News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We are Thankful as can be in Sharing # 473

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 20, 2012, 02:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

I had thought about trying to get a couple things at Fred Meyer tomorrow morning, but... I'm second guessing even that.  :-?

Heather, you're welcome to come here for Thanksgiving, too. But it might be a bit of a drive... ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Back off, Tea Sipper! She is MY guest! You can have her AFTER she visits me. :p
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

nwlife

Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

MelodyB

nwlife

Sounds like you seen a ghost 

:yikes:

....which speaking of the term, ghost, I spent my day in 3 graveyards visiting some old friends!  It was a good day, just me, the graves and 1 old cow staring at me across the fence.
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

taco_harvell

My dad is being moved to another hospital where they think he will be for 10-21 more days. Our PT Cruiser is in the shop going by there on my way to work and praying they tell me it is a simple repair. Please keep us in prayer!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

I went to Target last night for "Black Thursday" haha...it started at 9. We got there about 8:30. Target was SUPER organized. They only let people in 25 at a time. So the store wasn't ridiculously over-packed. And they had stuff sectioned off, and Target "police" all over the place lol...it was VERY organized and functional. I was impressed.

I got a waffle maker, coffee maker and a toaster for $8/each, and Christmas pajama's to wrap and put under my new tree next weekend!!! :clap:

My brother and sil got a 32" LCD Apex tv for $149, so we took my brother home after we were done at Target..then my SIL and I got to Kohl's about 10:35pm, to wait for Kohl's sale at midnight. That one was kinda a bust...I got a purse, but my SIL didn't get anything. She was disappointed.

I don't mind the "midnight" sales on Thursday. But I don't think I'd ever do the Black Friday "4am" sales. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I have a day with nothing to do!

Time to make a hextuple batch of sourdough bread.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Lou had to work that madhouse known as "Black Thursday". She said every buggy they had was being used and old women were fussing with each other over bath towels, for heaven's sake. She said from 8:30 ish until 11:40 last night it was a zoo.
She got home around 12:30 this morning and had to be back at the madhouse at 7... :sadbounce:

Chey and I are up and my back feels a little better. After I get the house straightened up some, I'm  going to see if I can get the Studebaker started for the first time in three years..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Someone said she was watching people swarming over bed sheets and an old lady got knocked down in the scuffle.  Crazy.  I'm definitely staying home today.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Heather

As of tomorrow, I am disowned by my family.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 23, 2012, 06:35:40 PM
Trying to find our way to lunch with Mini & Mrs.Mini!!!
:sadbounce:
I got the stude running, but the fuel pump has lost its prime. It'll take a bit more tinkering before it's drivable. I got the house cleaned up, and took the time to shorten Rusty's shift lever which I've needed to do for a while. Now, I'm moaning about my back again and lazing around.. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Um... this sourdough is rising with almost alarming rapidity - for sourdough.  Wish I could figure out what I did different.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Quote from: HeatherB on November 23, 2012, 07:22:33 PM
As of tomorrow, I am disowned by my family.....

Does this mean you will officially be up for adoption? If so, I GET FIRST DIBS!!

Chseeads

Went to the feed store for a few meager bags of feed, as I am poor, and went to work.  Home finally.  Blah.

Lynx

Well, today was a productive day. 

Tomorrow I'll be at the church.  A family wants to use it for a memorial service, and needs someone who knows where everything is in the kitchen and how to run the sound board in the sanctuary.  I never thought a memorial service was that complicated... counting the 2 hours early to set up and the 2 hours after to clean up, it's a full 8 hour shift. 

Fortunately there's my little USB clip modem.  And my Linux install is on a flash drive that I can boot on the computer in the sound booth.  I'll be good to go. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

*HUGS* Ruby AND Mel

I'm not sure I can go anywhere. Got home today (after 5 nights of pet/house-sitting for a girl at work) and Mike (B's dad) told me I wasn't allowed to that again. He missed me too much. Said it was like one of his kids were missing.

Working kennels in the am then to my patents to get my few remaining possessions (including my cat) and we're supposedly done. Just to make the story short and to the point, my sister is the kid that wanted and I was the accident they got stuck with :(
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

:-\ That's horrid. But I'm really glad B's dad seems to love you a lot. It must make for a MUCH more peaceful living environment.

Isaac, depending how big the memorial service is... ugh. Yeah, they can be wretchedly complicated. I hope it goes well, and that you don't get stuck in family drama. Seems like wedding and funerals/memorial services can bring out the worst in everyone.

Lynx

Aye, me too - especially as nobody here knows any of them from Adam's house cat.  The person who died was the father of the girlfriend of the friend of a former church member.  All we really know about them is they cremated the deceased, they all come from some place we've never heard of, they want to use the church and they're bringing everything needed for the memorial with them. 

Or so they said... then last Wednesday they asked us to supply food.  I just hope there are no other last minute surprises.

Man, now I sound grumpy.  And feel grumpy.  I think it's time to start thinking about going to bed. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Tom from the Nuthouse had a baby, or his wife birthed the baby he fathered anyhow....

Everybody is popping out babies here the last few days.

MelodyB

My friend Krissy is gonna be popping one out here within the next week or so...and Jolene (former GPer) is having her baby girl on Wednesday.

Yeah. Babies everywhere!! :baby:

:clap: