he walked in. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

That is a lot of tile. Good grief. I'm over here struggling to find tile I can afford for 26 sq feet to redo my kitchen backsplash lol. 

In other news  I've had 3 sick calls since 5am to cover, pretty sure I messed up someone's vacation request, and I poured my cereal into my water cup instead of the bowl. 

Greaaaaattt Monday :roll: 
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi: Currently surrounded by every supervisor in our area. They are getting ready for audit time and have descended on my paradise with a vengeance. I need to find somewhere to go. Like a jail. WHY won't one of my assigned boneheads get in trouble today, when I need them too?????
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Morning.

I'm a grump today.  Apparently the ghost pepper wings for lunch yesterday were a bad idea. They came back in the form of acid reflux at 10 pm last night. Ugh.

Anyhoo...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Nelle

Guess who is finally done with their year-end paperwork for work?! ME!! Now I get to forward it to the CPA (who will be in our office Thurs/Fri this week) and they will for sure have questions.. haha

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on February 13, 2018, 06:28:05 PMGuess who is finally done with their year-end paperwork for work?! ME!! Now I get to forward it to the CPA (who will be in our office Thurs/Fri this week) and they will for sure have questions.. haha
Year end- and we is only halfway through the second month of the new year. :ugly:
Where is everybody??? Ya'll have been as silent as the tomb the last few days, and I ain't likin' it one bit......

The Purple Fuzzy

I went to see Chel yesterday & she kept me busy all day. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 14, 2018, 12:32:07 AMI went to see Chel yesterday & she kept me busy all day. ;)
You pretended to be a preacher and slaughtered some chickens, didn't ya?  :freaky2:

Well. Made it through the day. Two more to go then a four day weekend. Went and bought some things I discovered I needed for the tile job. Church tomorrow night, then Thursday night that  floor job begins in earnest.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 12, 2018, 04:05:42 PM:hi: Currently surrounded by every supervisor in our area. They are getting ready for audit time and have descended on my paradise with a vengeance. I need to find somewhere to go. Like a jail. WHY won't one of my assigned boneheads get in trouble today, when I need them too?????
When you NEED them to? The supervisors need to see you handling an active case? Or you need them to cause trouble so you can have an excuse to get out of the office?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 14, 2018, 08:30:31 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 12, 2018, 04:05:42 PM:hi: Currently surrounded by every supervisor in our area. They are getting ready for audit time and have descended on my paradise with a vengeance. I need to find somewhere to go. Like a jail. WHY won't one of my assigned boneheads get in trouble today, when I need them too?????
When you NEED them to? The supervisors need to see you handling an active case? Or you need them to cause trouble so you can have an excuse to get out of the office?
I needed an excuse to get out of the hostile work environment known as my office staffed by supervisors.
I survived though. Currently trying to figure out the best way to keep the munchkin and wife off of the hall floor (leading to the bathroom) while the mortar is drying this weekend. May load them up Friday night and head for a motel for the night and come back Saturday. This will put me behind on my goal of getting the tile job done, but if I can get the hallway finished, we can pretty much live without going into the living room for a week or so.
 And I'm back at work, where the equivalent of my days' pay is going to a windshield replacement company to fix Lou's cracked windshield. That and the air fryer she wanted, is her valentine's present. Romantic- no, probably not. But practical. And what she wanted..

Nelle

Now don't tell yourself that buying her what she wants isn't romantic. Know why? Because active listening IS romantic! LOL..

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Nelle on February 14, 2018, 07:12:15 PMNow don't tell yourself that buying her what she wants isn't romantic. Know why? Because active listening IS romantic! LOL..

Amen!

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 14, 2018, 08:41:24 PM
Quote from: Nelle on February 14, 2018, 07:12:15 PMNow don't tell yourself that buying her what she wants isn't romantic. Know why? Because active listening IS romantic! LOL..

Amen!
Agree!

Quote from: Roscoe on February 14, 2018, 03:20:22 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 14, 2018, 12:32:07 AMI went to see Chel yesterday & she kept me busy all day. ;)
You pretended to be a preacher and slaughtered some chickens, didn't ya?  :freaky2:

Well. Made it through the day. Two more to go then a four day weekend. Went and bought some things I discovered I needed for the tile job. Church tomorrow night, then Thursday night that  floor job begins in earnest.

Nope- but they made me all kinds of food to eat the rest of the week and fixed my cabinets for me! So thankful! I had a different set of friends who came over and processed the chickens with Robbie and I was so thankful for that too!

Roscoe

I have not even had any caffeine this morning. I look for inspiration and uplifting words from a minister, with a single word plea for help- "urgh". I got called a bum, informed I had 17 days off after this one (news to me), and called - in a deriding manner-a typical government employee. :sadbounce:

I. AM. CRUSHED.  I need chocolate and Dr Pepper to console myself, and I have none.

On the other hand, it IS my Friday and I DO get four days off. The downside, of course, is that I have that infernal tile job that has the house looking like an atomic bomb exploded to do...and the state needs to get off its butt and release my refund, the fat crooks.

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on February 15, 2018, 02:01:20 PMI have not even had any caffeine this morning. I look for inspiration and uplifting words from a minister, with a single word plea for help- "urgh". I got called a bum, informed I had 17 days off after this one (news to me), and called - in a deriding manner-a typical government employee. :sadbounce:

I. AM. CRUSHED.  I need chocolate and Dr Pepper to console myself, and I have none.

On the other hand, it IS my Friday and I DO get four days off. The downside, of course, is that I have that infernal tile job that has the house looking like an atomic bomb exploded to do...and the state needs to get off its butt and release my refund, the fat crooks.

Sounds like that minister was trying to speak truth into your life.

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Been fighting the flu since last Tuesday this is the worst go round I can remember...

It's going around bad in this area.

taco_harvell

Anyone know the link to update my profile? The one that says it does takes you to godaddy to buy the old domain.

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on February 15, 2018, 03:58:45 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 15, 2018, 02:01:20 PMI have not even had any caffeine this morning. I look for inspiration and uplifting words from a minister, with a single word plea for help- "urgh". I got called a bum, informed I had 17 days off after this one (news to me), and called - in a deriding manner-a typical government employee. :sadbounce:

Sounds like that minister was trying to speak truth into your life.

The devil a lie. He was being mean and snarky. Don't defend that wretch.

And Taco, I don't know. I can access mine, just by the pulldowns on the top left side of my screen.

MsJennJenn

Sleepy :z:

Early morning at IHOP with the bosses. We were there from like 9:30 to like almost 2 haha.

Head aches.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

I am feeling like nelle- almost have the year end paperwork on my end wrapped up. Meeting next tues to finalize it... trying to get done before then!

Roscoe

Hallway tile mortared  down. Got the first three rows of the living room laid out and ready for mortar before my knees demanded a break..