News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: SippinTea on February 01, 2016, 12:15:35 AMAnyone want sandwiches and bundt cake?

:beret:

Me me! Not today though. :sadbounce:

I woke up about 5:30am doubled over in pain on my left side. I tried to wait it out and made it to almost 7:30 before I called mom. She came and took me to emergency care. Severe uti infection. Two shots and four prescriptions later.....now I have a sore hip from the shots and a wicked headache, but I don't have any pain stabbing me to death. Just an almost dull ache.  :-(
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Aww, that's too bad, Jenn. Hope you're better soon.

taco_harvell

I'm gonna become a travel agent. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

We lost a good friend last night. He was an older man but he and hubby did Bible study over the phone every day.  He really cared and prayed for us and our family. We're going to really miss him. Some deaths leave a really big hole in the lives of loved ones.

SippinTea

Ugh! Sorry, Jenn. Sounds dreadful. :(

Sandra, I'm so sorry. It's incredibly hard to say good-bye see you later to some people.

Fellowship meeting tonight. I think it's totally cool that my babies have so many adopted grandmas and grandpas. Not just because it gives me break from holding them sometimes ;) but I love knowing that so many Godly people are influencing their lives. It makes my heart happy when I look over and see pastors from our section snuggling my little Teddy, and making my Bella giggle. :)

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MsJennJenn

Oh Sandra. :(

I have wicked insomnia. More than likely a combination of sleeping all day to diminish my body's ailments, the unsettledness still residing in my body, or just feeling off from missing church today.

So despite my many attempts at rest, I'm just diffusing lavender, and wondering around my apartment in the dark aimlessly; while eating thin mints and listening to my tunes.  :smirk2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Sorry for all of the hurting, physical and otherwise.
And in sharing, we reserved our hotel for our annual Spring Break Vacation. Gonna see what Gatlinburg is like...Enjoy 3 or 4 days there, maybe stop by a friend or twos churches on the way home, and then it'll be back to the grindstone with no vacations.. :roll:
And in further sharing, I found a new motor for Rusty. Only 60 thousand miles on it, and it was a good deal, so hopefully he'll be back going soon. :thumbsup2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 01, 2016, 04:09:59 AMWe lost a good friend last night. He was an older man but he and hubby did Bible study over the phone every day.  He really cared and prayed for us and our family. We're going to really miss him. Some deaths leave a really big hole in the lives of loved ones.

Im so sorry.

About 2 years ago, @chelleebelle 's grandma was in the hospital for a few days after a fall.  She asked us what day it was, and we told her.  Her next words rocked our world:  "I haven't prayed for you in a few days!"  Until that point, I don't know if had ever realized how much people prayed for us.

I would take a dozen more saints as precious as her.

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on February 01, 2016, 12:15:35 AMAnyone want sandwiches and bundt cake?

No thank you. I just ate 12 homemade tamales for breakfast. Girl at work was selling them for her church fundraiser.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Fellowship meeting last night. I needed it. Last week either ended well, or this week is beginning well, depending on how you look at it. After last night, I'm feeling more hopeful about the miracles we need. :)

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on January 31, 2016, 02:05:17 PMAlright, y'all don't slack off posting now. :pound:
Made it through yesterday and finally got my W2's in and taxes filed. Hopefully they'll be fast at returning my money.
We went over to old friends' house last night for dinner. They'd recently moved and as we sat at the dining room table, the wife remarked, " It's a real quiet neighborhood. We haven't saw a police car or anything since we've moved in." That was apparently the cue. Because she had no sooner said that than myself and my friend, a former officer, hear sirens. "That's police sirens. And they are moving from the sound of it, and close." Indeed they were- we see through the front window,  six cars with blue lights flashing and sirens wailing, directly in front of the house of Mrs. We-Never-See-The-Police. The police had someone run from them, and the suspect bailed from the car in front of us. What are the chances of that happening right after her comment? :rofl:
And now, I'm back at work. :hi:

I was away at my parents' for the weekend in Jonesboro AR for my friend's gender reveal party. My husband called me on Saturday night before he went to sleep and let me know that there was a high speed chase down Main Street (our house is one of the last on that street).  We hear sirens all the time because we live a block or two down from the hospital, but I have NEVER seen a high speed chase. I'm figuring the crazy loon must've lived somewhere down there and thought he could lose the cops somehow with all the little streets that come off of that end. Craziness!

I get to be an honorary aunt of a Cheyanne Paisley! My best friends are starting to have children.. when did I get old enough for this?

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on February 01, 2016, 06:36:46 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 31, 2016, 02:05:17 PMAlright, y'all don't slack off posting now. :pound:
Made it through yesterday and finally got my W2's in and taxes filed. Hopefully they'll be fast at returning my money.
We went over to old friends' house last night for dinner. They'd recently moved and as we sat at the dining room table, the wife remarked, " It's a real quiet neighborhood. We haven't saw a police car or anything since we've moved in." That was apparently the cue. Because she had no sooner said that than myself and my friend, a former officer, hear sirens. "That's police sirens. And they are moving from the sound of it, and close." Indeed they were- we see through the front window,  six cars with blue lights flashing and sirens wailing, directly in front of the house of Mrs. We-Never-See-The-Police. The police had someone run from them, and the suspect bailed from the car in front of us. What are the chances of that happening right after her comment? :rofl:
And now, I'm back at work. :hi:

I was away at my parents' for the weekend in Jonesboro AR for my friend's gender reveal party. My husband called me on Saturday night before he went to sleep and let me know that there was a high speed chase down Main Street (our house is one of the last on that street).  We hear sirens all the time because we live a block or two down from the hospital, but I have NEVER seen a high speed chase. I'm figuring the crazy loon must've lived somewhere down there and thought he could lose the cops somehow with all the little streets that come off of that end. Craziness!

I get to be an honorary aunt of a Cheyanne Paisley! My best friends are starting to have children.. when did I get old enough for this?
Cheyanne is a wonderful name . :hypocrite: And wait until your best friends have grandchildren. It's happened to me three times- and I'm not 40 yet. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Could be worse. All of your best friends could be married and have 2+ kids, and you're still single. :sadbounce:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 01, 2016, 11:28:58 PMCould be worse. All of your best friends could be married and have 2+ kids, and you're still single. :sadbounce:

Preach!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on February 01, 2016, 12:39:30 PMSorry for all of the hurting, physical and otherwise.
And in sharing, we reserved our hotel for our annual Spring Break Vacation. Gonna see what Gatlinburg is like...Enjoy 3 or 4 days there, maybe stop by a friend or twos churches on the way home, and then it'll be back to the grindstone with no vacations.. :roll:
And in further sharing, I found a new motor for Rusty. Only 60 thousand miles on it, and it was a good deal, so hopefully he'll be back going soon. :thumbsup2:

Is it an lt1?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on February 02, 2016, 04:12:11 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 01, 2016, 12:39:30 PMSorry for all of the hurting, physical and otherwise.

Is it an lt1?
No, we aren't making him a hot rod. We are replacing his engine with the exact same engine he has- a '94 2.2 four cylinder...

Heather

Husband and I were counting it up and we have at least a dozen people we know who are expecting. I told him to give a it a month or 2 and there will be more announcements due to snowpocolyse we just had.

I had to drop another class. Physical Anth was killing me. To the point I actually broke down in tears yesterday in middle of class. It's a lot of biology for the first 3rd of the class and it's been 15 years since I had been in any science class.

I've been having a lot of lower back pain recently and can't decipher if it's just back pain or kidney pain. I should really * Wash my mouth out with soap * it up and go to the student clinic but ain't nobody got time for that.

Also, Roscoe I'm roughly 1.5 hours from Gatlinburg. I would be more than happy to drive down for dinner [school and work schedule permitting] to meet another GPer but I also completely understand as it is your vacation.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

okieoliveoyl

:grouphug:

Hi!!!!  I'm back....

Now...back to your regularly scheduled nothingness....
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Stayed home again today. Just so nauseous.  :-?

And heather - if you're having pain goooo lol. Better to catch it now than wake up in wicked pain one morning.   :noo:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on February 02, 2016, 02:10:05 PMHusband and I were counting it up and we have at least a dozen people we know who are expecting. I told him to give a it a month or 2 and there will be more announcements due to snowpocolyse we just had.

I had to drop another class. Physical Anth was killing me. To the point I actually broke down in tears yesterday in middle of class. It's a lot of biology for the first 3rd of the class and it's been 15 years since I had been in any science class.

I've been having a lot of lower back pain recently and can't decipher if it's just back pain or kidney pain. I should really * Wash my mouth out with soap * it up and go to the student clinic but ain't nobody got time for that.

Also, Roscoe I'm roughly 1.5 hours from Gatlinburg. I would be more than happy to drive down for dinner [school and work schedule permitting] to meet another GPer but I also completely understand as it is your vacation.
Would be great...I think Taco and the clown are gonna try to as well one nght. Maybe we could have a mini-gp meet. :hyper:
Quote from: okieoliveoyl on February 02, 2016, 03:30:10 PM:grouphug:

Hi!!!!  I'm back....

Now...back to your regularly scheduled nothingness....
Oh Lawd. Who unlocked the gate?!? :pound:  :nono:  :nono:

SippinTea

Talked to Sean's advisor today. Looks like he's going to be starting college next month. He just doesn't know it yet.  :hypocrite:

Chseeads

Lynx

And proud of it!

In this world being normal is weird.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-