News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 06, 2018, 10:25:47 PMI've got a nephew I'd like to send to you, Roscoe.

Thanks, but no thanks. LOL

I got quite the surprise this afternoon. When I hired in two years ago, they mentioned that the goal was for the caseloads to be around 80 to 90 offenders per officer.  I've had in the 125 to 160+ range for the majority of this time, at one time topping 170 with 24 sex offenders, which are supposed to be their own caseload. Recently they put another officer position in my office. Claimed he was going to get the sex offenders and case numbers were going down. They did some shuffling and today I was notified that it was done.
I now have around 85 to 90 offenders. I won't know what to do with myself. I'll have a ton of free time now!! LOL

<Cliff Notes> Somebody else has most of my problem chillun. And I be glad.  :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I got called by AZ today if I could possibly come in and drive tomorrow 8-5. I said yes! Then she called me back about 40 minutes later and asked if I could just go ahead and come in today. So I got in just over 5 hours today. Also, she has already tacked on 5+ hours on Thursday. Also, I got the official go-ahead that my skirts were ok. It's nice to a contributing member of society again however my dog is super bummed I'm not home with her all day.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

Bro. Damesworth is a wonderful preacher! We had him up here just last fall!

I tried to file my taxes last week. If you're on my Facebook, you saw that it was an epic fail. I did file my federal, but the State of Illinois decided to change the income tax % in July of last year. It was 3.75% Jan-Jun and then 4.95% July-Dec. When we file our taxes, they decided to do a blended rate since obviously they wouldn't get enough if they left it alone. (LOL) Jeremy's unemployment checks had 4.95% state withheld from them, so H&R Block wouldn't let me file our state since some form wasn't ready yet that apparently deals with this issue of differing percentages. It's frustrating, but hopefully someone will have come up with this form by the expected date of Feb 16th, and I'll be able to file that as well. If nothing changes, I don't completely mind - since I'm somehow getting a refund from them.

Jeremy had been having some teeth pain (like swelling, extreme sensitivity, etc) - this is the story of when we went to the ER last week. Well,  he went to the dentist on Friday and was referred to an endodontist in Paducah. We finally figured out a date (thanks to my momma's smart self) that Jeremy is off work for a holiday (not sure if it's paid LOL) and can go get this work done! I'm also thankful that a dentist several years ago gave me info on CareCredit. I use that for our dental bills since we don't have dental insurance. It has come in QUITE handy. I love that it has promotional financing so that I can pay off a smaller balance in 6 months with no interest. I also have a version of that for my car (Car Care One). Anyway, I'm hoping that his issues are taken care of for the most part that day since he has to possibly get one new root canal and a retreatment of an old root canal. The only bad thing is that after that, we have to go back to his regular dentist so they can do a treatment of his gums. He has ridiculously bad teeth/gums (hereditary - his grandpa has dentures and his dad should). Glad we were able to time that with his day off work so that he doesn't have to miss. I cannot wait until this 90 day probation for new hire is up! lol

We got ice last night up here. We know to be careful on the porches obviously, but the gravel in our driveway about nailed me today LOL. Thankfully neither of us actually fell.

MJJ - I've never been to the Bahamas, but just thinking about it made me warmer, LOL. You'll have to share some pictures with us of your time there!

WOOHOO Heather! I'm glad you were able to get started early. Glad you were also able to help your momma. Hope she's getting better!

Policia (LOL) - That's great that something you were promised finally came to fruition! Yay!! Less problem kids!! Yay!! It stinks for those people tho, because they're losing what could be the best positive voice in their lives - even if they were unwilling to listen! Glad for you tho! Less stress is always happily accepted haha.

I don't think I've said it yet - but congrats on the baby, Chel & Fuzz! That's so exciting!

Roscoe

Whew. Reading Nelle's post was like running through Starbucks chugging expressos. :ugly:

I know all about hereditary bad teeth. Best thing I ever did was having them pulled and getting dentures.
And in sharing I am totally ticked at my bank. They changed their online banking "to better serve our customers". Used to if you entered the wrong password it would lock you out, but there was a link you could click, answer security questions and reset passwords. And they weren't case sensitive.
 Now they are, and there's no link. I've been locked out of my account and I am not happy.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

okieoliveoyl

just stopping in to say hi and make roscoe happy.  :laughhard:
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

mini

Okie...

Reminds me of a question on my ask mini thread. 

Do you have any sisters?

