News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

picture

Started by Tsalagi, February 18, 2007, 04:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsalagi

Nerd

SippinTea

".... thou good and faithful servant."

Exactly. That's what it reminded me of too. Or was that what you thought of? *smile*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

apsurf

Tsalagi

This piece was actually based on a vision I had shortly after my ex-wife left me.  The gate is as close as I can remember and the voice from God spoke and quoted,

Mat 7:13, 14 - Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

His voice went on to say, "If you will enter in and keep My commandments, I will guide your steps and protect you for as long as you live".

Praise God!!!

I saw a very small garden-type gate open (and the thought stuck to me that the Gate would never close) with a tiny, narrow road behind it leading upward to Him, and heard His voice saying those words.

apsurf

nice thought behind the picture...it must have really been comforting to put on paper what you see in your mind.

Tsalagi

Quotenice thought behind the picture...it must have really been comforting to put on paper what you see in your mind.

Most times actually getting what I saw onto paper is very difficult, most times I am not pleased with my work, but this one?  All I can say is I'm pretty sure the Gate itself  is nearly right, the road less so, but praise God!   His grace is sufficient for me.

nicolejoy

I think it's gorgeous too.

Don't you love how on Godplace, you can post something which gets ZERO responses for 6 months, and then someone goes and posts in the thread and all of a sudden, you have a billion responses all at once??

Nerd

QuoteOr was that what you thought of?

:)

Exactly.

Ashlee

Wow Chris, I just saw this.  A guest was viewing it, so I decided to go check it out.  I'm so glad I did.   I love the thought behind it.  The gate will remain open of His children.

SippinTea

And isn't it amazing how when He opens a door, no one can shut it?

He's an awesome God.

(Thanks for bumping the thread, Ash. I'd forgotten about this one. ;) )

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Ashlee

Well, it's a thread worthy of being bumped.  It really is an awesome picture Chris.  It gives me hope.

The Purple Fuzzy

iridiscente

I love the swirls! To bad you don't do carpentry...

nicolejoy

Quote from: nicolejoy on August 22, 2007, 07:06:50 AM
Don't you love how on Godplace, you can post something which gets ZERO responses for 6 months, and then someone goes and posts in the thread and all of a sudden, you have a billion responses all at once??

Hey, look what I said 10 months ago!!

Ashlee

I know, and it's true.  Chris, do you have anything to add to this thread?

EricShane

makes me think of the door of Mercy closing...
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

RainbowJingles

Tsalagi

Quote from: teacheroftheLord on June 24, 2008, 05:28:38 PM
I know, and it's true.  Chris, do you have anything to add to this thread?

Only that the shape of the gate is nearly right, the swirls I'm pretty sure were "wind", I'm not satisfied with the perspective, and the road behind the gate is not clear as a road.

The road is only found when one quits looking so hard for it and just trusts to be Found; "lost" has a meaning, and if we were able to "Find God", then we wouldn't be "lost" now would we?

Also, the gate will always remain open, so long as the world remains.