News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Having issues still with my body due to Sunday's issues/diagnosis. I'm at work, but wishing I was not.
Can we just skip this week already.  :surrender:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Normally, I find myself in opposition to Jenn and Fuzzy's actions in general. But, being as how they are beating on Cheesehead, I find myself in full agreement. :pound:

And I played hookie today. Got up, and Domino was crying bad with back issues, which comeup about once a year. Usually a dose of Prednisone syrup takes care of him, but we were out, and I wasn't sure I would be able to get in before the vet closed. Since I rarely miss, I bailed. Went and got his medicine- he's already feeling much better- then came home and prepared tonight's bible study/sermon/reason for the flock to throw rotten tomatoes at me. Now I'm chillin'. :P I did fold and put away one load of clothes too. I'm such a good hubby. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Self diagnosis is a kidney infection, but I will going to the student clinic in the morning for an official appointment.

Also my sister got back some bad news from the doctor and she has to go in for a procedure in the next few weeks to try to blast some cancerous cells. Prayers for both of us would be appreciated.

Now that I've finished my grilled chicken club from chikfila, it's onto homework.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

I made liver and onions for dinner.

'Twas amazingly good.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on February 04, 2016, 01:28:10 AMI made liver and onions for dinner.

'Twas amazingly good.
Yummmmm! 

Beef, pork or chicken liver? My mother used to make beef liver, pan-fried, with gravy and onions.

Liver is a very good food for a lot of trace elements, minerals, vitamins, etc. And it's wonderful pan-fried.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

I am here. I am very tired. That's about it.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mini

Morning all.

If anything falls apart today, its Roscoes fault.  Even if its not, blame him anyway.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

What a way to start my day. Got to the gas station, filled up the Canyon- and it won't start. Just what I needed. I've got one truck down- Rusty- and now,  I'm reduced to having just the Corvette for a driver... At least the refund is forecast to hit the bank Monday. Probably going to keep me from paying off one of the credit cards  early I had planned to, but at least the money's there.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Newsman

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!! Lady Jenn needs six babies (with a husband 10 months before they are all born of course.)

Jeremy, Roscoe and Seth need :pound:

John :waving: :bustamove:

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on February 04, 2016, 12:49:12 PMWheeeeeeeeeeee!!! Lady Jenn needs six babies (with a husband 10 months before they are all born of course.)

That's  wrong. I HAD to like the comment about Jenn, and as a result  "liked" me getting pounded.
Meanie. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Newsman on February 04, 2016, 12:49:12 PMWheeeeeeeeeeee!!! Lady Jenn needs six babies (with a husband 10 months before they are all born of course.)

That'd keep her busy. Lol

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 04, 2016, 02:54:59 PM

That'd keep her busy. Lol

Absolutely not. :nono:  :noo:  I don't even want children. Let alone six. I'd probably hand them off to people one by one.

I have enough to keep me busy.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

I probably  should post this in the "prayer" forum,  as I surely need to repent..
 First of all, the dad blamed truck fixed itself. It's started without issue for the past 10 times...thank you lord.
And the need to repent part...the state income tax hit today. ..so we went to Golden  Corral. I  made a full fledged hog of myself- a piece of steak, fried shrimp,a small piece of pork roast, sausage, mushrooms, and a tiny chocolate chess pie. And I chased it with a real Dr pepper,  which was way to sweet and nasty, causing me to drink less than a quarter of it.. I'm miserable. .

Lynx

Bobby: Just keep breathing, just keep breathing, and this too shall pass.

I know how you feel though. Monday was a rough day at work so I figured I owed it to myself to go to the mexican restaurant. They have an idea on the menu I had never heard of before, a potato fajita. Basically it's a fajita without the tortilla, put on top of a baked potato, with the obligatory rice and beans on the side.

It was nine bucks but I figured the cost was justified by the quality. And it would have been fully justified by the quality, it was good. But it was also justified by the quantity. That was three meals I got in one. Three and a half if you count the chips and salsa that came with it. No way can a normal person finish a meal like that in one sitting.

Unfortunately it was so good that I ate two of the three meals that night. I didn't sleep too good that night...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Restaurant proportions are WAY out of control. Why the U.S. is considered obese! In most places the portion you get is actually two portions.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

And they charge like it's two portions.

MsJennJenn

Yup! I can count on one hand the times I bought food outside of the grocery/home in the last 40 days. Doing pretty good. Proud of myself, helps that I am broke. Then I have to avoid buying it out, or I starve the rest of the week. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

I was looking up recipes for caramels and found a quote I thought was amusing.

"Making caramels for the first time can be pretty intimidating...
    Now, the second time you make caramels, you'll be an old pro. In fact, this caramel-making knowledge can be a bit dangerous. The ability to whip up a batch of caramels on a whim is a power that should not be taken lightly, after all. Just promise me you'll use your power for good."

I thought to myself, yeah I can see me making caramels and eating caramels much too often.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Quote from: Lynx on February 04, 2016, 04:21:04 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on February 04, 2016, 01:28:10 AMI made liver and onions for dinner.

'Twas amazingly good.
Yummmmm! 

Beef, pork or chicken liver? My mother used to make beef liver, pan-fried, with gravy and onions.

Liver is a very good food for a lot of trace elements, minerals, vitamins, etc. And it's wonderful pan-fried.

Pan fried in a cast iron skillet of course! I soften the onions in a separate pan with butter while I fry the liver...then I place the fried liver on a paper towel covered plate while I dump some of the seasoned flour that I used to coat the liver into the pan with the liver grease...brown it up, add some beef broth, get the gravy thick as I want, and dump the onions and liver back in to heat up together for about 10 minutes.

Served over white rice and with a side of green beans.

It was calf liver. Yumm!

MelodyB

Heather

All my symptoms pointed to kidneys, but I have my first ever UTI. I had literally none of the regular symptoms, but that is what the test came back as. So I'm on antibiotics which I know will make me better, but they make me feel terrible first.

Roscoe

Well. I spent yesterday with my beloved wife, in the truck all day pretty much- we went to Jonesboro to pick up Rusty's new engine- it's about 3,3.5 hours away. While there, my uncle and aunt, who live about another hour north, just happened to be in Jonesboro celebrating their 41st wedding anniversary, so we met up with them and took them out to Olive Garden for an anniversary gift. So blessed to have them.
 My uncle has been a role model for me all of my life, and is one of my best friends- we both are madly interested in antique cars. He was slightly evil- knowing I have been on a diet, he informed me that he had brought me a gift. As we were leaving he gave me the gift, saying" I know you are keeping the weight off, but one a week is only 150 calories." The gift- a CASE of glass bottled, real sugar Dr. Pepper. I fear he has overestimated my self control. :sadbounce:
 And today, I had the pleasure of making a contact with our esteemed Administrator- @Soubriquet, as he "activated" the Pennsylvania 911 Crash Site on ham radio. Radio conditions are rough, but he's a heckuva operator, having no problems handling the pileup.... Oh, and Jerm made contact too...

Heather

It was supposed to be my only day in 5 weeks to have some alone time. Naturally, guess who called out of work because he felt 'sick'? Make sure you marry someone with the same work ethic.  :roll:  I'm trying to get some laundry done then I guess I'll escape to the library to not be around people.