News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Chocolate gravy is gross. Doesn't even sound good. Puke. 
Still rainy here. Rained all day yesterday almost. Rained all morning. It's currently not....but who knows how long that will last. 
Thunder woke me up this morning. 
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on February 22, 2018, 10:04:50 PMThats the way people who like chocolate gravy are. 

:ugly:
:pound: The drama folks wouldn't eat chocolate gravy if ya gave it to them. The old hands like me that know to stay clear, we eat all of it we can find- in the privacy of our sweet, drama free offices. :lol:
Rain. Again. I grouted another section of tile.. and got the unwelcome news that a man who I grew up listening to sing, and worship God, who had backslidden a few years ago, had passed away today.
I spoke with him a few months ago, told him it was about time to come home to church. He agreed, said he would...never did. Now..it's too late.

Breaks my heart. He was only 56.  He sang on par with Kenny Hinson in my book. And I've watched him run the backs of the pews with his eyes closed while worshipping. To see yet another piece of my childhood slip away...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

It rained here so much a couple a weeks ago, I thought we may need an ark. But this past week has been cloudy with no rain. Lots of sun in between and its been hot and breezy.

I had my cookout finally, and it was supposed to rain, but never did! Yay!

It's HOT today. I came home and was relaxing in my chair and dozed off, and I woke up drenched in sweat. Had to turn on the air full blast just to get comfortable.

My roommate is gone for the night, staying with a friend and she took her stupid dog with her. Thank God! I have the air cranked now, and don't have to listen or deal with her whiny mutt.

Tomorrow is taco day in our house. Yum.

Goodnight.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

dnr1128

I can't sleep.  Need to be sleeping, but it escapes me. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

sunlight

I had a hard time sleeping last night too. Had to have steroids due to some complications and it kept me awake all night! Maybe a nap today?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

My cell phone went off this morning with one of those alerts for a "flash flood emergency". Thankfully we were high & dry.

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 23, 2018, 02:33:59 PMMy cell phone went off this morning with one of those alerts for a "flash flood emergency". Thankfully we were high.

:eek!:

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:laughhard: Several of my peeps can say that Fuzzy..."Thankfully, we were high." I'm at work, where I have already completed paperwork to capture one of my peeps that is avoiding me.
The rain has stopped for now, but it's supposed to start again. Calling for rain all week...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

I probably should have passed that one up...but I didn't.

Nelle

I loooove chocolate gravy. My granny made it best, but my mom does a pretty great job too! Jeremy kinda knows how.. I suppose I should try to learn how too.

Sitting here eating lunch. Only a few hours until I'm off for the weekend!! I'm sooooooooooooooooo glad to have tomorrow off!!

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on February 23, 2018, 06:04:31 PMI loooove chocolate gravy. My granny made it best, but my mom does a pretty great job too! Jeremy kinda knows how.. I suppose I should try to learn how too.

Sitting here eating lunch. Only a few hours until I'm off for the weekend!! I'm sooooooooooooooooo glad to have tomorrow off!!

My mama made it awesome. Thick, not that thin syrup stuff some folks call chocolate gravy. That and her light and fluffy cathead buttermilk biscuits are two things I watched her make for a lifetime, wish I could have one more day to watch, and can't make to save my life.
My sister Kim can come close on both- nearly exact on the gravy.

I am totally ready for the weekend, even if I DO have plans to work most of it at the house.

And Fuzz- I am weak. I let Germ lead me into that. And I let coworkers drag me to a Mexican place, knowing on both counts that 1) You were gonna beat me and 2) The Mexican food is going to assault me as well.
Peer pressure is rough on me.

MelodyB

Y'all, I have only had chocolate gravy once, and I loved it. I never made it myself, until tonight. I had a serious craving since everyone was talking about it here. I needed that chocolate in a bad way.

BAD.

So I looked up a recipe and made it.

Whoa.

Mine was even better than the stuff I had at my friends house. And I had a banana and sliced it up and covered it with gravy too... incredible!

I am full, fat and sleepy.

Yes, Lord.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

Hey Roscoe... how's that Mexican food treating you? :halo:

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on February 24, 2018, 02:31:46 PMHey Roscoe... how's that Mexican food treating you? :halo:
Shut up Isaac, shut up Isaac, shut up Isaac, shut...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

My father in law passed away this morning.

Baby last week funeral this week. I guess it's the circle of life.

mini

Roscoe

Sorry to hear Fuzz.

And Chel, it actually didn't kill me this time. I may have found a Mexican food place I can actually eat.

And in sharing, I need to repent, because right now, if there is someone praying for rain, I am wishing for them a violent demise. They GOTTA either quit, or be more accurate with WHERE they want this mess. It is raining again. I am at a tile job standstill because of it, because I have no place to set furniture. I have to wait another 24 hours before I can grout my last-laid tile, then another twelve hours or so before I can move furniture onto it so I can do the rest of the room.

So I'm sitting in a room that looks like an atomic bomb exploded, reading a book. I look lazy. And it irritates me 'cause I want this done!!

sunlight

Robbie said to just move the vette and rusty and you would have plenty of room... lol

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on February 24, 2018, 09:45:14 PMRobbie said to just move the vette and rusty and you would have plenty of room... lol
LOL. Corvette is currently out in the weather- because Rusty is on ramps, occupying the entire shop, with a steering column halfway in, a result of me having to replace parts, but had to order unexpected parts before completing. In short- I is outta room.

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on February 24, 2018, 09:48:48 PM
Quote from: sunlight on February 24, 2018, 09:45:14 PMRobbie said to just move the vette and rusty and you would have plenty of room... lol
LOL. Corvette is currently out in the weather- because Rusty is on ramps, occupying the entire shop, with a steering column halfway in, a result of me having to replace parts, but had to order unexpected parts before completing. In short- I is outta room.

I would tell you what he said... but he was just the pot calling the kettle black so I didn't post his response... (something about finishing one project before you start another one...) lol

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on February 26, 2018, 05:14:01 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 24, 2018, 09:48:48 PM

I would tell you what he said... but he was just the pot calling the kettle black so I didn't post his response... (something about finishing one project before you start another one...) lol
Ain't nobody got time for dat. :ugly:

Morning all. Got a call a few ago waking me up to tell me that the local pd had gotten in a pursuit with one of my worst headaches. Finally got her stopped to discover she had cocaine, beer and numerous other illegal substances with her, she resisted- oh, and she had her 8 month old along for the ride. Yeah, she went directly to jail and did not pass go. I look forward to this violation report and pray the parole board issues a warrant. I have no sympathy for anyone that endangers the life of a baby like that.

mini

I'm upset about that too.  But not for the reason you think.

You see, she had the nerve to get arrested, thus resulting in a call that obviously woke you up early.

And as anyone who has met you can attest, you need all the beauty sleep you can get.

Her sinfulness has resulted in a plight for the rest of mankind.