I have one, commonly known as Okieoliveoyl or some other name on here.  She, according to legend, is meaner than most female bears, bald, covered in tattoos, and spending her life in prison for petty larceny, arson, and confetti.  At least thats my story.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Having met my sister at least once in my life, I can attest with at least 62.3% accuracy that this is true about her...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on February 07, 2018, 07:27:13 PMHaving met my sister at least once in my life, I can attest with at least 62.3% accuracy that this is true about her...
At the risk of annoying an adopted sister, I shall agree with my adopted brother here. :hypocrite:

okieoliveoyl

Quote from: mini on February 07, 2018, 07:24:18 PMOkie...

Reminds me of a question on my ask mini thread. 

Do you have any sisters?

I have one, commonly known as Okieoliveoyl or some other name on here.  She, according to legend, is meaner than most female bears, bald, covered in tattoos, and spending her life in prison for petty larceny, arson, and confetti.  At least thats my story.

I am known as Okieoliveoyl.... all of the rest is in reference to my brothers (adopted or not).   I am the good one in the bunch.  The maker of cookies and white dip.  Not to be ate at the same time.  I am mother to three varmints. . . they are related to their uncle.  I'm pretty sure I'm paying for his raising.
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on February 07, 2018, 01:32:47 PMMJJ - I've never been to the Bahamas, but just thinking about it made me warmer, LOL. You'll have to share some pictures with us of your time there!
I've been to the main island Nassau in 2016. This time we're going to a much smaller island called Spanish Wells. It doesn't even have cars. Only golf carts haha. We will also be very close (a $4 water taxi ride away) from Eleuthera (which is where we're flying in) and they have the glass house bridge - where one side is the Atlantic dark blue ocean and the other side of the bridge is the Caribbean crystal clear turquoise waters! SO STOKED.

A solid 85 degrees every day. The ocean breeze blowing around you. We have our own house on the beach with our own private beach.

Cannot.
Wait.
83 days.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Got the unwelcome news at around 4pm that I needed to preach tonight due to pastor being out of town and new associate pastor being at the hospital with one of his kids. This left me with about an hour between work and church, and nothing prepared. Taught a "rerun" from 3 or 4 years ago. Went okay, I guess. No barn burner though.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

I need a new brain please. Mine isn't working right at the moment...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on February 08, 2018, 11:30:04 PMI need a new brain please. Mine isn't working right at the moment...
Use Robbie's. He's a man, which means he ain't using it at least 75 percent of the time. :P

Everybody steppin' in here and waving... 
So glad it's nearly the end of the weekend...

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on February 09, 2018, 01:12:05 AMSo glad it's nearly the end of the weekend...

It's the end of the weekend?!?  And why are you glad?!?!

Man, I missed church!!!

mini

Well, the good news is that its Friday in Oklahoma.  Sorry you have to work for the next 5 days straight over in Arkansas.  Hope you enjoy your Monday Roscoe.

:ugly:

Roscoe

Er. Apparently I was so overcome by the work I've been doing I mistyped. (A less honest man would use his mod powers to fix that and act innocent. Not I) Glad it is FRIDAY.
I'm going to Harbor Freight and pick up some things tonight. Lou doesn't know. :ugly:

Nelle

I am almost near the end of my worksheets! I will try to get it all done today, but realistically - I'll probably finish tomorrow. I told Jeremy that I need some stress relief in the form of TJ Maxx. :) I still love shopping there even after working in one for 5 years, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on February 09, 2018, 01:38:20 PMEr. Apparently I was so overcome by the work I've been doing I mistyped. (A less honest man would use his mod powers to fix that and act innocent. Not I) Glad it is FRIDAY.
I'm going to Harbor Freight and pick up some things tonight. Lou doesn't know. :ugly:
I texted you a link to coupons from Harbor Freight.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 09, 2018, 01:38:20 PMEr. Apparently I was so overcome by the work I've been doing I mistyped. (A less honest man would use his mod powers to fix that and act innocent. Not I) Glad it is FRIDAY.
Hmm, let's see if I can find that phone number again...

Nah, I wouldn't rat a brother out. Besides I'm too lazy to hunt the number up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 09, 2018, 07:00:25 PM
Hmm, let's see if I can find that phone number again...

Nah, I wouldn't rat a brother out. Besides I'm too lazy to hunt the number up.
:pound:
 She'll know anyway. Ain't no way I'll get that close to a thrift store without her.
 And thanks a ton, Fuzzy. Got crazy busy and couldn't text back, but thanks

Roscoe

Kinda cool and wet out here today. Went and borrowed a friend's dually to go pick up the tile, as it was very heavy and I wasn't sure if my little truck would do it. Bought $800 bucks of tile, the went and bought the week's lunch meat and hamburger, as well as picking up the one thing Lou and I had agreed on with the tax money spending- an air fryer. Gonna try it out tonight.
I really SHOULD get up and start taking up the laminate we are replacing, but my get up and go- it done got up and went, without me.

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy