News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

LIBRARY QUIZ ANSWERS FROM MIDDLE SCHOOLERS

Started by upcchris, October 29, 2010, 02:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upcchris

Hilarious!

Information on dragons can be found by asking one of them in the office. (BOL!)

The purpose of OPACs is to say how much to sell crude oil for. (?)

Reference books cannot be checked out because they are too big and heavy.

Fiction books are just a lot of stories, so they don't get a rating number.

The Dewey System measures how cold it got overnight by measuring how much wetness is on the grass in the mornings. (wow, that's complicated)

You can find words with similar meanings in Rogers Brontasaurus. (only if you have a flashlight)

Boolean operators are telephone sellers in other countries. (I think only someone who works in a library would find this funny)

A bibliography is the cast of characters in the Bible. (so cartography would be?)

Books with the letter R on the label are only for people over 18 years old.  (R= Reference, and yes, they are mostly used by that demographic)

You shouldn't eat in the library because there are too many germs. (*grin* yes, the bookworms might steal your sandwich)

Students are allowed to use the photocopier when it is working (LOL)

You can use an author search if you don't know who wrote the book your looking for. (or just ask the librarian)

Copyright is using the photocopier the right way. (yes, so many suffer from a case of copywrong)

Plagiarism is when you copy someone else without them finding out. (So when they do find out, it's a citation?)

An abstract is a painting that doesn't make any sense. (another library-only bit of humour)

A citation is when you go to a web cite and copy it so no one says you cheated.

The Great Library of Alexandria was destroyed by vandals with chewing gum and spray paint. (those darn Roman vandals!)

The New York Public Library has two lions outside the front door to stop people stealing books. (I wonder if it's effective?)

The Library of Congress is where congressmen go to steal books. (They should've had two lions out the front)

Standing on the shoulders of giants is important in research for getting the books off the topshelf. (thankfully, no one's asked to stand on my shoulders in order to reach books....yet)

People shouldn't put their real name and address on their library cards because an orthodontist might see it. (I'd love to hear the explanation behind that one)

Friction books are put together so they don't slide off the shelve because of the plestic covers. (otherwise the friction would make them combust)

Barcodes are put on books so they know who they bilong too.

Literature is long stories in tiny letters with no fun happening.

I like to read graphic novels becaus you can color in the pitchers when you dont know what the words are. (don't try this in a library...or at all)

You should not make too much noise in the library because then no one will know you are there when they come to start a fight. (the sanctuary of the picked-on)

http://www.warriorlibrarian.com/LIBLAUGHS/quiz_answers.html
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: upcchris on October 29, 2010, 02:02:41 AM
Information on dragons can be found by asking one of them in the office. (BOL!)

BOL!!  Or... You could simply ask your local nurse (provided you live in TX!)  Hehe   :laughhard:

Feed The Bachelors 2010