News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Quick Cash?

Started by kkay, March 27, 2008, 05:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkay

Hey :D
I'm needing a little extra cash. Any good ideas?

World Traveler

Well, I heard this nice family in Nigeria is trying to find someone to transfer their millions to.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

kkay

They've already contacted me ;)

Tricia Lea

Got anything you can sell on EBAY?

kkay

Quote from: Tricia Lea on March 27, 2008, 07:49:22 PM
Got anything you can sell on EBAY?

Problem with ebay:
I don't want to pay ebay to sell my things.

I may try that though..

I've also thought about selling my clothes to Plato's Closet.

mini

Craigslist

Or try selling your soul...I heard you can get about anything for your soul.  *cough*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Sis

Craiglist is good because it is local and you can sell things without mailing it out.

Donate plasma. It's a fast $20.
Quote from: minnesota68 on March 27, 2008, 08:17:12 PM

Or try selling your soul...I heard you can get about anything for your soul.  *cough*

You speaking from experience?

mini

Im not at liberty to divulge its location at this moment.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

kkay

Quote from: Sis on March 27, 2008, 08:20:36 PM

Donate plasma. It's a fast $20.

Planning on doing that next week :)

dnr1128

I've heard that donating plasma is rather painful.  Since I'm built for comfort, I'd rather not do that.  lol
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Sis

Naaaa no worse than a blood test only longer. If you don't go into shock like I did.

But you get scars from it on the inside of your arm.

mesipie

make stuf....or sell mary kay...or avon...or home interior...or weight loss pills...i do the 1st and the last...good money...*grin*
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

The Purple Fuzzy

Stand at the stop sign with a bucket.

At least that seems to be what every group does around here.  I hate the begging...

dnr1128

Wouldn't work for me...I hate needles.  A month ago when I was in the hospital the student that was attempting to put my IV in missed the vein, and started just exploring around the back of my hand with the needle.  I wasn't too thrilled.  lol
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Sis

Quote from: dnr1128 on May 01, 2008, 09:24:20 PM
Wouldn't work for me...I hate needles.  A month ago when I was in the hospital the student that was attempting to put my IV in missed the vein, and started just exploring around the back of my hand with the needle.  I wasn't too thrilled.  lol

OWWWWWWW!   I've had that happen. It hurts!

Nerd

Yeah, I'm not so crazy about needles either.

QuoteOr try selling your soul...I heard you can get about anything for your soul.

You might even learn to play a guitar real good. 

Mrs. Yosemite

It's really hard to find ways to make money unless you have some money to start it up with. I've been working on the same thing. I have sold stuff on Ebay before. Had a nice little ebay store set up just using stuff around my house that I wasnt needing anymore.

I made about 600 dollars around Christmas. Even a pair of ladies western boots I had worn only 2 times, but since I don't wear jeans now, they didnt look right with a dress. They auctioned out at $60. Which is only $20 less that we paid for them.  You have to be really careful how much money you rack up when you start adding features when you list your items. What looks like .50cents here and .15cents there will get you in an ebay trap!  Out of that $600 I made, seems like I ended up having to pay Ebay about $30.

Just dont give them permission to automatically draft their percentage fees out of your paypal account every month. They will trick you up. I know by experience. lol 

If you watch your corners tight enough, you can make money on ebay. Also make sure that you put mail confirmation and insurance on all of your outgoing packages. Customers are always trying to claim they didnt get it, or it was broken when they  got it, or want their money back for some stupid reason. Just make sure you allow for the expenses in your shipping. You have to do everything just right, or customers will give you a bad rating.

I just post 1 really good picture of the item. Two pictures if I HAVE to. But the extra pictures run your cost up. Explain in detail just as the item is. If you want to insist that there will be no refunds on the particular item, make sure they can see that before they bid or buy.

Alot of times I have had people to win a bid on one of my store items and I never recieved their payment. So once in a while you have to swallow the raw end of a bad deal.  You can also choose options on how the customer pays.  I just stipulate in my adds, that if the winner does not pay within so many days, It gets relisted. The more you sell, smarter you get. lol For the most part, it's really easy and fun.

Didnt mean to make such a long reply. lol You probably know all of this already. Ebay can be good if you watch your expenses.  ( I've bought little inexpensive things and fixed a cute creative little picture of it on Ebay and the auctions amazed me)  The secret of the ebay pudding is presentation:thumbsup2: (Tips From The Ebay Queen)

<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZKxdm021YYUS%2526i%253D36%252F36%255F22%255F31%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Tricia Lea

Quote from: dnr1128 on May 01, 2008, 09:24:20 PM

I had eye surgery in 2006, They stuck me 10 times to find a vein. They told me I have deep veins and rolling veins.
Whats so funny is I give blood. I have never had a red cross nurse stick me more than 2 times to get a vein, but yet those 3 at the hospital went at it 10 times, then found a vein in my foot lol

Mrs. Yosemite

OWWW> I'd have kicked them! lol We'll guess that wasnt very christian like. lol

Tricia Lea

Kicked them and risked that needle coming out of my foot and them having to start all over??  :o :o

I dont think so

lololol

Mrs. Yosemite

I didnt think of that. I know that had to hurt. I took phlebotomy at a local junior college here. When we got advanced along in our studies enough, we started practicing on each other in the class. Both of my arms were black and blue. Everywhere I went, I guess people thought I was shooting up or something. lol Nearly every 3 days the Med Tech instructor would team us up with somebody different that we hadn't stuck yet. Most of my class mates said they didn't really feel anything when I stuck them. But man, when it came my turn to get stuck, I would get so annoyed!  :tantrum:

Even now when you go to the Doc, those nurses can't stick. It takes them sometimes 5 tries. Which is rediculous. They need to go back to class. I don't know how your case was, you may have had a great nurse. But most of the time, In my thinking...Alot of times on elderly or overweight people with large arms, veins roll more easily or harder to find. Some have very small veins. In that case, sometimes they dont check to see if the tourniquet is too tight. The dont need to place the tourniquet as tight when drawing blood, as you do when you are trying to stop excessive bleeding. Next time it feels like the tourniquet is cutting your arm slap off, tell them to loosen it some before trying to stick you. If they say they can't. I'd ask for another person. I never had any problem getting a good vein.

Some people just need to find another field cause they can't stick. lol Yosemite can't stand that. He always passes out cold. lol

I SURE GOT THIS WAY OFF TOPIC DIDNT I? HAHA  I Better Git Back To The Quick Cash subject before I get swatted.

<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZKxdm021YYUS%2526i%253D10%252F10%255F2%255F25%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Mrs. Yosemite

I don't know anything about this myself, but my neighbor was telling me she was doing this.

She says, there is a thing called Cha Cha.  Its where you can punch any question into your cell phone and withing 3 minutes you can get an answer.

On chacha.com you can fill out an application to be a guide (or something I dont know). When a question comes in, you get online and find their answer and you have to message them back as quickly as possible. You would probably have to have fast DSL. But I think you get like .25 or .30 cents per question answered????  She said she would get online late after the kids went to bed and answer questions. She claimed she made some pretty decent money.

I dont know, I havent tried it or read up on it for myself. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Sis

Quote from: Mrs. Yosemite on May 06, 2008, 01:12:20 PM
OWWW> I'd have kicked them! lol We'll guess that wasnt very christian like. lol

When my daughter threatened violence, she'd add "In Jesus' name!"

Sis

When people do Ebay, they don't take into consideration their packing materials. They THINK they made money but generally, they don't make much.

You buy something for $50, sell it on Ebay for $30-40. You've already lost money. Didn't make anything.

You buy envelopes, boxes, tape, labels, etc. Lost money again.

You use gas to drive anywhere from one to five miles to the post office. Lost money again.

You wait in line at the post office, you use up time dealing with the Ebay sale, you use up time wrapping and going to the post office. Your time is worth something, even at minimum wage, it's a loss.

That's why shipping and HANDLING is more than the actual shipping charge. Many folks realize this. You're actually not making anything

I did a lot of Ebay, but I kept finding things that students were leaving by the recycle bins and I sold them. I paid nothing for the items, so I wasn't out much at all. I hated to keep giving the stuff to the goodwill when I could turn over a buck. LOL

EricShane

Im contracted through DHL int. airport, so I get DHL packagin for free if I want to. lol
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you