Confuse-Us say: He who has dog will get his licks, in Sharing 466

Started by Lynx, July 29, 2012, 07:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

I agree with Jason. I like some of her songs, but dislike HER singing them. But at least I know who she is. Very well. She died in her tour bus a few years ago.

I got some stuff from the yard sale! Yay!

I am headed to bed, in a good mood, but also very humbled that I have such wonderful friends in my life. I am blessed.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on August 03, 2012, 02:50:35 AM
Dottie Rambo wrote something in the neighborhood of 2,000 songs.  You surely know some of them and just don't know it.  lol

That could very well be the case.  I just don't know names. 

I asked Nathan and he has never heard of her either.  He thinks it's because we grew up on mostly hymnals. ??  But it's been so many years, I don't remember many of those either.  It really takes a chunk out of life when you're not in church.  My family was not in during my teen years.  I remember when Nathan and I got in as adults, and in a UPC church no less, we were amazed about how much there was that we never knew about.  We grew up never hearing about present day missionaries!  I remember the first time I heard of the Gaithers and seen them on PBS, and thought how very sweet they were.  I didn't know about any Christian radio growing up, not sure if the little town we moved to had one.  I didn't know about Adventures in Odyssey until like 5yrs ago... lol  I would have loved that as a kid. 

The only Apostolic records/tapes my mom had were of my cousins, the Sotos.

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on August 03, 2012, 03:27:28 AM
I got some stuff from the yard sale! Yay!
*Psalm_97 pokes MelodyB with a record player needle.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 03, 2012, 03:36:38 AM
Quote from: Chseeads on August 03, 2012, 02:50:35 AM
Dottie Rambo wrote something in the neighborhood of 2,000 songs.  You surely know some of them and just don't know it.  lol

That could very well be the case.  I just don't know names. 

I asked Nathan and he has never heard of her either.  He thinks it's because we grew up on mostly hymnals. ??  But it's been so many years, I don't remember many of those either.  It really takes a chunk out of life when you're not in church.  My family was not in during my teen years.  I remember when Nathan and I got in as adults, and in a UPC church no less, we were amazed about how much there was that we never knew about.  We grew up never hearing about present day missionaries!  I remember the first time I heard of the Gaithers and seen them on PBS, and thought how very sweet they were.  I didn't know about any Christian radio growing up, not sure if the little town we moved to had one.  I didn't know about Adventures in Odyssey until like 5yrs ago... lol  I would have loved that as a kid. 

The only Apostolic records/tapes my mom had were of my cousins, the Sotos.

Which Hymnals?  Sing Unto the Lord has some Dottie Rambo songs in it.

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 03, 2012, 12:55:51 AM
Not only did I not grow up in the southern church but I didn't grow up in white church circles.  I am pretty much unfamiliar with any older white Christian singers unless I've heard them since I've been an adult.  Really, I only know some black artists.  I never have been the kind of person that remembers names well either... lol 

Who are you?

;)   :P

Would she have been on Harvest Time radio?  Cause I listen to that on www.myhoperadio.com once in a while just cause I know those are some that gave their lives to the kingdom of God that I enjoy.

I grew up in a white church; but I don't know a whole lot of white singers either haha....
I know the name Dottie Rambo though...I can't name any of her songs.

My Mom pulled out the records she had yesterday...The Imperials...Mark Christian and Family....and several other people I'd never heard of. I can't remember them all.

and Sethers....when we get to Heaven we'll be singing Andre Crouch songs!!!~
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Quote from: Chseeads on August 03, 2012, 03:02:25 AM
How bout I Go To the Rock?  Black people sing that one.....lol

http://youtu.be/dOZuhtoS4GE

I go to the rock
I know hes able...

My Ma can flat lay down on that one...woooglory!

Here's Larnelle Harris singing it.  Better than Dottie's IMO: http://youtu.be/W6eB75VFj3I
Here's Whitney Houston singing it: http://youtu.be/ev5_qIoeDrw (gotta love that running bass line...makes me wanna  :bustamove: :ugly: )
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 03, 2012, 01:53:59 PM
My Mom used to sing that when we were kids too.

Raising you, no wonder she wanted to run to the Rock....

:hypocrite:

Melody

Quote from: MsJennJennand Sethers....when we get to Heaven we'll be singing Andre Crouch songs!!!~

Yeeaaas! C'mon now! 

Hhehehehe

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: minnesota68 on August 03, 2012, 03:19:04 PM
http://youtu.be/Q1iUSARF_v4

Wow...

Are you saying wow, because you think the video is racist? Or wow because you think it's crazy that they "think" or are calling the video racist?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 03, 2012, 03:45:12 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on August 03, 2012, 03:19:04 PM
http://youtu.be/Q1iUSARF_v4

Wow...

Are you saying wow, because you think the video is racist? Or wow because you think it's crazy that they "think" or are calling the video racist?

Yes?

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

If we assume it is racist, do we assume a certain race closer to monkeys than other races?  Or is it from an extra-terrestrial who is racist against all humans, and saying we're basically monkeys?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

I was thinking "Stupid Darwinism.  I look much more like a gorilla."

Chseeads

Beans, beans, beans...I need 4 more of me so I can get these beans picked.

MelodyB

We had our yard sale. We sold a bunch of stuff till after noon, then Kimber called this guy that was there this morning, he wanted to buy everything we had left. So now we don't have to seek tomorrow! He is supposed to come pick it up shortly. :clap:

So yeah. Good day all around.

MelodyB

Chseeads

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8