News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Quick Cash?

Started by kkay, March 27, 2008, 05:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

HDL?

I got a package, once, with really fine shredded paper. I mean so thin it was like that straw packing stuff. I asked the guy what kind of shredder he had to make that stuff so fine. He said it was a government shredder and we can't buy one like that. *Snaps fingers* It made really nice packing material, though. My purchase didn't break.

EricShane

Quote from: Sis on May 06, 2008, 06:05:24 PM
HDL?

I got a package, once, with really fine shredded paper. I mean so thin it was like that straw packing stuff. I asked the guy what kind of shredder he had to make that stuff so fine. He said it was a government shredder and we can't buy one like that. *Snaps fingers* It made really nice packing material, though. My purchase didn't break.
ive seen that too... works great... but we dont have one either, we use products from "sealed air" and "uww" at our work...

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

World Traveler

Advances in government shredding technology were a result of the Iran Hostage Crisis of the 1980s. The Iranian students took shredded government documents and pieced and taped them together, much to the embarrassment of the CIA.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Sis

I just wish we could get them, too. Don't need the government documents, just the availability of their shredders. They make great packing material.

I just bought a new one. I found while shredding bank statements this weekend, that the blades on my old one weren't cutting too well. It worked ok on the single paper, but the bank statements were heavier paper.  Got a new cross-cut one. I love it. I had to reshred a bunch of statements.

Brother Dad

Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on March 27, 2008, 08:25:07 PM
Quote from: Sis on March 27, 2008, 08:20:36 PM

Donate plasma. It's a fast $20.

Planning on doing that next week :)

They need more than $20.00 to put  a needle in my arms.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Brother Dad on May 06, 2008, 07:46:11 PM
Quote from: apostolic_girl04 on March 27, 2008, 08:25:07 PM
Quote from: Sis on March 27, 2008, 08:20:36 PM

Donate plasma. It's a fast $20.

Planning on doing that next week :)

They need more than $20.00 to put  a needle in my arms.

lol

Mrs. Yosemite

Yeah I agree on the shipping headache. I had a place I could keep a bunch of boxes in a storage shed. Everytime I would go to a store or grocery store where they didnt recycle their own boxes, I would grab up a bunch of boxes of different sizes. Of course the packing supplies and tape, ect. Does get expensive. Most people who do that though has a tax I.D. so they can get their supplies in bulk a little better than the average Joe can. You find yourself turning into a packrat if you get hooked on Ebay. lol You end up keeping all kinds of newspapers and boxes and anything you might need later.

And if you keep all that junk in your house, you could come up with spiders and bugs. So you would really need a little personal warehouse or big plastic container. I sell stuff once in a while but I dont do it for a living. Those who do it as an sole income, have to charge really what the item is worth just to ship it. I used to buy all kinds of trees and flowers and plants. But the shipping charges have gotten so high, that it's cheaper for me just drive to town and buy it.