News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Wore slap out. Will post more later...

Well. I'll just modify this instead of typing a new post. :P
Been a busy week. Uncle Ron came down and we enjoyed our usual running around/drooling at the carshow. Wasn't very many Dr Peppers drank though. We shifted mainly to bottled water because it was so hot.
Then Chellebelle, Germ, and family came over Friday. We started off by going to my favorite hidden campsite I spoke of and spent a couple hours in the water....AFTER Germ and I chased down the women. Apparently, Ole Rusty drug the camper quite well and at some point we got ahead of them a bit. When we turned off the paved highway, they didn't see us and we watched as they sailed by, oblivious to us. We chased them up hills and around curves, dragging the camper for about 5 miles.. :biglaugh:
 But when we got back to the campsite we had an amazing time. I was semi-threatened  by Chellebelle though. I'm pretty sure the only way to take it was a threat. Or a warning.... :o  Germ began talking about building a teardrop like mine for Sam and camping in general, and I heard.."ROSCOE! First it was old trucks, then radios....and NOW..."  :pound:
I get the distinct impression that Sasquatch has successfully transferred the blame for HIS hobbies onto my back, although I'm innocent as usual. :hypocrite:

We all had a blast though, and the guys went back after the carshow yesterday and played in the stream couple miles up the road, where we found a swimming hole so deep Germ couldn't touch the bottom. Cold,clear mountain streams...ah, they're awesome.
Maybe Germ will post some pics...if he doesn't I'll try to upload some...

I just can't believe the week is already over. :sadbounce: Now I'll spend the next two weeks getting caught up.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I'm still full of boogers and coughing.

My sister is coming up today so we are all congregating at my parents for Father's Day.

Dad has chemo this week.

Brandon's car is still tore up but we have ordered the part.

Hux is gone home and I'm pretty sure Whisk has done nothing but sleep since he went home yesterday.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Made it through the first day back. Incredibly busy. Cody came over tonight and got the Corvette back on the road.Tomorrow, I'll spend time cleaning the yard up after work...finally.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 21, 2016, 01:19:52 AMWhat's up Mel?

I'm just having blah days. I get up and go to work and come home and eat and sleep and get up and go to work...I miss my Mom so bad. She was so aggravating...but I had something in. My life to DO, to take care of...a purpose really. Without my parents to take care of, I feel so lost and alone. I mean I'm taking care of ME, and I'm doing ok, so far, but I just feel BLAH.

I like my job, but with the hours I'm getting I'm just barely gonna survive, and I don't want that. I don't know wether to try to find another and switch jobs again so soon, or stick it out and hope that my hours will bump up like she promised me in the first place.

This may sound selfish, but what I would really like is a husband who had a GOOD job that could support both of us and I could stay home and take care of the house and have dinner ready and spoil him.

I would spoil him so much! Lol

My ultimate goal or dream is to be a stay at home housewife/mother. But it really doesn't look like that's ever gonna happen. Even if there was a man come along...idk if I can trust him after the Allen mess. I loved him and I was sure (and so was my Pastor and others) that we were perfect for each other, and we really were, HE was the one who stepped out of the will of God and went astray. If he hadn't, we would still be together.

So how can I trust that won't happen again.

Ok...too deep and personal for 3am. I gotta get ready for work. Lol

I'm ok. Just say a prayer for me.

Lynx

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about."

- C. Kingsley

Mel are you saying you don't have anything in life to be enthusiastic about?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Not exactly. I'm happy that I can survive on my own again...even though up till now I've had help. I really don't know how to explain how I feel. I've just been blah. That's the best I got to explain.

Gonna try to go to the college this afternoon after work and talk to financial aid and check out class requirements.

Maybe if I get a busier routine and get to school I won't have time for the Blahs.

On break at work now. I wish I could change the channel on the TV...but we are only allowed to watch ESPN, CNN or TWC. And the guys around here would really be upset if I changed it from ESPN since its Final Four week. That's all they talk about around here. Lebron Lebron Lebron.

Lol

Roscoe

:hi:
Morning,all. Today I'm thankful for my bonus that will be on this paycheck. Very timely, since I spent $400 this morning for tires....but that'll outfit the 'vette for a year or so, and fix the tire that died on the teardrop.
So much to do...
 Hope everyone has a great day, we're gonna sweat to death here. Maybe over 100 degrees.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on June 21, 2016, 01:15:11 PMI really don't know how to explain how I feel. I've just been blah. That's the best I got to explain.

I understand being able to not explain it completely Melbs. I'm with you! :hug:

School sounds like it could be a good plan though. I really don't see any reason as to why they would deny you aid. Let me know how it goes!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

I am not able to get financial aid for the CNA classes I want to take, not because of me, but because they don't cover those classes. Plus they are at the other college about an hour and a half away...and I need $600 to pay for it.

I'm currently trying to find another way. There are other places that offer the classes/certification, I just have to find them.

The college was little to no help today. :smirk2:

SippinTea

Lynx

Lebron? Isn't that the country that sells oil to the USA? Or is that the country where they had all those protests over the national budget?

Just kidding of course. Even I know Lebron is a guy in sports. I'm not sure what kind of sports, but some kind.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Mel-if you believe me or not, I seriously hadn't even read any of this before I called you today.  :cool:  [and ps it was the NBA Finals. Final Four is college basketball generally in March]

Dad had his 1st day of chemo for this round today. All his bloodwork came back great again. We have 2 more days.

My hair is no longer pink. I'll miss it but I will NOT miss the upkeep. I'm actually back to what I remember my natural color to be. We'll see if my memory still serves me in a few weeks when my roots pop out. lol.

Roscoe

I am totally not haing a stellar morning. Slept poorly last night with weird dreams that I don't remember, just that they were weird. Then I had to look for my keys for 45 minutes before discovering they were on the guest bed, under some clothes I need to hang up. Bah. On top of that, I just feel kinda cruddy today. :pound: and it's church night, which I need no doubt, but will have to push myself to make it..

Heather

It's been a bad day. Dad has had a bad day. Mom was cranky. Brandon has been in a foul mood. I'm calling it a night because we get to do chemo again tomorrow. I'm so glad I took Friday off too.

The Purple Fuzzy

Did everyone melt? Where are y'all?

MelodyB

Roscoe

I've been exceedingly busy at work. No time to do much more than pop in here in the mornings before all hades breaks loose. I usually keep godplace open in the background, but not much time to comment.:-/

Roscoe

:hi: Morning all. Thank GOD it is Friday.  Gonna take it easy and do some much needed work and lounging around the house, then Saturday night we have a youth service at church. Glad that this is a "no plans" weekend. The last couple weeks have been booked....
 And in sharing, I hate some people. Someone hacked one of our seldom used cards that we have been trying to pay off. Fortunantly the card company declined it because it was from an area that I don't frequent, for $770. Then I find they have hit me for a $49 charge on xbox, a $79 Microsoft and another $49 Microsoft charge- none of which we have made. Disputed and cancelled that card. :pound:

Heather

I have yet to get out of my jammies today. Seeing as it is 830 pm, it's probably not going to happen.

Bella has not been as atrocious as I expected her to be. She has yet to use our floors as her personal bathroom but she also refuses to listen to me.  :roll:

I go back to work tomorrow and oddly I'm looking forward to it. It's a welcome distraction to my dad's condition.

SippinTea

I haven't melted yet, but I've been a bit preoccupied taking care of sick kiddos. Blah. Not even sure how long it's been since I've been at church. Two weeks, perhaps?? Can't remember.

Kickstarter isn't going through, it appears. We have three days left to reach goal, and we're at 3% funding.  :updown:  But it's okay. We prayed that God would open the right doors, and close the wrong ones, and.... well, recovering from a C section smack in the middle of having to ship out all the rewards/incentives would have been a small nightmare. But He knew that. We plan to just keep moving forward as we were, and if our client base seems big enough by next summer to try again.... I dunno; maybe we'll try a relaunch. We shall see. We'll get there eventually, with or without Kickstarter. It'll just take us a bit longer without it. :)

:beret: